Vietnamese studies (Việt Nam học) in general is the study of Vietnam and things related to Vietnam. It refers, especially, to the study of modern Vietnamese and literature, history, ethnology, and the philological approach, respectively.
The specialist in this area is called a Vietnamist.
Several major universities in the United States offer a Vietnamese studies major or program, including the University of Houston, University of California, and Yale University. Some colleges, such as Hobart and William Smith Colleges, offer a study abroad exchange program. The Vietnam National University[disambiguation needed] has a comprehensive Institute of Vietnamese Studies and Development Sciences. The Tokyo University of Foreign Studies also offers a program in the field. In Central Europe, the oldest university, Charles University in Prague also offers a study programme focused on Vietnamese studies, called Ethnology with Vietnamese 
- Christianity in Vietnam
- Cuisine of Vietnam
- Culture of Vietnam
- Demographics of Vietnam
- Southeast Asian studies
- Economy of Vietnam
- Education in Vietnam
- Geography of Vietnam
- History of Vietnam
- Lesbians and gays in Vietnam
- List of ethnic groups in Vietnam
- Politics of Vietnam
- Religion in Vietnam
- Vietnamese art
- Vietnamese language
- Vietnam War
- Women of Vietnam
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
- Jack D. Harris, "Growing a Vietnamese Studies Program," ASAIA Network Exchange, Winter 2006, p. 21, found at Asia Network website. Retrieved June 21, 2011.
- Vietnam National University website Institute of Vietnamese Studies and Development Sciences page. Retrieved June 21, 2011.[dead link]
- Tokyo University of Foreign Studies website Vietnamese studies page. Retrieved June 21, 2011.
- Vietnamistika. Retrieved June 21, 2011.
- Journal of Vietnamese Studies
- Vietnam Studies Group of the Southeast Asia Council of the Association for Asian Studies
- Review of Vietnamese Studies
- Vietnamese Studies Internet Resource Center
- Vietnamese Studies Major page at the University of Houston (Texas)
- The Asia Foundation Faculty Research Grant Program in Vietnamese Studies at the UCLA website
|This literature-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Vietnam-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This linguistics article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|