Location of Byers Peninsula, Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands
|Archipelago||South Shetland Islands|
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
Vietor Rock is a rock linked by a spit to Nikopol Point on the south coast of Byers Peninsula, Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. The area was visited by early 19th century sealers operating on Byers Peninsula.
The rock is located at President Head, Snow Island, 5.15 km (3.20 mi) east-northeast of Long Rock and 4.52 km (2.81 mi) east-southeast of Devils Point (British mapping in 1968, Chilean in 1971, Argentine in 1980, detailed Spanish mapping in 1992, and Bulgarian mapping in 2009).which is 1.2 km (0.75 mi) south-southwest of Nikopol Point, 7.16 km (4.45 mi) northeast of
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- Península Byers, Isla Livingston. Mapa topográfico a escala 1:25000. Madrid: Servicio Geográfico del Ejército, 1992.
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4
|This Livingston Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|