Vihang A. Naik
|Vihang A. Naik|
September 2, 1969|
|Occupation||Poet, translator, educator|
Vihang A. Naik or Vihang Ashokbhai Naik ( 2 September 1969 )  is one of the contemporary bilingual poets from Gujarat, India and a native speaker of Gujarati. He has authored many collections of poetry in English and Gujarati. He translates from Gujarati into English.
Vihang A. Naik was born on September 2, 1969 at Surat, in Gujarat into a Gujarati family in Surat. From Surat, he moved to Baroda, Ahmedabad and other cities out of Gujarat. His travels gave him unique insight into life and humanity for his creative writing. Navrachana was his primary school then he changed cities and schools. He did his matriculation from a local school in Vadodara, obtained bachelor's degree in Arts (English Literature and Philosophy) and master's degree (English Literature and Indian Literature in English Translation) from Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. He has translated his own Gujarati Poetry "Jeevangeet" into English. His poetry is included in various anthologies, literary journals and magazines such as Anthology of Contemporary Indian Poetry, The Dance of the Peacock, The Indian P.E.N.,The Journal of Poetry Society (India),The Journal of Literature and Aesthetics, Indian Literature, The Brown Critique, Poetry Chain, Kavya Bharati, The Journal of Indian Writing In English, Coldnoon: Travel Poetics, Muse India etc.
- City Times and Other Poems first published by Kolkata: Writers Workshop, India 1993.
- Poetry Manifesto ( New & Selected Poems ), published by Indialog Publications Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 2010.
- Making A Poem ( Mumbai: Allied Publishers, 2004) 
- Jeevangeet (Gujarati poetry ), published by Navbharat Sahitya Mandir, Ahmedabad, 2001.
- Travelogue : The Grand Indian Express (2017) ed. by Dr. Ananad Kumar and published by Authorspress, New Delhi
- Anthology of Contemporary Indian Poetry (2004) ed. by Menka Shivdasani and published by Michael Rothenberg, Big Bridge United States.
- The Dance of the Peacock: An Anthology of English Poetry from India (2013) ed. by Vivekanand Jha and published by Hidden Brook Press, Canada.
- Scaling Heights : An Anthology of Contemporary Indian English Poetry (2013) eds. by Dr. Gopal Lahiri and Dr.Kirti Sengupta and published by Authorspress, New Delhi
- Exiled Among Natives (2013) eds. by Prof. Charu Sheel Singh, Dr. Binod Mishra and published by Adhyayan Publishers, New Delhi
- The Golden Treasure of Writers Workshop Poetry (2008) ed. by Rubana Huq and published by Writers Workshop, Calcutta
- A New Book of Indian Poems In English (2000) ed. by Gopi Kottoor and published by Poetry Chain and Writers Workshop, Calcutta
- Accent on Indian English Poetry (1998) ed. by Ed. H. S. Shivaprakash and published by Indian Literature Special issue ( No.4. issue 186 ) Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi
- A Decade of Poetry ( 1997–98 ) eds. Prabhanjan K. Mishra , Menka Shivdasani, Jerry Pinto and Ranjit Hoskote Special edition (Vols. 6 and 7) of Poiesis : A Journal of Poetry Circle, Bombay
- Modern Research Studies: An International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences( 2017 ) Interview: Unfolding the World of Vihang A. Naik: Interview of an Indian Poet by Goutam Karmakar
- Muse India(2016), Interview: Vihang A. Naik in conversation with Dr. Ajit Kumar
- The Criterion (2012), Interview: Vihang A. Naik, Indian Poet in Conversation with Vishwanath Bite
- "Sahitya Akademi : Who's Who of Indian Writers". Sahitya Akademi. Sahitya Akademi. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- Europa Publications. "International Who's Who in Poetry 2005". Europa Publications, 2005.
- Research Scholar. "Kaleidoscopic Vision in the Vihang Naik's Poetry" (PDF). ResearchScholar, May 2013.
- Magnus Publishing. "Reflective and Aesthetic Landscapes: The Poetry of Vihang A. Naik" (PDF). Magnus Publishing, April 2015.
- AkilaNews. "Vihang A. Naik". Akila News.
- Dr. Ratan Bhattacharjee. "Vihang A. Naik, a versatile poet with compassion". Meri News.
- Criterion. "Vihang A. Naik - Books" (PDF). Criterion.
- SpectralHues. "Vihang A. Naik's City Times and Other Poems". Spectralhues.
- Scilet. "Kavya Bharati" (PDF). Scilet.
- "Anthology of Contemporary Indian Poetry". BigBridge.Org. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- Grove, Richard. "The Dance of the Peacock:An Anthology of English Poetry from India". Hidden Brook Press, Canada. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Press, Hidden Brook. "Hidden Brook Press". Hidden Brook Press. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Vihang A Naik: In Conversation with Ajit Kumar". Muse India. Sep–Oct 2016. ISSN 0975-1815. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Achievers Journal. "Vihang A. Naik on City Times and Other Poems". Achievers Journal.
- LangLit. "Vihang A Naik's City Times and Other Poems" (PDF). LangLit - An International Peer-Reviewed Open Access Journal.
- "First poetry book with five blank pages". Limca Book of Records. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Vihang A Naik. "Vihang A. Naik's Book - City Times and Other Poems". Dr.Sachin Ketkar reviewed at Worldcat.Org, OCLC Number:32209677.
- Vihang A Naik. "Vihang A. Naik's Book - Poetry Manifesto" (PDF). Literary Cognizance.
- "Making a Poem by Vihang Naik, Review by: Patricia Prime". Indian Literature. New Delhi: Sahitya Akademi. 50 (4 (234)): 191–193. July–August 2006. JSTOR 23346451.
- "Anthology of Contemporary Indian Poetry". BigBridge ( USA ). Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "The Dance of the Peacock : An Indo/English Poetry Anthology". Hidden Brook Press ( Canada ). Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "Rubana Huq, ed. The Golden Treasury of Writers Workshop Poetry. Review : ASIATIC, VOLUME 3, NUMBER 1, JUNE 2009". journals.iium.edu.my. journals.iium.edu.my. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "A Disturbed Sleep Vihang Naik Indian Literature". jstor.org. jstor.org. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- "A Poem Vihang Naik Indian Literature". jstor.org. jstor.org. Retrieved 3 September 2018.