Vihang A. Naik
Vihang A. Naik
|Born||2 September 1969|
Surat, Gujarat, India
|Occupation||Poet, translator, educator|
|Notable awards||Limca Book of Records (2016); Kalinga Lit Fest (2019)|
Vihang A. Naik or Vihang Ashokbhai Naik (2 September 1969) is a modern bilingual poet from Gujarat, India. He has authored many collections of poetry in English and Gujarati, besides translating poems from Gujarati into English. He died in the year 2021.
Vihang A. Naik was born on September 2, 1969 at Surat, in Gujarat into a Gujarati family in Surat. From Surat, he moved to Baroda, Ahmedabad and other cities out of Gujarat. He did his matriculation from a local school in Vadodara, obtained a bachelor's degree in arts (English Literature and Philosophy) and master's degree (English Literature and Indian Literature in English Translation) from Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. He taught English in various colleges of North Gujarat. He retired in 2019.
Naik has translated his own Gujarati Poetry "Jeevangeet" into English. His poetry is included in various anthologies, literary journals and magazines such as Anthology of Contemporary Indian Poetry, The Dance of the Peacock, The Indian P.E.N.,The Journal of Poetry Society (India),The Journal of Literature and Aesthetics, Indian Literature, The Brown Critique, Poetry Chain, Kavya Bharati, The Journal of Indian Writing In English, Coldnoon: Travel Poetics, Muse India etc.
- City Times and Other Poems first published by Kolkata: Writers Workshop, India 1993.
- Poetry Manifesto ( New & Selected Poems ), published by Indialog Publications Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 2010.
- Making A Poem ( Mumbai: Allied Publishers, 2004)
- Jeevangeet (Gujarati poetry ), published by Navbharat Sahitya Mandir, Ahmedabad, 2001.
- Travelogue : The Grand Indian Express (2017) ed. by Dr. Ananad Kumar and published by Authorspress, New Delhi
- Anthology of Contemporary Indian Poetry (2004) ed. by Menka Shivdasani and published by Michael Rothenberg, Big Bridge United States.
- The Dance of the Peacock: An Anthology of English Poetry from India (2013) ed. by Vivekanand Jha and published by Hidden Brook Press, Canada.
- Scaling Heights : An Anthology of Contemporary Indian English Poetry (2013) eds. by Dr. Gopal Lahiri and Dr.Kirti Sengupta and published by Authorspress, New Delhi
- Exiled Among Natives (2013) eds. by Prof. Charu Sheel Singh, Dr. Binod Mishra and published by Adhyayan Publishers, New Delhi
- The Golden Treasure of Writers Workshop Poetry (2008) ed. by Rubana Huq and published by Writers Workshop, Calcutta
- A New Book of Indian Poems In English (2000) ed. by Gopi Kottoor and published by Poetry Chain and Writers Workshop, Calcutta
- Accent on Indian English Poetry (1998) ed. by Ed. H. S. Shivaprakash and published by Indian Literature Special issue ( No.4. issue 186 ) Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi
- A Decade of Poetry ( 1997–98 ) eds. Prabhanjan K. Mishra, Menka Shivdasani, Jerry Pinto and Ranjit Hoskote Special edition (Vols. 6 and 7) of Poiesis : A Journal of Poetry Circle, Bombay
- Edexllive ( The New Indian Express ) (2019), Book Talk : Poems on how to write poems: Why you should read this award-winning poet's latest book
- Modern Research Studies: An International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences( 2017 ) Interview: Unfolding the World of Vihang A. Naik: Interview of an Indian Poet by Goutam Karmakar
- Muse India(2016), Interview: Vihang A. Naik in conversation with Dr. Ajit Kumar
- The Achievers Journal (2015), Book Talk : Vihang A. Naik on Cit Times and Other Poems
- Goutam Karmakar, The Poetry of Vihang A. Naik: New Literary Dimensions (New Delhi : Authorspress, 2018)
- Sanjay P. Pandey, Vihang A Naik: A Study of his Mind and Art (New Delhi : Authorspress, 2018)
- "Sahitya Akademi : Who's Who of Indian Writers". Sahitya Akademi. Sahitya Akademi. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- Europa Publications (2 August 2004). International Who's Who in Poetry 2005. Europa Publications, 2005. ISBN 9781135355197.
- Magnus Publishing. "Reflective and Aesthetic Landscapes: The Poetry of Vihang A. Naik" (PDF). Magnus Publishing, April 2015.
- AkilaNews. "Vihang A. Naik". Akila News.
- Dr. Ratan Bhattacharjee. "Vihang A. Naik, a versatile poet with compassion". Meri News.
- SpectralHues (8 November 2014). "Vihang A. Naik's City Times and Other Poems". Spectralhues.
- ""Minimalist Poet" Vihang Naik marvels us with his making a poem". thestatesman.com. thestatesman.com. 10 January 2020. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- "Know more about the vibrant Indian poet Vihang A Naik". indiatimes.com. indiatimes.com. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- "Limca book of Record holder Vihang A. Naik got Awarded for Best Poetry in Konark Lit Fest 2019, his latest book " Making a poem" got warm Literary welcome". ibtimes.co.in. ibtimes.co.in. 22 January 2020. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- Scilet. "Kavya Bharati" (PDF). Scilet.
- "Poet Profile , Vihang A. Naik". thehaikufoundation.org. thehaikufoundation.org. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Anthology of Contemporary Indian Poetry". BigBridge.Org. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- Grove, Richard. "The Dance of the Peacock:An Anthology of English Poetry from India". Hidden Brook Press, Canada. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Press, Hidden Brook. "Hidden Brook Press". Hidden Brook Press. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Vihang A Naik: In Conversation with Ajit Kumar". Muse India. September–October 2016. ISSN 0975-1815. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- LangLit. "Vihang A Naik's City Times and Other Poems" (PDF). LangLit - An International Peer-Reviewed Open Access Journal.
- "Limca Book Record Holder Vihang Naik wins Konark Lit Fest Award". dailypioneer.com. International Business Times. 22 January 2020. Retrieved 31 January 2022.
- "Poetry is Fusion of Thought and Feeling Says Eminent Poet Vihang A. Naik". theasianchronicle.com. theasianchronicle.com. 16 October 2019. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- "Poetry independent of geographical quotient: Naik". dailypioneer.com. dailypioneer.com. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- Vihang A Naik. Vihang A. Naik's Book - City Times and Other Poems. Dr.Sachin Ketkar reviewed at Worldcat.Org, OCLC Number:32209677. OCLC 32209677.
- Vihang A Naik. "Vihang A. Naik's Book - Poetry Manifesto" (PDF). Literary Cognizance.
- Prime, Patricia (July–August 2006). "Making a Poem by Vihang Naik, Review by: Patricia Prime". Indian Literature. New Delhi: Sahitya Akademi. 50 (4 (234)): 191–193. JSTOR 23346451.
- "Anthology of Contemporary Indian Poetry". BigBridge ( USA ). Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "The Dance of the Peacock : An Indo/English Poetry Anthology". Hidden Brook Press ( Canada ). Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- Mandal, Somdatta (15 June 2009). "Rubana Huq, ed. The Golden Treasury of Writers Workshop Poetry. Review : ASIATIC, VOLUME 3, NUMBER 1, JUNE 2009". Asiatic: IIUM Journal of English Language and Literature. journals.iium.edu.my. 3 (1): 126–129. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- Naik, Vihang (1998). "A Disturbed Sleep Vihang Naik Indian Literature". Indian Literature. jstor.org. 42 (4 (186)): 119. JSTOR 23341904.
- Naik, Vihang (1998). "A Poem Vihang Naik Indian Literature". Indian Literature. jstor.org. 42 (4 (186)): 117. JSTOR 23341901.
- "The Poetry of Vihang A. Naik: New Literary Dimensions Review". langlit.org. LangLit , India. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- "The Poetry of Vihang A. Naik - New Literary Dimensions" (PDF). pintersociety.com. Lapis Lazuli : An International Literary Journal. Retrieved 22 March 2019.