Vijay Ghate performing in Bharat bhavan Bhopal September 2015
|Born||(1964-10-18) 18 October 1964 (age 56)|
|Origin||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Genres||Indian classical music|
|Years active||1990 onwards|
Ghate was born in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. He started learning his art at an early age of three in Jabalpur. He then moved to Mumbai, and learned for over twelve years under Taalyogi Pandit Suresh Talwalkar.
Vijay Ghate was personally chosen by Pandit Suresh Talwalker to play on his behalf in many concerts. Ghate accompanied Indian classical musicians, including Hariprasad Chaurasia, Vilayat Khan, Pandit Jasraj, Kaushiki Chakrabarty, Shivkumar Sharma, Amjad Ali Khan, Shahid Parvez, and Vishwa Mohan Bhatt as well as Indian Classical Kathak dancers including Birju Maharaj and Nandkishore Kapote.
Taalchakra is a music festival started by Vijay Ghate and few others. This festival provides a platform for young musicians to perform. Different artists from various genres of music perform at the festival.
- "'Padma Awards 2014'". Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- Suhasini, Lalitha (13 February 2005). "Taal order". Indianexpress.com. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "US edition: A year of melody". Rediff.com. 3 August 2000. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "The Hindu : Musical conversation". Hinduonnet.com. 8 February 2004. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Sangam wants to wash away 'promoted' music - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "'Taalchakra is back for music lovers'". Retrieved 18 September 2017.