Vijay J. Darda
Vijay J. Darda
|MP of Rajya Sabha for Maharashtra|
1998 – 4 July 2016
|Born||14 May 1950|
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Spouse(s)||Jyotsna Vijay Darda|
|Children||1 daughter, 1 son|
|Parents||Jawaharlal Darda, Veenadevi|
Vijay J. Darda (born 14 May 1950) is a politician from Indian National Congress party, and a Member of the Parliament of India representing Maharashtra in the Rajya Sabha since 1998, having been elected for three consecutive terms into the upper house of the Indian Parliament.
In 2012, Vijay Darda was reported to have been associated with companies that were awarded coal blocks under the controversial coal allocation by the then Coal Minister Dr Manmohan Singh for a throwaway price. In this controversy, his brother, Rajendra Darda, is also named along with him.
- "Detailed Profile - Shri Vijay Jawaharlal Darda - Members of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) - Who's Who - Government: National Portal of India". India.gov.in. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Lokmat Media Pvt. Ltd". Lokmat.net. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Jain Minority". www.jainminority.com. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- "Religious of Shri Vijay Darda". www.vijaydarda.in. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- "Narendra Modi is a tiger, a national saint, says Congress MP Vijay Darda - Politics News - IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 29 July 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Coal scandal and growing controversy around a Congress MP Mr Vijay Darda". Ndtv.com. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2012.