|Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Preceded by||Porika Naik Balram|
6 July 1961|
Village Sofi, Jalandhar district
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Residence||635A, Dilbagh Nagar Extension, Jalandhar, Punjab|
|As of December, 2014|
Vijay Sampla (born 6 July 1961), Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment in India, is a member of parliament from Hoshiarpur (Lok Sabha constituency). He won the Indian general election, 2014 as a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate. Vijay sampla has new home town at now hoshiarpur , near naloyia chownk ,hoshiarpur Sampla, a 53-year-old leader from Punjab, has worked as farm hand, labourer and plumber.
Sampla, who studied till Class 10, joined the party in 1998. He is the second minister from Punjab after Akali Dal's Harsimrat Kaur Badal. His political journey began after he was elected the Sarpanch or head of his Sofi village (Jalandhar District). He has held several key posts in the BJP's Punjab unit.
When he was a 27-year-old bereaved dalit, Sampla was trying to find his feet against the oppressive landlords of Jalandhar's Sofi Pind. His brother and he were left to fend for themselves after their father's death and Sampla went off to Saudi Arabia in 1979 to work for a plumbing company.
On his swearing-in as BJP's first minister from Punjab in NDA-II, he says, "I often recall one incident that shaped my life. While I was in Saudi Arabian city of Damam, I was asked to clean human excreta and repair a bathroom. I was young and flatly refused to do the cleaning part while telling the building owner that I was a plumber. On my insistence, the man put on plastic gloves and cleaned the muck himself. It taught me the difference between oppression against dalits and the will to work", Sampla recalled.
- "Shri Vijay Sampla -Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment".
- "Sampla has been a low-profile leader who started his political journey from being a sarpanch of his native village Sofi Pind near Jalandhar".
- "Shri Vijay Sampla factsheet".
- "Loksabha 2014 Vijay Sampla (Winner)".
- "Constituencywise-All Candidates". Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "BJP's Vijay Sampla faces opposition from his own partymen".
- "53-year-old Sampla in November 2014".
- "In 1998, by being elected sarpanch of Sofi village, he became the first Dalit sarpanch of the BJP from Doaba".
|This article about an Indian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|