Vijay Shekhar Sharma
|Vijay Shekhar Sharma|
Vijay Shekhar Sharma in 2005
08 July 1978|
Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Alma mater||Delhi College of Engineering (now Delhi Technological University)|
|Occupation||Founder & CEO of Paytm and One97 Communications Limited|
Sharma was born in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. He cites Alibaba's founder Jack Ma and Masayoshi Son of Softbank as his inspirations. He started college at Delhi College of Engineering at the age of 20. In 1997, while in college, started the website indiasite.net and sold it two years later for $1 million.
In 2000 he started one97 Communications which offered mobile content like news, cricket scores, ringtones, jokes and exam results. One97 is the parent company of Paytm, which was launched in 2010.
In 2017, Vijay Shekhar Sharma was featured in the World Billionaire's List by Forbes. He acquired the 1567th rank becoming India's youngest man to be featured on the list. 
- Honoris Causa Doctorate of Sciences (D.Sc.) Degree, Amity University Gurgaon, 2016 
- Jog, Natasha (20 August 2015). "Began College at 15, Has Billion-Dollar Firm at 37". NDTV.com.
- "Paytm's Vijay Shekhar Sharma ranked India's youngest billionaire in Forbes's latest list | Forbes India". Forbes India. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "Vijay Sharma, Paytm: an Alibaba for India". Financial Times.
- "Began College at 15, Has Billion-Dollar Firm at 37". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "The king of cash". Calcutta: The Telegraph.
- BS Reporter (22 December 2015). "Do a jihad for independent internet, oppose Facebook Basics: Paytm's Vijay Shekhar Sharma".
- "Free Basics: Zuckerberg in talks with Paytm's Vijay Shekhar and others to seek support". ETBrandEquity.com. 30 December 2015.
- "Paytm's Vijay Shekhar Sharma ranked India's youngest billionaire in Forbes's latest list | Forbes India". Forbes India. Retrieved 2017-04-07.
- "Airtel's Sunil Mittal, Paytm's Vijay Shekar given honorary degrees by Amity University". DNA INDIA.com.
- "Actor Ranveer Singh, Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma amongst the Most Influential Young Indians". The Economic Times. 2017-07-08. Retrieved 2017-11-29.