Vijay Yesudas at his house, 2011
|Birth name||Vijay Yesudas Kattassery|
|Born||23 March 1979|
|Labels||Sony Music India, Muzik 247|
|Website||Vijay Yesudas official site|
The son of acclaimed singer K. J. Yesudas, Vijay made his debut as a singer with the 2000 Malayalam film Millennium Stars, which had music composed by Vidyasagar. Vijay's known for his work predominantly in the South Indian film industry, especially Malayalam and Tamil films as well as in other Indian languages such as Telugu, Kannada, and Hindi.
Vijay Yesudas won two Kerala State Film Awards for Best Singer for the songs "Kolakkuzhal Vili Ketto" in Nivedyam (2007), and "Akaleyo Nee" in Grandmaster (2012) and "Mazhakondu Mathram" in Spirit (2012). He has also won four Filmfare Awards for Best Singer and four SIIMA Awards for Best Male Playback Singer. He made foray into acting by playing the villain role in the Tamil film Maari (2015) and the lead role in the Tamil film Padaiveeran (2018).
Vijay Yesudas was born to singer K. J. Yesudas and his wife Prabha. He is the second son in the family, having an elder brother named Vinod and a younger one, Vishal. He is the grandson of stage singer Augustine Joseph. He studied in Chennai till 9th grade and left to the U.S. for further studies. He graduated from Florida International University with a BA in music.
Vijay met his future wife Darshana at a music concert held in Dubai on 2002 Valentine's Day. After five years of dating, he married Darshana in 2007 at Trivandrum. They have a daughter named Ammeya and a son named Avyan.
Vijay Yesudas started learning Carnatic music in the early 1997. He is popular for songs sung under composer Yuvan Shankar Raja. He has collaborated with various other composers such as Dakshinamoorthy Swami, Ilaiyaraja, A.R. Rahman, Raveendran, Hamsalekha, Deva, Ouseppachan, Vidyasagar, Mani Sharma, Keeravani, and Mohan Sitara along with the new generation composers such as Karthik Raja, M. Jayachandran, Sabesh Murali, Harris Jayaraj, G.V.Prakash, D. Imman, Srikanth Deva, and Deepak Dev. Vijay's latest song Malare which he sang for the hit film Premam went viral among young audiences. The song was reshared countless times soon after its video release. He has sung 178 Malayalam songs and 118 Tamil songs.
- 2007– Best Singer – Nivedyam – "Kolakkuzhal Vili Ketto"
- 2012– Best Singer – Grandmaster, Spirit – "Akaleyo Nee", "Mazhakondu Mathram"
- 2011 – Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer – Malayalam – Indian Rupee – "Ee Puzhayum"
- 2012 – Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer – Malayalam – Spirit – "Mazhakondu Mathram"
- 2013 – Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer – Malayalam – Memories – "Thirayum Theeravum"
- 2015 – Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer – Malayalam – Premam – "Malare Ninne"
- 2016–1st IIFA Utsavam for playback singer male -Malayalam
- 2017–2nd IIFA Utsavam for playback singer male – Malayalam
- 2012–SIIMA Award for Best Male Playback Singer – ee Puzhayum
- 2013–SIIMA Award for Best Male Playback Singer – "Mazha Kondu
- 2014 – SIIMA Award for Best Male Playback Singer – "Thirayum Theeramum"
- 2016–SIMA Award for Best Male Playback Singer -Malare
- 2011– Asiavision Awards – Best Male Singer
- 2013 – Asiavision Awards – Best Male Singer
- 2015 – Asiavision Awards – Best Male Singer
- 2012 – Asianet Film Award – Best Male Singer
- 2013 – Asianet Film Award – Best Male Singer
- 2015– Asianet Film Award – Best Male Singer
- 2012– Best singer male
- 2016 - Best singer male
- 2018 - Best singer male
- 2014-Best Male Playback singer
- 2016-Best Male singer
- 2018-Best Male singer
Anand TV awards:
- 2016-Best Male singer
CERA BIG Malayalam Music Awards:
- 2014 – CERA BIG Malayalam Music Awards – Best Male Singer
Mangalam Music awards
- 2017 - Best Playback Singer
Flowers Music awards
- 2018 - Best Playback Singer
For complete discographies, see external links below.
|1999||Millennium Stars||O Mumbai, Parayan Njan Marannu, Krishna||Malayalam|
|2000||Life is Beautiful||Keli Nilavoru||Malayalam|
|2001||Friends||Rukku Rukku, Vaanam Perusuthan||Tamil|
|2003||Jayam||Kodi Kodi Minnalgal||Tamil|
|Kai Ethum Doorathu||Vasantha Ravil||Malayalam|
|Julie Ganapathy||Enakku Piditha Paadal||Tamil|
|Kadhal Kondein||Kadhal Mattum Purivathillai||Tamil|
|2004||Naa Autograph||Nuvvante pranamani||Telugu|
|Vajram||Njan Nadakkum Chaliloru||Malayalam|
|Two Wheeler||Two Wheeler||Malayalam|
|Raam||Nizhalinai Nijamum, Yaaro Arivaal||Tamil|
|Sandakozhi||Dhavani Potta Deepavali||Tamil|
|2006||Kalvanin Kadhali||Tajmahal Oviyakkaadhal||Tamil|
|Sri Ramadasu||Allah, Yetheruga||Telugu|
|Pattiyal||Dei Namma, Poga Poga||Tamil|
|2007||Chennai 600028||Un Parvai||Tamil|
|Anumanaspadam||Ninnu Vethiki Vethiki choosi||Telugu|
|Thamirabharani||Kattabomma oor enakku||Tamil|
|Nivedyam||Kolakuzhal Viliketto, Tham Thakida||Malayalam|
|Samastha Keralam P O||Sundari Sundari||Malayalam|
|Aa Okkadu||Vuruko Manasa||Telugu|
|Aayirathil Oruvan||Thaai Thindra Mannae (The Cholan Ecstasy)/(Classical Version)||Tamil|
|Taj Mahal||Chellani Premaku||Telugu|
|2010||Kaadhal Solla Vandhen||Enna Enna Aagiraen||Tamil|
|Boss Engira Bhaskaran||Mama Mama||Tamil|
|Jhootha Hi Sahi||I've Been Waiting||Hindi|
|Kalayan Ram Kathi||Jai Jai RAM||Telugu|
|Avan Ivan||Oru Malaiyoram||Tamil|
|Muthal Idam||Thinadaduren Naane||Tamil|
|Maha Raja||Hello Nanbaa||Tamil|
|Muthukku Muthaga||Enna Panni Tholache||Tamil|
|Teja Bhai and family||Oru Madhurakinavin remix||Malayalam|
|Indian Rupee||Ee puzhayum Sandhyakalum||Malayalam|
|Ennennum Ormakkayi||Azhake manjumani||Malayalam|
|Mullessery Madhavankutty||Ishta Swapnamini||Malayalam|
|Ee Adutha Kalathu||Oruvazhiyai||Malayalam|
|Namukku Parkkan||Kannadi kallangal||Malayalam|
|Female Unnikrishnan||Ayalethe Sundariye||Malayalam|
|Akasathinte Niram||Kanneer kadalin||Malayalam|
|Run Baby Run||Aarohanam avarohanam||Malayalam|
|Thappana||Oorum Perum Ariyathe||Malayalam|
|Parudeesa||Parisudha Kanya Mariyame||Malayalam|
|Bhoopadathil Illatha Oridam||Ormakalil Ormakalil||Malayalam|
|Puthiya Theerangal||Rajagopuram Kadannu||Malayalam|
|Ayalum Njanum Thammil||Januariyil||Malayalam|
|Raja Pokkiri Raja||Manikanakkil Sirikum||Tamil|
|Raja Pokkiri Raja||Kelunga Kelunga||Tamil|
|3||Nee Partha vizhigal||Tamil|
|Meenkothi||Survey Survey survesa||Tamil|
|Aadhalal Kadhal Seiveer||Poovum Poovum||Tamil|
|Gnabhagam Varuthe||O Intha Nesam||Tamil|
|Nanbargal Kavanathirku||Kummaru Kummalu||Tamil|
|Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga||Dheivangal Ellam||Tamil|
|Kan Pesum Varthaigal||Perilla Mozhiyile||Tamil|
|Kammath and Kammath||Koyambatore Natile||Malayalam|
|David and Goliath||Nee Aro||Malayalam|
|Rebecca Uthup Kizhakkemalayil||Kizhakkemalayile||Malayalam|
|Ladies and Gentlemen||Kandathinappuram||Malayalam|
|Hotel California||Manjuthirum Ravin||Malayalam|
|Parayoo Pathukeyen Kathil||Mazhavannu Mannine||Malayalam|
|Up & Down: Mukalil Oralundu||Vaanam Chuttum||Malayalam|
|Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam||Paakathe Paakathe||Tamil|
|2014||Praise the Lord||Innaleyolam||Malayalam|
|Legend||Nee Kanti Choopullo||Telugu|
|Govindudu Andarivadele||Chinnari Ki Voniliche Bangari Bava||Telugu|
|Ennum Eppozhum||Pularipoo Penne||Malayalam|
|Ennu Ninte Moideen||Kannondu Chollanu||Malayalam|
|Elanjikavu P.O||Mazhathornna Ponkinavin||Malayalam|
|She Taxi||Vezhambal Mizhikal||Malayalam|
|Amar Akbar Anthony||Maanjadum||Malayalam|
|2016||Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada||Avalum Naanum||Tamil|
|Arathu Sinam||Thanimaiye Thanimaiye||Tamil|
|Oka Manasu||Hrudayama Kalusuko||Telugu|
|2017||Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol||Athimara Kombile||Malalyalam|
|Shatamanam Bhavati||Shatamanam Bhavati||Telugu|
|Baahubali 2: The Conclusion||ali Bali Bahubal
Ore Oru Raja
|Sriramudinta Srikrishnudanta||Adugutho Aduge||Telugu|
|Dada is Back||Mallige Mellage||Kannada|
|Oru Mexican Aparatha||Ivalaaro||Malalyalam|
|Padai Veeran||Inaiye Inaiye||Tamil|
|The Great Father||Kaiveesi Enne||Malalyalam|
|Udaharanam Sujatha||Kattilila Polengo||Malalyalam|
|Nene Raju Nene Mantri||Radhamma Radhamma||Telugu|
|Dubai seenu||Kanya Raasi||Telugu|
|2015||Maari||Arjun Kumar||Balaji Mohan||Tamil|
- . Manorama Online http://english.manoramaonline.com/entertainment/interview/vijay-yesudas-on-giving-hit-songs-and-other-music-ventures.html. Retrieved 24 June 2016. Missing or empty
- . The New Indian Express http://www.newindianexpress.com/entertainment/malayalam/article261621.ece. Retrieved 18 June 2016. Missing or empty
- . The Hindu http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/music/vijay-yesudas-scores-high-with-akaleyo-nee/article4443241.ece. Retrieved 18 June 2016. Missing or empty
- . http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/malayalam/movies/news/Shreya-Ghoshal-Vijay-Yesudas-win-Filmfare-Best-Playback-Singers-Award/articleshow/52811873.cms. Retrieved 18 June 2016. Missing or empty
|title=(help); External link in
- "Best Male Playback Siger Award from NAFA in 2016". Archived from the original on 20 July 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "Vijay Yesudas shines alongside Dhanush in 'Maari' trailer". Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- "Vijay Yesudas's Portfolio". Vijay Yesudas official website. 25 March 2007. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Vijay Yesudas gets hitched". Oneindia. 23 January 2007. Retrieved 14 March 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 May 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Gurupriya S (25 October 2010). "Everyone sways over Vijay's song". Times of India. Retrieved 25 October 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vijay Yesudas.|