|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Relatives||Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu
Vijayachander, (born Vijayachander Telidevara), is an Indian film actor, director and producer, known for his works in Telugu cinema, Tamil cinema, Telugu theatre, and Telugu Television.  Regarded as one of the finest character actor's of Telugu cinema, Vijayachander has appeared in more than forty feature films in a variety of roles.  
Vijayachander is known for his path-breaking works in biographical films; He essayed Jesus of Nazareth in the 1978 film Karunamayudu which he produced, and won the Nandi Award for Best Feature Film; He then enacted his own maternal Grandfather Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu in the 1982 film Andhra Kesari for which he has received the state Nandi Special Jury Award.
He then essayed Sai Baba of Shirdi in the 1986 classic Sri Shirdi Saibaba Mahathyam which was screened at the International Film Festival of India; In the same year, he appeared as saint Vemana in the super hit Vemana Charithra. In 1989, he starred in the Maniratnam directed Romantic drama film, Geetanjali, which won the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment. He enacted the role of Kabir in the 2003 film Kabirdas. The 2006 Tamil film Veyil was screened at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival in the "Tous Les Cinemas Du Monde" section. He received positive reviews for his performance in the social problem film Virodhi, which was screened at the Indian panorama section of the 2012 International Film Festival of India.
Personal life and family
After a successful career in Telugu theatre, He made his acting debut in the film Sudigundalu (1967), which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu for that year. In 2007, he has donated land for old film artists and Movie Artists Association.
During 1996 to 1998, he was cast in a 50-episode serial titled Dayasagar, which was telecasted on DD National. The series was also dubbed into Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam and other languages for repeat telecasts.
- Nandi Award for Best Feature Film (Bronze) - Karunamayudu (1978) 
- Nandi Special Jury Award - Andhra Kesari (1983) 
- "suDigunDAlu ( 1967 )". Ghantasala.info. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Vijayachander Telugu Movies".
- host, just. "Welcome mahaandhra.com - Justhost.com".
- "Nandi Awards - 1983 - Winners & Nominees".
- Y. Sunita Chowdhary (2011-11-12). "Arts / Cinema : Grill Mill – Vijay Chander". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- Anupama Subramanian DC chennai (2012-05-05). "Hansika signs yet another film with STR". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Tanguturi-Vijaychander on Independent Catholic News". Indcatholicnews.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "I Love Hyderabad". I Love Hyderabad. 1978-12-21. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad News : Actors Jayasudha, Vijaychander join Congress". The Hindu. 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Telugu Movie launch, audio release, celebrity events and function converage".
- Special Correspondent (2012-05-18). "NATIONAL / ANDHRA PRADESH : Vijay Chander adds lustre to poll campaign". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-08-02.