|Born||August 2, 1960|
Mulanthuruthy, Ernakulam district, Kerala, India
Vijayalakshmi was born on 2 August 1960 in Mulanthuruthy village in Ernakulam district as the daughter of Kuzhikkattil Raman Velayudhan and Kamalakshi. She completed her education from Chottanikkara Government High School, St. Teresa's College, Ernakulam and Maharajas College. She completed her graduation in Biology and obtained her masters in Malayalam literature with a first rank from Kerala University. She is married to Balachandran Chullikkadu, a known Malayalam poet.
She has published numerous poems in Malayalam. She was a member of the Executive Committee and General Council of Kerala Sahitya Akademi. She has also held various other posts in the Academy, such as its Advisory Board Member and the Convener of its Publication Committee. She also served as Vice President of the Samastha Kerala Sahitya Parishad.
Many of Vijayalakshmi's poems try to establish gender-equality and question the dichotomy on women. Literary critic M. Leelavathy lauds the concept of feminism in Vijayalakshmi as a continuation of the feminism of the Malayalam poet Balamani Amma.
- Mrigasikshakan (1992, DC Books, Kottayam)
- Thachante Makal (1992, DC Books, Kottayam)
- Mazhathan Mattetho Mukham (1999, DC Books, Kottayam)
- Himasamadhi (2001, DC Books, Kottayam)
- Anthyapralobhanam (2002, DC Books, Kottayam)
- Ottamanalthari (2003, DC Books, Kottayam)
- Anna Akhmatovayude Kavithakal (2001, DC Books, Kottayam, Trans.)
- Andhakanyaka (2006, DC Books, Kottayam)
- Mazhaykkappuram (2010) (2010, DC Books, Kottayam)
- Vijayalakshmiyude Kavithakal (2010, DC Books, Kottayam)
- Jnana Magdalena (2013, DC Books, Kottayam)
- Seethadarsanam (2016,DC Books, Kottayam )
- vijayalakshmiyude Pranayakavithakal ( 2018 , D C Books , Kottayam )
- 1982: Kunjupillai Award
- 1992: Lalithambika Sahitya Award
- 1990: Ankanam Sahitya Award
- 1994: Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award
- 1995: Vyloppilly Award
- 1995: Changampuzha Award
- 1995: Indira Gandhi Sahitya Award
- 1997: V. T. Bhattathirippad Award
- 2001: P. Kunhiraman Nair Award for Mazhathan Mattetho Mukham
- 2010: Bala Sahitya Institute Award
- 2010: Ulloor Award
- 2011: A. Ayyappan Poetry Award
- 2011: Krishnageethi Award
- 2013: Library Council Literary Award
- 2013: Padmaprabha Award
- 2013: O. V. Vijayan Sahitya Puraskaram for Vijayalakshmiyude Kavithakal
- "എന്റെ കവയിത്രി". Indian Express Malayalam (in Malayalam). 26 July 2018. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "കവിതയുടെ നഷ്ടജാതകം". ManoramaOnline. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "Ayyappan award presented". The Hindu. 22 October 2011. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Poet Vijayalakshmi gets Kerala State Library Council award". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "Vijayalakshmi bags Padmaprabha award". The Hindu. 9 September 2013. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- "Padmaprabha award for Vijayalakshmi". The Economic Times. 7 September 2013. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "Award for writer Vijayalakshmi". The Hindu. 18 October 2011. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "Malayalam poet Vijayalakshmi selected for Literary Award". news.webindia123.com. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "Bhagavatham (poem) by Vijayalakshmi". Scribd. 25 March 2019. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- Vijayalakshmi: A devout feminist (Unnikrishnan Atiyodi in Kerala Calling March 2014)
- "Deshabhimani Weekly - ഫാഷിസത്തിന്റെ വെളുത്ത താടി". archive.is. 23 October 2013. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- Saccidānandan (2001). Indian Poetry: Modernism and After : a Seminar. Sahitya Akademi. pp. 75–. ISBN 978-81-260-1092-9.