Vijayawada (rural) mandal
|Vijayawada (rural) mandal
విజయవాడ (గ్రామీణ) మండలం
Mandal map of Krishna district showing Vijayawada (rural) mandal (in yellow)
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Vijayawada (rural) mandal is one of the 50 mandals in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is under the administration of Vijayawada revenue division and has its headquarters at Nunna. The mandal is bounded by Ibrahimpatnam, G. Konduru, Agiripalle, Gannavaram, Kankipadu, Penamaluru and Vijayawada (urban) mandals. The mandal is also a part of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region under the jurisdiction of APCRDA.
As of 2011[update] census, the mandal had a population of 153,591. The total population constitute, 79,926 males and 73,665 females —a sex ratio of 922 females per 1000 males. 14,771 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 7,699 are boys and 7,072 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 80.09% with 111,181 literates. Gollapudi is the most populated village and Vemavaram is the least populated village in the mandal.
Towns and villages
As of 2011[update] census, the mandal has 18 settlements. On 23 March 2017, as per the G.O. 104 of Municipal Administration and Urban Developmwnt Department, Ambapuram, Done Atukuru, Enikepadu, Gollapudi, Gudavalli, Jakkampudi, Nidamanuru, Nunna, Pathapadu, Prasadampadu, Ramavarappadu became a part of Vijayawada metropolitan area.
The settlements in the mandal are listed below:
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 494,526. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Administrative Setup". Krishna District Official Website. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mandals in Krishna district". aponline.gov.in. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority Act, 2014" (PDF). News19. Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. 30 December 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Sub-District Details of Krishna District". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- Reporter, Staff. "Vijayawada, 19 other contiguous areas notified as Metropolitan Area". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Welcome to Government Order Issue Register". goir.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Some Concepts and Definitions" (PDF). Census of India 2011. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
||G. Konduru mandal||G. Konduru mandal||Agiripalle mandal|
|Ibrahimpatnam mandal||Gannavaram mandal|
|Krishna River||Vijayawada (urban) mandal