||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Vijaysinh Shankarao Mohite-Patil (born 12 June 1944) is a former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra. He was also a Minister for PWD and Tourism & Rural Development for over 25 years, and was elected in 2014 as member of parliament (MP) for Madha in Maharashtra.
Mohite-Patil started his career as Sarpanch of Akluj in Solapur district. He served as President of Solapur Zilla Parishad from 1971 to 1979, and was MLA representing Malshiras from 1980 to 2009. In that time he established sugar factories, milk dairies & processing industries, poultry farms, schools, nursing college, engineering college and a D.Ed College in Malshiras Taluka. On 25 December 2003 he was sworn in as the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Also he was a cabinet Minister of PWD, Tourism and Rural Development Ministry.
In the 2009 elections his position as MLA from Malshiras became a Reserved Seat, forcing him to shift to the neighbouring Pandharpur seat. He was defeated in the elections that followed. NCP president Sharad Pawar eventually named him president of the Maharashtra State Co-operative Sugar Factories Federation. In 2014, he was elected as MP from Madha constituency in Maharashtra.
- Akluj Gram Panchayat- Member, Sarpanch
- Solapur Zilla Parishad- Member, President (From 1971 to 1979)
- State Assembly-Malshiras Constituency-MLA (From 1980 to 2009)
- Deputy CM. Maharashtra State (25 Dec 2003 – 1 Nov 2005)
- Minister of PWD
- Minister of Tourism
- Minister of Rural Development
- Chairman- Ethanol Manufacturers association of India.
- Chairman- Maharashtra Rajya Sakhar Sangh (State Sugar Cooperatives Association)
- MLC - Nominated by Governor (4, May 2012 - 16 May 2014 )
- Member of Parliament - Madha (16 May 2014 - Incumbent)
- Father - Shankarrao
- Mother - Ratnprabha
- Wife - Nandinidevi
- Son - Ranjitsinh
- Daughter - Renuka Karnik
- Brother - Rajsinh, Jaysinh, Madansinh, Pratapsinh, Udaysinh
- Nephew - Dhairysheel, Sangramsinh,Satyasheel, Dhavalsinh, Arjunsinh, Shivtejsinh, Kirtidwajsinh
- Grandchildren - Vishwatejsinh, Karan and Vaishnavi.
Vijaysinh's marriage was famous in Maharashtra as "lakshbhojan" in 1971,period of heavy droughts. More than 1 lacs of people were offered meal in his marriage.
- "Maharashtra sweats, its Energy Minister switches on 10 ACs". Indian Express. 21 July 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "Mohite-Patil replaces Bhujbal". The Tribune. 26 December 2003. Retrieved 2009-09-01.
- "Mohite-Patil's fortune teeters on Shinde's". MiD DAY. 28 October 2004. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- Kothari, Vishwas (5 April 2009). "Testing times for Shinde in Solapur". Indian Express. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "Vijaysinh Mohite-Patil, new chief of sugar co-ops federation". Daily News & Analysis.
|Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra
25 December 2003 – 1 November 2004
R. R. Patil
R. R. Patil
|Rural Development Minister
1 November 2004 – 9 October 2009