|Elevation||638 m (2,093 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TS7 & TS8|
Vikarabad is named after the Paigah noble Nawab Muhammed Fazaluddin Khan KCIE, also known as Sir Viqar-ul-Umrah Bahadur II, Sikander Jung, Iqbal-ud-Daula II and Iqtadar-ul-Mulk II. Nawab Muhammed Fazaluddin Khan served as prime minister of Hyderabad State and Berar Province between 1893 and 1901. The town of Vikarabad was granted permanently to Nawab Viqar-ul-Umrah Bahadur II as an inam (gift) for rendering conspicuous service to the state. Nawab Viqar-ul-Umrah was the younger son of Nawab Rasheeduddin Khan Bahadur.
As of 2001[update] India census, Vikarabad had a population of 53,185. Males constitute 26,422 of the population and females 26,763. Vikarabad has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 57%. In Vikarabad, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.Rangareddy Dist Police superintendent office is located at Vikarabad. Presently Vikarabad is renowned as Rural Education centre. Engineering, Medical, Dental, Polytechnic, ITI,and Colleges of Education are also situated and serving the rural people for low cost. Historical Sri Anantha Padmanabha College helped its pupil to emerge as Industrialists, IAS officers,Politicians, Software engineers and Professionals in many fields.Late.Dr.M.Ramchander Rao,a well known Dentist laid a good platform for medical and political environment here.
Places of interest around Vikarabad
- Trails outdoor trekking, camping and activity park.
- Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple in the village of Ananthagiri, 6 km from Vikarabad Mandal.
- Ananthagiri Hills, a forest region which is home to the Anantha Padnabhanaba Swamy temple. and the source of the Musi River. Telangana has second largest tuberculosis hospital is located in the Ananthagiri hills.
Vikarabad is an assembly constituency in Telangana State. MLAs representing the town have been:
- 2014 B. Sanjeeva Rao(Telangana Rashtra Samithi)
- 2009 G. Prasad Kumar (Indian National Congress)
- 2004 A.Chandra Shekar (Telangana Rashtra Samithi)
- 1999 A. Chandra sekhar (Telugu Desam Party)
- 1994 A. Chandra sekhar (Telugu Desam Party)
- 1989 A. Chandra sekhar (Telugu Desam Party)
- 1985 A. Chandra sekhar (Telugu Desam Party)
- 1983 K.R.K. Swami (Indian National Congress)
- 1978 V.B. Tirumalaiah (Indian National Congress)
- 1972 V.B. Tirumalaiah (Independent)
- 1967 A. Ramaswami (Indian National Congress)
- 1962 A. Ramaswami (Indian National Congress)
- 1957 Marri Chenna Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1957 A. Ramaswami (Indian National Congress)
- 1952 Marri Chenna Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1952 A. Ramaswami (Indian National Congress)
On 11th January 2014, Reverend Sanjaeevulu, leader of the Friends of Hebron evangelical church was stabbed seven times by strangers who claimed that they wanted to take part in a prayer group.Three days later, Sanjaeevulu died of his injuries in hospital. According to Release International, Reverend Sanjeevala's death is "among a growing catalogue of stories from India of Christian pastors and church leaders being attacked by Hindu nationalist groups who are determined to halt the progress of the Gospel."
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- 
- http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Evangelical-clergyman-stabbed-to-death-in-Andhra-Pradesh-30028.html. Accessed 9th January 2015
- Release Magazine January/February 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vikarabad.|
- Official site
- Birds of Ananthagiri Hills
- Butterflies of Ananthagiri Hills
- Flora of Ananthagiri Hills