|Viking metal, white supremacy|
Viking rock (also known as Vikingarock in Swedish) is a rock music genre that takes much of its themes from 19th-century Viking romanticism, mixing it with elements of rockabilly, Oi! or street punk, and folk music. Frequent themes occurring in Viking rock include vikings and Norse mythology, as well as Sweden's King Karl XII and the Caroleans.
Viking rock is often linked to white supremacy. Many make no distinction between Viking rock and white power music, and there is debate whether Viking rock is essentially racist. Some viking rock bands, however, allegedly disapprove of racism such as the Swedish band Hel.
Kuggnäsfestivalen is a music festival that caters to viking rock.
List of notable Viking rock bands
- "Musik i gränslandet". Expo. Archived from the original on August 24, 2010.
- "Vitt oljud: Vikingarock". Archived from the original on 2008-10-27. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- "Ökad utgivning av Vit maktmusik under 1990-talet". BRÅ. Archived from the original on June 15, 2009.
- Teitelbaum, Benjamin (2013). “Come Hear Our Merry Song:” Shifts in the Sound of Contemporary Swedish Radical Nationalism. Ph.D. Dissertation, Brown University.
- "Mondo avbokar vikingarock efter protester". 16 May 2003. Archived from the original on 2016-03-16.
- "Mondo avbokar vikingarock efter protester". Dagens Nyheter. 2003-05-16. Archived from the original on March 16, 2016.
- "Nyköpingspolisen beredda på konflikthelg". Dagens Nyheter. 2003-08-06. Archived from the original on January 23, 2016.
- Vikingarock.se - Sweden's largest homepage about Viking rock