|Viking metal, white supremacy|
Viking rock (also known as Vikingarock in Swedish) is a rock music genre that takes much of its themes from 19th-century Viking romanticism, mixing it with elements of rockabilly, Oi! or street punk, and folk music. Frequent themes occurring in Viking rock include vikings and Norse mythology, as well as Sweden's King Karl XII and the Caroleans.
Viking rock is often linked to white supremacy. Many make no distinction between Viking rock and white power music, and there is debate whether Viking rock is essentially racist. However, many Viking rock artists, such as the bands Hel and Kraftheim, completely disapprove of racism.
List of notable Viking rock bands
- "Musik i gränslandet". Expo. Archived from the original on August 24, 2010.
- "Vitt oljud: Vikingarock". Archived from the original on 2008-10-27. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- "Ökad utgivning av Vit maktmusik under 1990-talet". BRÅ. Archived from the original on June 15, 2009.
- Teitelbaum, Benjamin (2013). “Come Hear Our Merry Song:” Shifts in the Sound of Contemporary Swedish Radical Nationalism. Ph.D. Dissertation, Brown University.
- "Mondo avbokar vikingarock efter protester". Dagens Nyheter. 2003-05-16. Archived from the original on March 16, 2016.
- "Nyköpingspolisen beredda på konflikthelg". Dagens Nyheter. 2003-08-06. Archived from the original on January 23, 2016.
- Vikingarock.se - Sweden's largest homepage about Viking rock
|This rock music-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Sweden-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|