|Stylistic origins||Rockabilly, Oi!, street punk, folk music|
Viking rock (Vikingarock in Swedish) is a rock music genre that takes much of its themes from 19th-century Viking romanticism, mixing it with elements of rockabilly, Oi! or street punk, and folk music. Frequent themes occurring in Viking rock include vikings and Norse mythology, as well as Sweden's King Karl XII and the Caroleans.
List of notable Viking rock bands
- Expo: Musik i gränslandet
- Vitt oljud: Vikingarock
- BRÅ: Ökad utgivning av Vit maktmusik under 1990-talet
- Teitelbaum, Benjamin (2013). “Come Hear Our Merry Song:” Shifts in the Sound of Contemporary Swedish Radical Nationalism. Ph.D. Dissertation, Brown University.
- DN: Mondo avbokar vikingarock efter protester
- "Musik i gränslandet". Expo #2 2007, republished at the Forum för levande historia website. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- Dagens Nyheter: Nyköpingspolisen beredda på konflikthelg
- Vikingarock.se - Sweden's largest homepage about Viking rock
|This rock music-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Sweden-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|