Vikram-class offshore patrol vessel
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2013)|
|Builders:||Mazagon Dock Limited and Goa Shipyard Limited|
|Operators:||Indian Coast Guard, Sri Lanka Navy|
|Length:||74.10 m (243.1 ft)|
|Beam:||11.4 m (37 ft)|
|Draught:||3.2 m (10 ft)|
|Installed power:||2 × SEMT-Pielstick 16 PA6 V280 diesel engines|
|Propulsion:||2 × propellers 12800 bhp|
|Speed:||22 kn (41 km/h; 25 mph)|
|Range:||4,000 nmi (7,400 km; 4,600 mi) at 16 kn (30 km/h; 18 mph)|
|Complement:||11 officers and 85 enlisted|
|Radar : BEL make-1*Decca 1226 nav;BEL make-1*Decca 1230 nav|
|Armament:||40mm 60 cal Bofors Mk 3 AA or 30mm CRN 91 Naval Gun; 2 single 7.62mm MG|
The vessels in this class are 74 metres (243 ft) long with a beam of 11.4 metres (37 ft) and are armed with a Mantra Defense Lynx optronic-directed 40mm 60 cal Bofors Mk3 AA gun or dual 30mm CRN 91 Naval Gun. They are powered by two SEMT-Pielstick 16 PA6 V280 diesel engines driving two propllers. The vessels are equipped with pollution control equipment, two firefighting monitors, a four-tonne crane. They also carry diving equipment, two RIB inspection crafts, a grp[clarification needed] launch, and a hangar for a light helicopter. The Vikram-class vessels have an air-conditioned accommodation for a crew of 11 officers and 85 enlisted sailors.
A derivative of this has been exported to Mauritius as the MCGS Barracuda.
List of vessels
|Name||Pennant Number||Date of Launch||Date of commission||Date of Decommission||Homeport|
|ICGS Vikram||33||29 Sep 1981||26 Dec 1983||19 Jan 2012||Vishakapatanam|
|ICGS Vijaya||34||12 Apr 1985||23 Jan 2012||Porbandar|
|ICGS Veera||35||30 Jun 1984||3 May 1986||20 May 2013||Tuticorin|
|ICGS Varuna||36||1 Feb 1984||27 Feb 1988||Kochi|
|ICGS Vajra||37||31 Jan 1987||22 Dec 1988||Paradip|
|ICGS Vivek||38||5 Nov 1987||19 Aug 1989||Sank on 23 March 2010||Vishakapatnam|
|ICGS Vigraha||39||1 Dec 1988||12 Apr 1990||Paradip|
|ICGS Varad (GSL made)||40||2 Sep 1989||19 Jul 1990||Port Blair|
|ICGS Varaha (GSL made)||41||11 Mar 1992||Transferred to Sri Lanka||Chennai|
- Jija Bai-class patrol vessel
- Tara Bai-class coastal patrol vessel
- Priyadarshini-class patrol vessel
- Sarojini Naidu-class extra-fast patrol vessel
- Samar-class offshore patrol vessel
- "Three Coast Guard ships decommissioned - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekmEojnxq84, retrieved 2015-12-28 Missing or empty
- "ICGS Veera decommissioning | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "ICGS Varuna rescues Indian, Maldivian crew from sinking vessel - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Coast Guard ship ‘Vajra’ rebased at Paradip port". The Hindu. 2013-04-12. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Rest easy, Vizag’s coast is guarded". The Hindu. 2009-02-16. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "TN trawlers reach safety on AP coast". www.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "300 Kamorta students visit ICGS Varad". www.andamansheekha.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "No opposition to donation of Indian Coast Guard ship to Sri Lanka". Seithy - 24 Hours News Service. Retrieved 2015-12-28.