||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||23 January 1944
the village Dharampuri of Dhar district in Madhya Pradesh
|Occupation||National Vice President of Bharatiya Janata Party|
He was born in the village Dharampuri of Dhar district in Madhya Pradesh. His father is Ganpat Singh Verma. He married Shrimati Neena Verma on 22 June 1978. Shrimati Neena Verma is an MLA from Dhar, Indore. They have three daughters. His Eldest daughter is married to the elder son of Sh. Sahib Singh Verma, former C.M.[clarification needed] of Delhi.
He did his primary education from village Dharampuri. He loved eating Puri's a type of Indian dish. He graduated from Christian College, Indore. He received his M.A. (Hindi & Political Science) from Indore Christian College, Indore. He completed LL.B. from Indore Christian College, Indore.
On 17 July 2015, Anand Rai, an Indian RTI activist, lodged a complaint with CBI against senior BJP leader and former Union Minister Vikram Verma. He alleged that Verma had used his influence and power to get his MBBS student daughter transferred from a medical college in Uttar Pradesh to Gandhi Medical College in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. His daughter was also accused of getting admission to medical school with corruption.
- He was president of the student’s union in his college life.
- 1969-72 : he remained chairman of Dharampuri Municipality.
- 1977-80 : he was first time elected member of state assembly and appointed as parliamentary secretary.
- 1980-85, Member, Legislative Assembly, Madhya Pradesh and was Pradesh mantri of Bhartiya Janta Party.
- 1989-93 Cabinet Minister, School Education, Higher Education, Sports, Culture, Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- 1990-93 and 1993-98 1978-80 Parliament Secretary, Education, Sports and Youth Welfare, Government of Madhya Pradesh
- 1993-98 Leader of the Opposition, Legislative Assembly, Madhya Pradesh
- 2000-04 Union Cabinet Minister of youth affairs and sports,Member of Rajya Sabha in Third Vajpayee Ministry
- 2006 Re-elected to Rajya Sabha
- 2007- Appointed as National Vice President of Bharatiya Janata Party
He won several awards in national level debates in Literature and participated in literary and socio- cultural activities.
|This article about a Bharatiya Janata Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Madhya Pradesh politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|