28 September 1948 |
Krovopuskov began fencing at age 13 at the Children and Youth Sport School in Moscow, his first trainer being Igor Chernyshev. In 1967 he joined the Armed Forces sports society in Moscow. He was a member of the USSR National Team between 1973 and 1986. At the 1976 Olympics he won gold medals in both the individual and team sabre events. He repeated his performance at the 1980 Summer Olympics, where he again won gold medals in both events.
Krovopuskov was world champion in individual sabre twice (1978 and 1982), and team sabre five times (1974, 1975, 1979, 1983, and 1985). He also won the World Cup in sabre twice (1976 and 1979). In 1979 he was named the Best Sabre Fencer of the World by the International Fencing Federation.
- (Russian) Profile at the Russian Fencing Federation Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- V. L. Golubev (1981). Viktor Krovopuckov. Heroes of the Olympic Games (in Russian). Moscow: Fizkultura i sport.
- "Olympics Statistics: Viktor Krovopuskov". databaseolympics.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Viktor Krovopuskov Olympic Results". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Boris Khavin (1979). All about Olympic Games. (in Russian) (2nd ed.). Moscow: Fizkultura i sport. p. 556.
- (Russian) Biography and photo