|Full name||Viktor Davidovich Kupreichik
Viktar Davydavič Kuprejčyk
|Country||Soviet Union→ Belarus|
3 July 1949|
Minsk, Belarusian SSR
|Died||May 22, 2017(aged 67)|
|Peak rating||2580 (July 1981)|
Viktor Davidovich Kupreichik (Russian: Ви́ктор Давыдо́вич Купре́йчик, Belarusian: Віктар Давыдавіч Купрэйчык, Viktar Davydavič Kuprejčyk; 3 July 1949 – 22 May 2017) was a Belarusian chess grandmaster.
In 1980, he was awarded the Grandmaster title.
He also placed first at Wijk aan Zee (Masters' tournament) 1977, Kirovakan 1978 (jointly), Reykjavík 1980, Plovdiv 1980, Medina del Campo 1980, and Hastings International Chess Congress in 1981/82. In 2002 Kupreichik won the Group B of the first edition of the Aeroflot Open. In 2010, he won the European Seniors’ Rapid Championship.
A player of real fighting chess, he would often lead tournaments in the early stages and then run out of stamina and lose heavily in the last few rounds; for example, at each of the Soviet Championships of 1979 and 1980, he won 5 consecutive games, but only finished 6th on both occasions.
He died on May 22, 2017.
- Kupreichik, Viktor D. FIDE rating history, 1971-2001 at OlimpBase.org
- 15th World Student Team Chess Championship: Ybbs 1968 – Individual Medals OlimpBase
- Litmanowicz, Władysław & Giżycki, Jerzy (1986, 1987). Szachy od A do Z. Wydawnictwo Sport i Turystyka Warszawa. ISBN 83-217-2481-7 (1. A-M), ISBN 83-217-2745-X (2. N-Z)
- Byrne, Robert (16 March 1982). "Chess Kupreichik of Soviet Union Finishes First in Hastings". The New York Times.
- Tournament report April 2002. Aeroflot Open Group B. FIDE.
- "GM Viktor Kupreichik Wins European Seniors' Individual Rapid Championship". Chessdom. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
- The Soviet Championships, Cafferty & Taimanov, Cadogan (1998) - pages 183, 186
- "Anastasia Sorokina: Maybe it`s a right time to start my chess player career again". FIDE Women's World Rapid and Blitz Championships 2014. FIDE. 2014-04-24. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- Памёр Віктар Купрэйчык — шахматыст, які галасаваў супраць абраньня Лукашэнкі ў НАК (Belarusian)
- Kupreichik, Viktor D rating card at FIDE
- Viktor D Kupreichik chess games at 365Chess.com
- Viktor Kupreichik player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to a Belarusian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|