This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Viktor Petrovich Savinykh/Виктор Петрович Савиных
|Nationality||Soviet / Russian|
|Awards||Hero of the Soviet Union (twice)|
Time in space
|196d 16h 59m|
|Selection||1978 Intercosmos Group|
|Missions||Soyuz T-4, Soyuz T-13, Mir EP-2 (Soyuz TM-5 / Soyuz TM-4)|
Viktor Petrovich Savinykh was born in Berezkiny, Kirov Oblast, Russian SFSR on March 7, 1940. Married with one child. Selected as a cosmonaut on December 1, 1978. Retired on February 9, 1989.
Has spent 252 days 17 hours 38 minutes in space.
Honours and awards
- Twice Hero of the Soviet Union (May 26, 1981 and December 20, 1985)
- Pilot-Cosmonaut of the USSR
- Hero of the Mongolian People's Republic
- Hero of the People's Republic of Bulgaria
- Order For Merit to the Fatherland
- 2nd class (March 6, 2000) - for outstanding achievements in scientific research and a great contribution to the preparation of highly qualified personnel
- 3rd class (November 11, 1994) - a great service to the people associated with the development of Russian statehood, the achievements in labor, science, culture, arts, strengthening friendship and cooperation between peoples
- 4th class (December 12, 2010) - for services to education, science and a great contribution to the training of qualified specialists
- Order of Honour (November 2, 2004) - for services to the development of education and many years of diligent work
- Three Orders of Lenin
- Medal "For Merit in Space Exploration" (April 12, 2011) - for the great achievements in the field of research, development and utilization of outer space, many years of diligent work, public activities
- Jubilee Medal "300 Years of the Russian Navy"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow"
- State Prize of the Russian Federation for science and technology (June 18, 1996)
- State Prize of the USSR (1989)
- Order of Stara Planina (People's Republic of Bulgaria; June 9, 2003)
- Order of Georgi Dimitrov People's Republic of Bulgaria)
- Order of Sukhbaatar (Mongolian People's Republic)
- Order of Military Glory of the Syrian Arab Republic (UAR, 1987)
- Two of the Order of "Friendship" (ATS, 1999, 2000)
- Award of the President of the Russian Federation in the field of education for 2002 (October 5, 2003)
- Honored Master of Sports of the USSR (1981)
- Gold medal of the Tsiolkovsky Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1986) - for outstanding contribution to space exploration
In 2007, a monument at the Tsiolkovsky, Air and Space Museum, Kirov.
Honorary Citizen of the Kirov region.
In 2005, minor planet 6890, was named after Savinykh.