Viktor Ivanovich Trofimov (Russian: Виктор Иванович Трофимов}) (22 March 1938 – 01 October 2013) is a former Soviet international speedway rider who reached the final of the Speedway World Championship in 1972 and 1975. He also finished on the rostrum of the World Team Cup nine times between 1965 and 1976 but never won a gold medal, at the expense of 4 silver (1966, 1971, 1972, 1975) and 3 bronze (1967, 1969, 1973) medals. In the team championship of the USSR on a speedway 18 years played for the team, "Raduga" (Rovno), won 2 bronze medals. First race - April 30, 1960; retirement - October 15, 1995. He was born in Leningrad, Russian SFSR. In September 2011, a book was published about the sports career of Viktor Trofimov titled English "RADUGA" Viktor Trofimov.
World Final appearances
Individual World Championship
World Team Cup
- 1965 - Kempten (with Yuri Chekranov / Gennardy Kurilenko / Vladimir Sokolov / Igor Plechanov) - 4th - 7pts (0)
- 1966 - Wrocław, Olympic Stadium (with Igor Plechanov / Boris Samorodov / Farid Szajnurov) - 2nd - 25pts (6)
- 1967 - Malmö, Malmö Stadion (with Boris Samorodov / Gabdrahman Kadirov / Igor Plechanov / Farid Szajnurov) - 3rd= - 19pts (4)
- 1969 - Rybnik, Rybnik Municipal Stadium (with Gennady Kurilenko / Vladimir Smirnov / Valery Klementyev / Yury Dubinin) - 3rd - 23pts (0)
- 1971 - Wroclaw, Olympic Stadium (with Gregorij Khlynovski / Vladimir Gordeev / Vladimir Smirnov / Anatolij Kuzmin) - 2nd - 22pts - Reserve -
- 1972 - Olching, (with Anatolij Kuzmin / Gregorij Khlynovski / Viktor Kalmykov) - 2nd - 21 + 7 pts (5 + 1)
- 1973 - London, Wembley Stadium (with Valery Gordeev / Vladimir Paznikov / Gregorij Khlynovski / Aleksandr Pavlov) - 3rd - 20pts (2)
- 1975 - Norden, Motodrom Halbemond (with Valery Gordeev / Grigory Khlynovsky / Vladimir Gordeev) – 2nd – 29pts (8)
- 1976 - London, White City Stadium (with Valery Gordeev / Grigory Khlynovsky / Vladimir Gordeev / Vladimir Paznikov) - 4th - 11pts (0)
- Oakes, Peter; Mauger, Ivan OBE, MBE (1976). Who's Who of World Speedway. Studio Publications (Ipswich) Ltd. ISBN 0-904584-04-6.
- Bamford, R.; Shailes, G. (2004). A History of the World Speedway Championship. Tempus Publishing (Stroud). ISBN 0-7524-2402-5.
- English "RADUGA" Viktor Trofimov. Ovid (Rivne) Ltd. 2011. ISBN 978-966-8179-66-2.
|This biographical article relating to a Russian sportsperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to speedway is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|