|Directed by||Ramesh Subramaniam|
N. Thai Saravanan
A. Nandha Kumar
|Written by||Ramesh Subramaniam|
|Cinematography||E. Martin Joe|
Star Film Land
|Distributed by||Nallusamy Pictures|
|12 February 2016|
Vil Ambu (வில் அம்பு) (English: Arrow / Pointer) is a 2016 Indian Tamil-language action thriller film written and directed by Ramesh Subramaniam and presented by Suseenthiran. The film features Sri, Harish Kalyan, Samskruthy Shenoy, Srushti Dange and Chandini Tamilarasan in the leading roles, while Harish Uthaman plays a pivotal supporting role.
Vil Ambu is a journey of two characters and talks about how humans are responsible for each other's loss or gain. The story is about how the loss of one person becomes the gain of the other.
- Sri as Karthik
- Harish Kalyan as Arul
- Srushti Dange as Nithya
- Chandini Tamilarasan as Kanakavalli
- Samskruthy Shenoy as Poonkodi
- Nandakumar as Sekar, Poonkodi's father
- Nisha Krishnan as Kavya, Arul's sister
- Harish Uthaman as Siva
- Yogi Babu as Honest
- Ramachandran Durairaj as Logu
- Hello Kandasamy as Karthik's father
- Saivam Kala as Karthik's mother
- Rindhu Ravi as Arul's mother
- Five Star Kalyan as Balaguru
Following the success of Jeeva (2014), Suseenthiran announced that his next film revolve around events taking place in South Chennai. Suseenthiran subsequently announced that Harish Kalyan and Sri would be seen in the leading roles, while Harish Uthaman and Nandakumar would play the villains. Samskruthy Shenoy, who had previously been seen in Malayalam films, was signed on to play one of the three leading female roles. The other two roles were given to Srushti Dange and Chandini Tamilarasan, who would play a college student and a slum dweller, respectively. Navin, who composed music for Kalyana Samayal Saadham (2013), was chosen to compose the film's music, while Star Productions and Nallu Studios co-produce the venture. Despite reports which claimed Suseenthiran himself would direct it, he chose to only present it and newcomer Ramesh was signed as director.
The film began shoot in Coimbatore in early October 2014 with a working title of Nerukku Ner, while it has also previously been dubbed as Agni Natchathiram. Notably both titles are yesteryear films featuring dual lead characters, as like the roles of Sri and Harish Kalyan in the venture. In April 2015, the official title was revealed to be Vil Ambu, with actress Kajal Aggarwal launching the film's motion poster.
Music is composed by Navin.
|Soundtrack album by|
September 2015 (India)
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Ala Sachuputta Kannala"||Anirudh Ravichander||04:27|
|2.||"Kurum Padame"||G. V. Prakash Kumar||04:30|
|3.||"Neeyum Adi Naanum"||D. Imman, AV Pooja||04:04|
Rediff wrote "Director Ramesh may have failed to capitalise on an intelligent plot but Vil Ambu is an engaging thriller, well worth a watch." Behindwoods wrote "Director Ramesh Subramaniam has narrated an emotional story that doesn't lose the direction at any point. Also the only problem in the story is its transparency, it becomes a challenge for the storyteller to retain the connect developed with the audience in the first half."
- "'Vil Ambu', a film on how society influences commoners". The Indian Express. 7 April 2015.
- "Madras and Pandiya Nadu menace for Suseenthiran's next!".
- "Suseenthiran picks Vijays title for his next".
- "'Packing Punches in Acchamindri'". The New Indian Express.
- "'I Like Stepping out of my Comfort Zone'". The New Indian Express.
- Only Kollywood. "Harish Kalyan to star in Suseenthiran's next - Only Kollywood". Only Kollywood.
- "The title Nerukku Ner again ?".
- "Suseenthirans next to have Suriyas debut film connection".
- "Kajal Aggarwal Launches Vil Ambu Motion Poster". Silverscreen.in.