This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Mumbai North West (covers western part of the suburb) |
Mumbai North Central (covers eastern part of the suburb)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Andheri West (covers western part of the suburb) |
Vile Parle (covers eastern part of the suburb)
Vile Parle (IPA: [ˈʋile ˈpaɾle], also known as Parle, pronounced "Parla"), is a neighbourhood and also the name of the railway station in Western suburb of Mumbai.  Vile Parle has a significantly strong base of Marathi and Gujarati population. It serves as the location of the first Parle factory which ceased operations in year 2016. It houses Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport's Terminal 2.
Vile Parle is divided into two parts: Vile Parle (East) and Vile Parle (West) separated by the western railway line. The east-west boundaries of Vile Parle are from Juhu (West) to Sahar, Santacruz (East). The north boundary is Andheri and Santa Cruz (South). Vile Parle is also connected to JVPD scheme (Juhu Vile Parle Development scheme).
Vile Parle has now become a second major education center after Churchgate to Charni Road area. The establishment and growth of a huge educational complex are financed by the Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal and Parle Tilak Vidyalaya Association. Thus, at all hours of the day you see a constant flow of students into and out of Vile Parle.
One of the leading Indian confectionery and biscuit manufacturers, Parle Products was started in Vile Parle. There is still a factory in Vile Parle East and it is commonly known as Parle Biscuit Factory. In July 2016, Parle stopped operations at its Vile Parle manufacturing unit and will be replaced by its corporate office. Vile Parle also houses the Garware plastics factory.
Vile Parle is quite famous for its huge number of shops and vendors on the so called Market Road, which is always buzzing with activity.
- Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering
- Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering
- M L Dahanukar College
- Mithibai College
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics
- Sathaye College (Parle College)
- Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Management
- Jamnabai Narsee School
- Madhavrao Bhagwat High School
- M P Shah English High School
- Parle Tilak Vidyalaya English Medium School
- St. Joseph's Convent High School, Mumbai
- St. Xavier's High School, Vile Parle (W)
- Shree Chandulal Nanavati Vinay Mandir
- Shri Navinchandra Popatlal Kapadia (Thakkar) High School
- Shrimati Hiraben Manilal Nanavati English High School
- Utpal Shanghvi School
- Hinduhridayasamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Medical College and Dr.R.N.Cooper Hospital
- "Ville Parle Railway Station". Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- "Parle Factory". Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- "Contact Us Archived May 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine." Kingfisher Airlines. Retrieved on 25 August 2009. "Kingfisher Airlines Limited Kingfisher House Western Express Highway Vile Parle (E) Mumbai - 400099 India "
- ENS Economic Bureau. "Jet, Kingfisher trying to fly in formation." Indian Express. Tuesday 14 October 2008. Retrieved on 25 August 2009.
- "Kingfisher house, Gandhi relics up for sale?" Mid Day. 12 March 2012. Retrieved on 15 March 2012.