Villa Nova Atlético Clube
|Full name||Villa Nova Atlético Clube|
|Nickname(s)||Leão do Bonfim|
|Ground||Castor Cifuentes, Nova Lima, Brazil|
|League||Campeonato Brasileiro Série B|
Home stadium is the Castor Cifuentes, capacity 15,000. They play in red and white striped shirts, red shorts and red socks.
Villa Nova was founded on June 28, 1908, in Nova Lima, by English factory workers and miners of Mineração Morro Velho S.A.. Villa Nova was the first club of Minas Gerais to have players called up to the Brazilian national football team.
Villa Nova's stadium is Estádio Castor Cifuentes, built in 1989, with a maximum capacity of 15,000 people.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Below is the list of the supporters historical team:
Dick, Madeira, Luizinho, Anísio Canelão and Eberval; Lito, Vaduca and Foguete; Gil, Paulinho Cai-Cai and Escurinho. Coach: Brandãozinho.
- Campeonato Mineiro: 1932, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1951
- Campeonato Mineiro do Interior: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999.
- Taça Minas Gerais: 1977, 2006
- Torneio de Incentivo: 1976, 1987
- Campeonato Brasileiro Second Division: 1971
- Campeonato Mineiro Second Level: 1995
- Copa Centro Sul do Brasil: 1968
- Copa Centro de Minas Gerais: 1974
The club's mascot is a lion.