Villa Verde, Texas
Villa Verde, Texas
|Country||United States of America|
|• Total||0.4 sq mi (1.0 km2)|
|• Land||0.4 sq mi (1.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||75 ft (23 m)|
|• Density||2,200/sq mi (870/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1852779|
Villa Verde is a census-designated place (CDP) in Hidalgo County, Texas. The population was 874 at the 2010 United States Census. It is part of the McAllen–Edinburg–Mission Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Villa Verde is located at (26.132701, -97.996785).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 891 people, 216 households, and 200 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,367.8 people per square mile (905.3/km²). There were 228 housing units at an average density of 605.9/sq mi (231.7/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 64.20% White, 0.45% African American, 31.54% from other races, and 3.82% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 96.63% of the population.
There were 216 households out of which 53.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 73.1% were married couples living together, 14.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 7.4% were non-families. 6.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 4.13 and the average family size was 4.30.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 37.6% under the age of 18, 11.6% from 18 to 24, 27.6% from 25 to 44, 18.0% from 45 to 64, and 5.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 26 years. For every 100 females, there were 96.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $22,768, and the median income for a family was $22,857. Males had a median income of $14,932 versus $14,107 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $5,659. About 36.3% of families and 34.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 47.5% of those under age 18 and 13.5% of those age 65 or over.
In addition, South Texas Independent School District operates magnet schools that serve the community.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Hidalgo County, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on July 9, 2017.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Villa Verde CDP, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on July 11, 2017.
- "Elementary School Attendance Zones[permanent dead link]." Weslaco Independent School District. Retrieved on July 11, 2017.
- "Middle School Attendance Zones[permanent dead link]." Weslaco Independent School District. Retrieved on July 11, 2017. Persons using Mozilla Firefox to directly view this file may encounter problems
- "High School Attendance Zones[permanent dead link]." Weslaco Independent School District. Retrieved on July 11, 2017. Persons using Mozilla Firefox to directly view this file may encounter problems