|Municipality of Villaba|
Map of Leyte with Villaba highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||3rd district of Leyte|
|Barangays||35 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Jorge V. Veloso|
|• Vice Mayor||Dennis L. Sy|
|• Congressman||Vicente Sofronio E. Veloso III|
|• Electorate||28,326 voters (2016)|
|• Total||150.31 km2 (58.04 sq mi)|
|• Density||280/km2 (720/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)53|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||105.5 million (2016)|
Villaba, Leyte was discovered by Boholano traders. These traders landed on the Western Coast and found fertile plants, since then, they built their houses along the river and forest and eventually progressed. Along the river, grow in abundance luxuriant trees called “HINDANG”. Hence the settlers called the river “HAMINDANGON”.
- Fatima (Poblacion)
- New Balanac
- Poblacion Norte
- Poblacion Sur
- San Francisco
- San Vicente
- Santa Cruz
Villaba has a variety of educational institutions both public and private.
- A. Tumamak Elementary School
- Abijao Elementary School
- Balite Elementary School
- Bugabuga Elementary School
- Cabungahan Elementary School
- Cagnocot Elementary School
- Cahigan Elementary School
- Calbugos Elementary School
- Campurog E.S.
- Canquiason Elementary School
- Capiñahan Elementary School
- Fisherman's Village Elementary School
- Hibulangan Elementary School
- Hinabuyan CS
- Iligay Elementary School
- Jalas Elementary School
- Jordan Elementary School
- Libagong Elementary School
- New Balanac Elementary School
- Payao Elementary School
- Sambulawan Elementary School
- San Francisco Elementary School
- Silad Elementary School
- Sta. Cruz Elementary School
- Sulpa Elementary School
- Tabunoc Elementary School
- Tagbubunga Elementary School
- Tinghub Elementary School
- Villaba South CS
- Cahigan National High School
- Holy Child High School
- Villaba National Comprehensive High School
- Villaba NHS (LNCAST)
- Villaba Vocational High School
- Visayas State University - Villaba Campus
|Population census of Villaba|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority |
In the 2015 census, the population of Villaba was 41,891 people, with a density of 280 inhabitants per square kilometre or 730 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- . Tourism In The Philippines http://www.tourisminthephilippines.com/city/Tacloban/buga-buga-hills/about-villaba-town.html. Retrieved November 13, 2018. Missing or empty
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Leyte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|