This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||medical logistics, developing world health|
United States IRS exemption status: 501(c)(3)
|Mozambique , Malawi (primary), also operations in Benin, Democratic Republic of Congo. Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia|
VillageReach is a registered 501(c)(3) working in the area of health care access in remote rural areas in developing countries. It is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, in the United States, with countries offices in Mozambique and Malawi, Africa.
VillageReach was founded in 2000 by Blaise Judja-Sato in Seattle, Washington, who got the idea while coordinating relief for flood victims in Mozambique. It began its activities in Mozambique in 2001.
VillageReach funding comes from a combination of government and multi-lateral funders. Funders include USAID, UNICEF, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Skoll Foundation, the Mulago Foundation, Vitol Foundation and others.
VillageReach and VillageReach employees have been recognized with several awards:
- VillageReach President Allen Wilcox was one of the 2014 Schwab Social Entrepreneurs of the Year.
- Margarida Matsihne was awarded the 2013 Gates Foundation Vaccine Innovation Award for her contributions to vaccine delivery in Mozambique.
- Allen Wilcox was awarded Microsoft Integral Fellow Award in 2012.
- VillageReach was a 2009 Tech Awards Laureate for health.
- VillageReach was a recipient of the 2006 Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship.
- "Where We Work: Overview". VillageReach. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- About VillageReach on the VillageReach website
- PricewaterhouseCoopers. "PwC Awarded USAID Contract to Support Advancements in Global Health". Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- Reingand, US patent expert Nadya (2016-05-06). "US Patent services – USPTO and PCT patent services on all types of patents". US PATENT EXPERT. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "OPP30874". Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "VillageReach". Skoll Foundation. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "VillageReach". Mulago Foundation.
- "Supporters". VillageReach. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "The Social Entrepreneurs of the Year 2014 | Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship". www.schwabfound.org. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- Reports, Vaccine News. "Gates Foundation announces 2013 vaccination innovation award winner". vaccinenewsdaily.com. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "Allen Wilcox, President of VillageReach, wins Microsoft Integral Fellows Award". www.wghalliance.org. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "Past Laureates". The Tech. 2015-09-01. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
-