Villains in Power Rangers Turbo
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Series||Power Rangers: Turbo
Power Rangers In Space
|First appearance||Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie (Power Rangers: Turbo)|
|Last appearance||Countdown to Destruction (Power Rangers In Space)|
|Status||Purified by Zordon's Energy Wave|
|Portrayed by||Carol Hoyt (ep. 1-25)
Hilary Shepard Turner (Movie, ep. 26-45, In Space)
Divatox is an intergalactic space pirate who leads a large number of cutthroats in her evil conquests throughout the universe. From her base, the gigantic fish-shaped submarine known as the Subcraft, Divatox and her minions travel about the universe plundering riches to satisfy Divatox's greed.
She is the daughter of Mama D, aunt of Elgar, and sister of General Havoc. It is also implied that she is the twin sister of Dimitria. She apparently had at least one other sibling, as Elgar referred to Havoc as his uncle. She is an acquaintance of Rita Repulsa, too; once she even talked to her over the phone. She wears contact lenses, and can fire blasts of energy from her eyes. She also has a long sticky tongue just like a chameleon. she used her tongue to eat a fly in the power rangers turbo movie.
Divatox enjoys spending a great amount of time talking to herself of her own beauty and teasing her minions such as Elgar by giving him the opportunity to kiss her hand as a reward but teases him by pulling it away.
Divatox cares about only two things in life: her own greed and her own power. She is extremely vain and cruel to even her own subjects, especially Elgar. Divatox has a short temper and hates to lose. She has a sharp extendable claw on her arm which she can use to cut through thick objects with great ease. She loves explosives and often relies upon bombs (referred to as "detonators") more than her monsters (evident only in the first half of Turbo with the original Rangers). In the second half of Turbo, Divatox tends to rely more on Porto building evil Megazords for her to use against the Power Rangers.
Divatox decided to take a break from piracy and journeyed to the planet Liaria to capture the wizard Lerigot in order to journey to the ancient lost island of Muiranthias. After capturing Lerigot, Divatox used his magic to allow her submarine safe passage through the Nemesis Triangle and on to Muiranthias. Once on Muiranthias, Divatox attempted to awaken the ancient god of the Malachians, Maligore, in order to marry him and gain his powers. To do this, Divatox travelled to Maligore's lair and offered him as sacrifices former Power Rangers Kimberly and Jason. Divatox then gained control of these two and got them to do her evil deeds. The Turbo Rangers destroyed Maligore, infuriating Divatox, who decided to journey to Earth for vengeance.
The Turbo Rangers repelled invasions by Divatox's troops again and again, switching mentors and four Rangers in the process. Eventually, though, Divatox came closer to conquering Earth than any villain before her, standing in triumph over the ruins of the Power Chamber. However, in her moment of triumph, she was recalled to the Cimmerian Planet by Dark Specter, forcing her to abandon her conquests. She is the first villain and first female villain to defeat an incarnation of the Power Rangers.
In Power Rangers in Space, she later joined Dark Specter's alliance of villains and was part of the invasion force that conquered most of the universe when she fought the Alien Rangers on Gratha. Divatox expresses jealousy and resentment towards Astronema's taking over of the responsibility of destroying the Space Rangers while she and her forces were selected by Dark Specter to constantly move Zordon about from world to world to prevent any of the various Rangers from finding him. Divatox was trying to run away from Zordon's energy wave, she was hit by it and turned good and was last seen with long, flowing dark brown hair, and wearing a white dress identical to Dimitria's. She joyfully commented on how gorgeous she looked and how she survived. Both her brother, General Havoc, and nephew, Elgar, were killed by Zordon's energy wave.
Divatox was portrayed by Hilary Shepard Turner in Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie, who was subsequently replaced by Carol Hoyt during the first half of the television series while she was on maternity leave. During the second half of the season, Turner returned to the role. She is also one of the few female leaders who had an action figure made after her. The change in actresses between the film and the show also brought about a change in costume and personality. Divatox's costume in the film was much more revealing and exposed a lot of cleavage, while her costume in the show was a little more covered up. Hoyt's Divatox was more calculating and evil while Turner portrayed Divatox as more of a hysterical diva.
Elgar was the dimwitted nephew of space pirate Divatox and General Havoc, and the grandson of Mama D. Elgar's parents were never revealed, but the existence of a fourth unnamed sibling is paramount due to the fact he is the nephew of Divatox, her brother, and presumably Dimitria, although he seems to be a creature of a species different from the rest of his family. He assisted Divatox in her fight against the Turbo Rangers in any way he could. He was later reassigned by Dark Specter to serve Astronema (to her chagrin, as she didn't want him around) in battling the Space Rangers. Months later, when Dark Specter initiated the takeover of the universe, Elgar was destroyed, reduced to a pile of sand, by Zordon's energy wave.
Elgar was armed with the Card Sword, named as such due to the blade looking like a row of playing cards. Elgar could fire blasts of energy from the sword, as well as teleport. While under Divatox's employ, Elgar piloted the Terrorzord, though it ended up being transformed into a camel by one of Porto's monsters.
Elgar was one of the two characters whose image changed from American footage to Carranger footage. The American footage showed his face as goofy, but in Carranger, Zelmoda was taller, his head was longer, he had markings down the side of his face, wore long gold earrings, and his eyes were made different, giving him a much meaner look.
Elgar was played by Danny Wayne Stallcup, who was credited as Kenny Graceson for the second half of the season. He was voiced by Derek Stephen Prince, but credited as David Umansky.
Rygog is the mutant servant of Divatox. he serves as her loyal warrior, able to fire lasers from his eyes. However, due to the design of his armor, he can be defeated if he is toppled. Rygog also served as the pilot of the Lion Divazord. He may have been destroyed by Zordon's energy wave in Countdown to Destruction when Divatox was on Gratha fighting the Alien Rangers.
According to the episode Fire In Your Tank, Rygog is apparently left-handed. As shown in Rally Ranger, Rygog sleeps upside down like a bat.
Like Elgar, Rygog too had his image changed between American footage and Carranger footage. In the Sentai footage, Gynamo had a more menacing face, though it seemed to be made on a cheaper budget.
Maligore, known as The Great Flame of Destruction, was an ancient, lava-like demon entombed on the Island of Muranthias thousands of years ago by the ancestors of the alien wizard Lerigot. Divatox wanted to resurrect Maligore, then wed him so they could control the universe together. Divatox sacrificed Kimberly Hart and Jason Lee Scott to Maligore's pit of flames, Kimberly and Jason were both returned as evil beings. but when Lerigot freed them from the evil, an enraged Maligore awakened and rose from the lava. After pummelling the Turbo Rangers, he became enormous and battled their Turbo Megazord. Though he was clearly the stronger combatant, the Megazord managed to knock the demon off a cliff and into the sea, slaying Maligore and ruining Divatox's plan.
Porto is an alien resembling a life raft with portholes in it that has limbs, with one showing his goggle-wearing face. Porto is Divatox's top advisor, a Finster-esque character for the Turbo series; he is often the one ordered to "fire the torpedoes" to enlarge the monsters. Despite some successes, he sometimes messes up, including his piloting of the Shark Divazord. At one point, Porto got tired of Divatox never appreciating his hard work (he wanted to use new ideas to attack the Rangers, while Divatox was still in her detonator-obsessed phase) and went AWOL from the group; he took a torpedo with him and used it to become giant to destroy Angel Grove. However, Divatox regressed him back to normal size, and reminded him of his place. He was not seen in Countdown to Destruction.
Porto is the only member of Divatox's crew to not appear in the movie; most likely he remained at her base on their homeworld.
Porto is voiced by Scott Page-Pagter.
Mama D is a space pirate who is the mother of Divatox, General Havoc, and an unidentified fourth child (the unnamed parent of Elgar), and is grandmother of Elgar. She, in a holographic transmission, considered Divatox the worst of their clan during Divatox's sleep. When asked for motherly advice from Divatox in her sleep, Mama D told her that the Power Rangers would fall if Divatox could "remove the leader" (in this case, Tommy). When Divatox's Piranhatrons captured Tommy, Divatox had him hanging from the ceiling as Mama D arrived and suggested she torture Tommy with the Vortex of Eternal Doom and Sorrow (to which she had banished the patriarch of the pirate clan), and threaten to drop him inside it. However, T.J. Johnson rescued Tommy while the others fought and defeated Flamite. While in her bed later that night, Divatox is told by Mama D that Tommy survived and that Divatox always messes up in her family of Space Pirates.
As Mama D and Dimitria seem to be creatures of the same species, it is supposed they are mother and daughter.
General Havoc is the brother of the space pirate Divatox, and an unnamed third sibling(possibly Dimitria, who is on the side of good), as well as the uncle of Elgar. He showed up with his Space Base he had been constructing for her after a long period of time (Divatox somewhat wittingly comments it was "about 100 years"). Havoc proved far more competent in his battles with the Rangers than Divatox, not only by defeating the Rangers with his Metallasaurus, but also by stealing the Turbo Megazord and abducting the Phantom Ranger.
After his Metallasaurus was destroyed for the second time, he departed to build a new one. He appeared later in Power Rangers in Space when Dark Specter's alliance launched a galactic scale attack. He participated in the Machine Empire's attack on the Phantom Ranger's home world and was destroyed by Zordon's energy wave in the final episode, Countdown to Destruction.
The Piranhatrons are Divatox's armored piranha-like foot soldiers. In the movie, they are visibly humanoids wearing armor, while in the TV series, they are completely covered in armor with a fish-like mask covering their faces. They ride motorcycles and like the Tenga have a theme song "You're Gone, Piranhatrons."
In "Countdown to Destruction," the Piranhatrons were with Divatox during her fight with the Aquitar Rangers on Gratha. They were destroyed by Zordon's Energy Wave.
In the Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy episode "Protect the Quasar Saber," two Piranhatrons were present at the auction for the Pink Quasar Saber at the Onyx Tavern.
The Putra Pods are Divatox's Stegosaurus-like soldiers.
The Chromites are General Havoc's foot soldiers. They are said to not breathe and feel no pain, and they are thought to be stronger than Piranhatrons.
The monsters of this series were used by Divatox. They were adapted from the monsters seen in Gekisou Sentai Carranger. To make a monster grow, Divatox would give orders to launch special torpedoes at the monster. These torpedoes when hitting the monster upon impact would make them grow. Footage from Carranger was also used to show monster growth. The monster who was growing would gain a red face and breathe smoke/steam before the monster would actually grow.
- Amphibitor (voiced by Bob Papenbrook) - A frog-like monster sent by Divatox to activate the wormhole closing device to stop Zordon. Amphibitor seemed to have a large appetite and wanted to eat the Turbo Rangers. In battle, he wielded a giant knife and fork. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Shadow Chromite (voiced by Ken Merckx) - A version of Chromite that was mostly refracted light. It used its ability to siphon the Rangers' powers and create Shadow Rangers. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord when it blocks out the sun.
- Visceron Monster (voiced by David Walsh) - A monstrous version of Visceron.
- Demon Racers (voiced by Tom Fahn) - Two super-quick racing monsters used by Divatox. The first one was destroyed by the Green Ranger. The second was destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Big Burpa (voiced by Brianne Siddall) - A bicycling burping monster used by Divatox. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Mouthpiece (voiced by Ezra Weisz) - A lie-telling monster used by Divatox. He was to make his victims lie uncontrollably and for each lie told, a Pirahnatron would appear. The trick to breaking his spell is to tell a lie that is also the truth. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Pharaoh (voiced by John C. Hyke) - An ancient Pharaoh-based villain who was the former fiancé to Divatox. His staff was capable of turning normal English-language writing into hieroglyphics; he was powerless without it. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Numbor (voiced by Ezra Weisz) - Numbor is a number-altering monster used by Divatox. He is able to add and subtract weight on anything he wants. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Blazinator (voiced by Richard Epcar) - An ordinary fire truck that was turned into a monster by a detonator.
- Terror Tooth (voiced by Eddie Frierson) - A spiked monster used by Divatox. Destroyed by Robo Racer.
- Electrovolt (voiced by Tom Wyner) - An electrical monster used by Divatox. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord and Robo Racer.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Griller (voiced by Peter Greenwood) - A musical monster used by Divatox. He used his musical power to make object float and fly towards his targets. Destroyed by the Blue Senturion and Red Turbo Ranger.
- Shrinkasect (voiced by Michael Sorich) - A fly monster used by Divatox. It can shrink things, and people shrunk by its power gradually turn into insects. Destroyed by Robo Racer.
- Flamite (voiced by Derek Stephen Prince) - A flame monster used by Divatox. He can breathe fire from his mouth. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Delisha Ennivel - Delisha Ennivel is a fashion designer monster who created jackets to place on Earthlings making them insanely angry. She did this while in the form of a fashion designer. Destroyed by Robo Racer and Turbo Megazord.
- Dreadfeather (voiced by Steve Kramer) - A bird monster used by Divatox. Destroyed by Lightning Cruiser and Storm Blaster.
- Mad Mike (voiced by Ezra Weisz) - A pizza chef monster created by Porto when he touched a picture on Mad Mike's drawing bringing it to life. Destroyed by Robo Racer and Turbo Megazord.
- Translucitor (voiced by Ken Merckx) - A monster used by Divatox. It can make things invisible, inaudible, and intangible. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Clockster (voiced by Richard Cansino) - A time-controlling clock monster used by Divatox to rewind time when the Rangers kept beating her. Clockster's idiocy nearly stopped time forever, when touched a freezing device Divatox was using to start a new Ice Age. Clockster could also blast ring-shaped lasers from his eyes. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Metal Mangler - A metal monster pulled to Earth from General Havoc's Space Base along with Divatox's laser cannon and presumably destroyed upon impact by the Rangers' super magnet. She is a recolored hybrid of Ohranger monster Karis (unused in Power Rangers Zeo) and Carranger Monster Ballinger Z (only seen in promotional pictures fighting the VRV Fighters AKA Rescue Zords in High-Stance Mode).
- Crosspatch (voiced by Glen McDougal) - A pirate monster used by Divatox. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord.
- Flashhead (voiced by Paul Pistore) - A film monster used by Divatox. He is able to change anything he flash his photo on into a movie strip. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord.
- Voltmeister (voiced by Michael Sorich) - An electrical monster used by Divatox. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord.
- Wicked Wisher (voiced by Tom Fahn) - A monster used by Divatox and acted as Divatox's errand boy. Wicked Wisher is a monster who was sent to create three wishing coins. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord.
- Wild Weeder - Wild Weeder is a gardener monster whose seeds of evil were used to turn civilians into slaves that wear bee-colored clothing called Diva-Drones for the purpose of seeking out the missing third wishing coin that the Wicked Wisher had originally summoned. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord.
- Mutant Bees - A swarm of mutant bees summoned by Wild Weeder. The last one is destroyed by Robo Racer.
- Torch Tiger (voiced by Bob Papenbrook) - Torch Tiger is a flame monster. After using the Rangers' stolen Booster Fuel to power his bike, Torch Tiger drank it which enabled his fire attacks to get stronger. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord.
- Maniac Mechanic (voiced by William Butler) - A mechanic monster used by Divatox to repair her perascope; she later employed him to build a Battle Wagon, by stealing parts from Aishly's car. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord.
- Lord Litter - A litter monster used by Divatox. Destroyed by 4 of the Rescuezords in High Stance Mode using the Artillery Cannons.
- Crash and the Creeps (voiced by Kirk Thornton) - Ranger-like musical monsters used by Divatox who initially took a human form and brainwashed people. Crash himself is destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Mr. Goorific - A monster used by Divatox whose goo can change people into animals and vice versa. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord.
- Strikeout (voiced by Michael McConnohie) - A baseball monster used by Divatox. Strikeout's most lethal attack is his curve ball. Destroyed by the Turbo Megazord.
- Count Nocturne (voiced by Tom Fahn) - A vampire bat monster created by Divatox when she wrapped her tongue around a passing lunar bat. His bites can turn anyone into vampires. Destroyed by the Rescue Turbo Megazord.
- Goldgoyle (voiced by Tom Wyner) - An immensely powerful monster. He was responsible for the destruction of both Megazords. Destroyed by the Turbo R.A.M.
- Thomas, Kevin (1997-03-28). "Power Rangers Encounter 'Turbo'-Charged Villainess". LA Times. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- Ellin, Harlene (1997-05-15). "Newest `Power Rangers' As Shoddy As Ever, But It Gives Kids What They Want". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- Leydon, Joe (1997-03-27). "Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie". Variety. Retrieved 2010-09-01.