|Parent company||Ballantine Books|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City, New York|
Villard, also known as Villard Books, is a publishing imprint of Random House, one of the largest publishing companies in the world. It was founded in 1983. Villard began as an independent imprint of Random House and is currently a sub-imprint of Ballantine Books, itself an imprint of Random House. It was named after a Stanford White brownstone mansion on Madison Avenue that was the home of Random House for twenty years.
- Kiss the Hand You Cannot Bite: Rise and Fall of the Ceauşescus, Edward Behr
- Let Me Take You Down: Inside the Mind of Mark David Chapman, the Man Who Shot John Lennon, Jack Jones
- The Official Politically Correct Dictionary and Handbook, Henry Beard and Christopher Cerf
- Different Loving: the World of Sexual Dominance and Submission, Gloria Brame
- Hate on Trial: The Case Against America's Most Dangerous Neo-Nazi, Morris Dees & Steve Fiffer
- The Fifties, David Halberstam
- Primal Fear, William Diehl
- Behind the Times: Inside the New New York Times, Edwin Diamond.
- Same-Sex Unions in Pre-Modern Europe, John Boswell
- Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received, Dannion Brinkley and Paul Perry, ISBN 0-679-43176-4
- Mary Cassatt: A Life, Nancy Mowll Mathews
- The Official NBA Basketball Encyclopedia
- Bone in the Throat, Anthony Bourdain
- The Grand Ole Opry: History of Country Music. 70 Years of the Songs, the Stars and the Stories, Paul Kingsbury
- Wonder Boys, Michael Chabon
- Gone Bamboo, Anthony Bourdain.
- Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster, Jon Krakauer
- Children of God, Mary Doria Russell
- The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip, written by George Saunders, illustrated by Lane Smith
- Anthropology: And a Hundred Other Stories, Dan Rhodes
- Necessary Targets, Eve Ensler
- Vagabonding: An uncommon guide to the art of long-term world travel, Rolf Potts
- A Round-Heeled Woman: My Late-Life Adventures in Sex and Romance, Jane Juska
- Counterculture Through the Ages: From Abraham to Acid House, Ken Goffman.
- Hack: How I Stopped Worrying About What to Do with My Life and Started Driving a Yellow Cab, written by Melissa Plaut
- Macedonia, written by Harvey Pekar and Heather Roberson, with illustrations by Ed Piskor
- Check the Technique: Liner Notes for Hip-Hop Junkies, Brian Coleman
- Nose Down, Eyes Up, Merrill Markoe
- The Big Skinny, Carol Lay
- How Can I Keep From Singing (revised edition), biography of Pete Seeger, by David Dunaway
- Farewell, My Subaru, Doug Fine
- I Am an Emotional Creature: The Secret Life of Girls Around the World, Eve Ensler
- Villard - publisher's website
- "About Us". Random House. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
-  Archived March 7, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "The Pickup Artist: The New and Improved Art of Seduction | Ryan Doherty Editor | Villard Books | Random House". Thepickupartistbook.com. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- "Noah benShea's The Journey to Greatness". Thejourneytogreatness.com. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- "AUTHOR, AUTHOR, AUTHOR : Bagels : Noah benShea writes about the person he aspires to be. In 'Jacob's Journey,' that man sets out to reconcile his route to reality". Los Angeles Times. October 17, 1991.
- http://www.classicbands.com/JackJonesInterview.html Interview with investigative reporter Jack Jones about Let Me Take You Down - Inside The Mind of Mark David Chapman
- $80,000 for Pastafarian Bible AngsumanNovember 14th, 2005 (2005-11-14). "$80,000 for Pastafarian Bible". Angsuman.taragana.net. Retrieved 2014-01-28.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
[[Category:2980 establishments in New York (state)]]
|This publishing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|