Villawood railway station
Eastbound view in November 2007
|Location||River Avenue, Villawood|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||24.50 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||8 October 1924|
|Passengers (2013)||760 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
To the south of the station lies the Southern Sydney Freight Line that opened in January 2013.
Platforms & services
Historically, Villawood was served by services from the city and Lidcombe operating to Liverpool. This changed in the early 2000s, when most services to Liverpool were altered to operate via Bankstown. Today Villawood is served by T3 Bankstown line services terminating at Liverpool.
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|
|2||services to Liverpool|
Transdev NSW operates three routes via Villawood station:
- 905: Fairfield station to Bankstown station
- 907: Parramatta station to Bankstown station
- S4: Fairfield to Chester Hill shopping service
Villawood station is served by one NightRide route:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- Villawood Station NSWrail.net
- Villawood Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Transdev NSW route 905". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 907". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route S4". Transport for NSW.
- "N50 Nightride". Transport for NSW.