The town hall of Villeneuve-Saint-Georges
Paris and inner ring departments
|Canton||Villeneuve-Saint-Georges and Choisy-le-Roi|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Sylvie Altman|
|Area1||8.75 km2 (3.38 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,500/km2 (9,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||94078 /94190|
|Elevation||30–93 m (98–305 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Villeneuve-Saint-Georges (French pronunciation: [vilnœːv sɛ̃ ʒɔʁʒ]) is a small commune in the southeastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 15.5 kilometres (9.6 miles) from the center of Paris.
The commune is served by multiple primary schools.
- Three junior high schools: Collège Pierre-Brossolette, Collège Jules-Ferry, Collège Roland-Garros
- One senior high school: Lycée François Arago
Villeneuve-Saint-Georges is twinned with:
- Thony Andenas, footballer
- Jeremy Cordoval, footballer
- Jacques Faty, footballer
- Ricardo Faty, footballer
- Yoan Gouffran, footballer
- Fabrice Kelban, footballer
- Geoffrey Lembet, footballer
- Samuel Pietre, footballer
- Gérard Pussey, writer
- Therry Racon, footballer
- MC Solaar, hip hop and rap artist
- Mickaël Tavares, footballer
- Patrick Pelloux, emergency physician
- Cecile Duflot, member of French National Assembly for Paris and Minister of Housing from 2012-2014
- Niska (rapper), hip hop and rap artist
- "Écoles maternelles et élémentaires." Villeneuve-Saint-Georges. Retrieved on September 11, 2016.
- "Enseignement secondaire & supérieur Les établissements." Villeneuve-Saint-Georges. Retrieved on September 11, 2016.
- Eastleigh Borough Council (2011). "Eastleigh Borough Council: Twin Towns". eastleigh.gov.uk. Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- "British towns twinned with French towns". Archant Community Media Ltd. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Villeneuve-Saint-Georges.|
- Official website (in French)
|This Val-de-Marne geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|