Vilnius University International Business School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
International Business School at Vilnius University or VU IBS (Lithuanian: Vilniaus universiteto Tarptautinio verslo mokykla) is a private university in Lithuania. VU IBS was established by Vilnius University, but now is an independent institution offering bachelor's, master's, and professional degrees in business, management and economics.
About VU IBS
IBS is the first business school in Lithuania which was founded in 1989 during Lithuania‘s turbulent struggle for independence. IBS was the first educational establishment to launch international business curriculum during the beginning of Lithuania’s transitional period. Having received the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) support in providing scholars from overseas, IBS rapidly moved forward and its active development gave rise to the emergence of Bachelor and Master Degree study programmes in 1996. 
The founder of IBS is Vilnius University. Vilnius University was founded in 1579 and functioned as the only school of higher learning in Lithuania for many years.
- 1989 − International Business School was established as a subdivision of Vilnius University. Departments of International Economic Relations and Management are founded.
- 1996 − studies for bachelor and master degrees commenced.
- 2000 − Independent Vilnius University International Business School was established.
- 2003 − status of public institution was confirmed (was registered in juridical entities' register in 2004).
- 2004 − International Business School moved to a new building.
- International Business School at Vilnius. LinkedIn.com. Accessed April 1,, 2012.
- (Lithuanian) About IBS