|Vinai K. Thummalapally|
|United States Ambassador to Belize|
July 28, 2009 – August 12, 2013
|Preceded by||Robert J. Dieter|
|Succeeded by||Carlos R. Moreno|
|Born||1954 (age 62–63)|
|Alma mater||Nrupatunga high school|
Thummalapally is the son of T. Dharma Reddy, a retired scientist who worked for Andhra Pradesh Forensic Sciences Laboratory, and T. Padmaja.
Prior to his appointment as Ambassador Thummalapally was CEO of MAM-A Inc (formerly known as Mitsui Advanced Media). He has two patents in optical disc manufacturing design. Thummalapally has a B.S. degree from California State University and took graduate classes in business administration from both CSU and the University of Tennessee.
- Noel Brinkerhoff (August 10, 2009). "Ambassador to Belize: Who is Vinai Thummalapally?". AllGov.com. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- http://www.amritt.com/india-business-guide/barack-obama-vinai-thummalapally-india/ Vinai and “”Barry” as Obama was known would often get together with other college friends watching basketball games, discussing foreign politics and eating South Indian food cooked by Thummalapally and a cousin. In the summer of 1980, the two friends became college roommates.
- U.S. State Department bio of Thummalapally
- U.S. Embassy Belmopan: Biography of the ambassador
- U.S. Department of State: Biography of Vinai K. Thummalapally
Robert J. Dieter
|United States Ambassador to Belize
July 30, 2009 – August 12, 2013
Carlos R. Moreno