International quality, Vinamilk quality
|Industry||Dairy products, juice|
|Headquarters||Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
|Vietnam, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, North America (Canada and the United States|
|Mai Kieu Lien - Chairwoman/CEO|
|Services||General clinic, investing, real estate|
|Revenue||40 trillion VND (2015) ($1.7 billion)|
|7.77 trillion VND (2015)|
Vinamilk is the largest dairy company in Vietnam. Based on the UNDP 2007 Top 200 largest firms in Vietnam report, it is also the 15th largest company in Vietnam. In 2010, it is the first company in Vietnam to be included in the Forbes Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion list that highlights 200 top-performing small- and mid-sized companies with annual revenue under US$1 billion.
The company was established in 1976 as the state-owned Southern Coffee-Dairy Company, to nationalize and take over the operations of three previously private dairy factories in South Vietnam: Thống Nhất (belonging to a Chinese company), Trường Thọ (formerly owned by Friesland Foods, best known for its production of condensed milk that was widely distributed across the South) and Dielac (Nestlé). It was renamed United Enterprises of Milk Coffee Cookies and Candies in 1978. It became the Vietnam Dairy Company, formally established in 1993. In 2003, following its IPO to the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange, the company legally changed its name to Vietnam Dairy Products Joint Stock Company (Vinamilk). The principal activities of the Vinamilk are to produce and distribute condensed milk, powdered milk, fresh milk, soya milk, yogurts, ice-cream, cheese, fruit juice, coffee and other products derived from milk.
Vinamilk products such as powdered milk and condensed milk are also exported to the Middle East, Cambodia, the Philippines and Australia. Exports accounted for $180m in 2012. Vinamilk's main competitors are Dutch Lady Vietnam (a division of Friesland Foods), Nestlé Vietnam, Abbott, Mead Johnson, Friso and Nutifood.
Vietnam's State Capital Investment Corporation (SCIC) holds 45.1% of the shares as of late 2012. 6% are owned by other Vietnamese investors, of which 0.3% are owned by CEO Mai Kieu Lien. Foreign investors hold just under 49% of the shares:
- F&N Dairy Investments (Singapore): 9.5%
- Deutsche Bank & DWS Fund (Germany): 6.1%
- Dragon Capital:5.2%
- Vinacapital: 2.4%
- Miraka (New Zealand): 2.2% (Vinamilk holds 19.3% of Miraka's shares)
- PXP Vietnam Emerging Equity Fund: 0.5%
- other foreign investors: 23.1%
F&N and Dragon Capital have been holding shares of Vinamilk for a long time and both have representatives in the Managing Board.
Factories & Subsidiaries
Vinamilk has factories in the following locations.
- Truong Tho Dairy Factory, Trường Thọ, Thủ Đức District, Ho Chi Minh City
- Dielac Dairy Factory, Bình An, Bien Hoa City, Đồng Nai
- Thong Nhat Dairy Factory, Trường Thọ, Thủ Đức District, Ho Chi Minh City
- Binh Dinh Dairy Factory, Qui Nhơn City, Bình Định Province
- Da Nang Dairy Factory
- Nghe An Dairy Factory, Nghi Thu, Cửa Lò, Nghệ An
- Sai Gon Dairy Factory, Hiệp Thành, District 12, Ho Chi Minh City
- Can Tho Dairy Factory, Trà Nóc, Bình Thủy District, Cần Thơ
- Tien Son Factory, Tiên Du, Bắc Ninh
Vinamilk has subsidiaries in the following locations.
- Vietnam Dairy Cow One-Member Co., Ltd., District 7, Ho Chi Minh City
- Lam Son Dairy One-Member Co. Ltd., Thanh Hoa City, Thanh Hoa Province
- Thong Nhat Thanh Hoa Dairy Cow Co.,Ltd., Yen Dinh District, Thanh Hoa Province
- Angkor Dairy Products Co., LTD, Phmon Penh, Cambodia
- Vinamilk Europe Sp.z O.O in Warsaw Poland
- Driftwood Dairy Holding Corporation, El monte, California, USA
- Vfresh (juice and soya milk)
- Owned in Mirika Limited
- Vinamilk Europe Sp.z O.O in Warsaw, Poland
- Owned in Driftwood Dairy Inc., (California)
- "Vinamilk revenue up 14% in 2015 on strong overseas business". Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion". Forbes. 2010-09-01. Retrieved 2010-09-07.
- "Vinamilk đạt 27.300 tỷ đồng doanh thu 2012". Gafin.vn. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Ai đang sở hữu Vinamilk?". Vietnam Economic Forum. 23 November 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Vinamilk". Wikibiz.
- "Vinamilk Subordinate Unit".