7 May 1989
|Years active||2014 - Present|
|Relatives||See Rajkumar family|
Vinay Rajkumar (born 7 May) is an Indian actor who works in Kannada cinema. The grandson of actor Rajkumar and son of film producer and former actor Raghavendra, he made his debut as a lead actor in 2014 with Siddhartha.
Vinay Rajkumar was born to actor and film producer Raghavendra and Mangala. He is the grandson of actor Rajkumar. He has a younger brother, Guru. The actors Shiva and Puneeth are his uncles. Vinay earned a bachelor's degree in Commerce from St. Joseph's College of Commerce, Bangalore.
Vinay's grandfather, Rajkumar first brought him on-screen at the age of five in the film Aakasmika (1993). Vinay followed this with appearances in Odahuttidavaru (1994), his father's film's Anuragada Alegalu (1993) and Navibbaru Namagibbaru (1993), and uncle Shiva's Om (1995) and Hrudaya Hrudaya (1999).
Vinay studied and trained as an actor in "acting workshops with a couple of people" before "training... in theatre". He subsequently trained in dance and martial arts from trainers of uncles' films. In an interview with The Times of India in 2012, he said he was "involved with the filming of [uncle Puneeth's film] Yaare Koogadali", having already worked in the filming of the latter's previous film Anna Bond (2012).
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|1999||Hrudaya Hrudaya||Credited as Vinay Raghavendra|
|2015||Siddhartha||Siddhartha||Won - SIIMA Award for Best Debut Actor|
|2018||Ananthu Vs Nusrath||Anantha Krishna Kramadharitthaya / Ananthu|
|2019||Gramayana||Sixth Sense Seena||Filming|||
|TBA||R The King||Delayed; Pre-production|
- "Happy birthday Vinay Rajkumar". The Times of India. 7 May 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Vinay Rajkumar kickstarted to become a star". Deccan Chronicle. 4 May 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "Rajkumar's grandson Vinay's first interview". The Times of India. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "Vinay Rajkumar: On the run". The Hindu. 5 April 2016. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Rajkumar's grandson to make his debut with 'Siddartha'". The Hindu. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- Desai, Dhwani (23 December 2014). "Puneeth is like a good buddy: Vinay Rajkumar". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "No pressure from my family: Vinay Rajkumar". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 2 March 2017. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Gramayana movie news".