Dr. Vinay P. Sahasrabuddhe
डा. विनय प्र. सहस्रबुद्धे
|MP of Rajya Sabha for Maharashtra|
|Assumed office |
5 July 2016
|Preceded by||Vijay J. Darda, INC|
|Born||10 November 1957|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Alma mater||University of Pune|
Vinay Prabhakar Sahasrabuddhe is an Indian politician & Member of Parliament of India representing state of Maharashtra in the Rajya Sabha. He is also serving as National Vice President of Bharatiya Janata Party. Mr. Sahasrabuddhe has been appointed as President of Indian Council for Cultural Relations by President of India. He is known as a political scholar and an occasional columnist. He is the Vice Chairman of Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini, a research and training academy for elected representatives & social activists. He heads BJP's think tank Public Policy Research Centre.
Vinay Sahasrabuddhe was born in a middle-class Maharashtrian family on November 10, 1957 in Nasik. He started his schooling in Dhule, a native place of Sahasrabuddhes and later at Trimbak Vidya Mandir near Nasik. While in 4th standard, he gave a competitive examination and got selected for Government Public School, Nashik(Shaskiya Vidya Niketan), a chain of schools for grooming talented students from rural areas. It is here where he developed leadership skills, and shined in several activities like public speaking, theatre, writing and journalism.
He started his career in public life with Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), a student's organization ideologically connected with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). He worked as a full-time activist of ABVP during 1983 to 1985. In 1988, Sahasrabuddhe joined Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini(RMP) as principal functionary. For over 18 years, he was a Member of Senate of the University of Mumbai. He is also a Member of the Board of Governors of Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration in Ahmedabad. In May 2002, he led the mission of Indian Voluntary Organisations to Afghanisthan.
He is a National Vice-President of BJP and behind the scene, he is considered as one of the key members of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)'s think tank. He is the Chief of BJP backed think tank Public Policy Research Centre(PPRC) which is based in Delhi. When Nitin Gadkari was appointed as president of BJP in the year 2009, Sahasrabuddhe served as Gadkari's political advisor. Within BJP, he initiated training of 125 ministers from BJP-ruled states in year 2010 was one among it. In March 2012, his name was in news as one of the contenders for the Rajya Sabha nomination from the BJP for a seat vacated by BJP veteran late Balavant Apte. He was the member of BJP's Vision Document Committee for the 2014 Indian general election. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe is also In-Charge of BJP, Madhya Pradesh. Currently, He is a Member of Parliament from Maharashtra in the Rajya Sabha.
He authored a book Beyond A Billion Ballots, which was first published on 27 June 2013 in Mumbai. The book also launched at New Delhi at the hands of Former Chief Election Commissioner of India Dr. SY Quraishi. He has been an occasional contributor to many English and Marathi language newspapers and weeklies. He has also authored few Books in Marathi language which includes Ekaki Purvanchal, a book on North-East states of India. In 1998, Sahasrabuddhe received the award for best literary work from the Government of Maharashtra for his co-edited work Nivadak Manoos, a book in Marathi language.
- Vinay, Sahasrabuddhe. "BJP's National Office Bearers".
- "President appoints BJP leader Vinay Sahasrabuddhe as Indian Council of Cultural Relations President". The New Indian Express. Dec 29, 2017.
- "Paper submitted to the conference 'Learning Democracy by Doing' at University of Toronto" (PDF).[dead link]
- "List of articles on NDTV". www.ndtv.com.
- "List of Managing Committee given on RMP website".
- Sahasrabuddhe, Vinay (9 June 2014). "Those Hard Thinking Caps Realigned". Outlook Magazine.
- Sahasrabuddhe, Vinay. "Board of Directors PPRC".
- "The rise and rise of ABVP's stars". The Economic Times. Apr 5, 2010.
- "Vinay Sahasrabuddhe's introduction on IBN LIVE website". IBN Live. Mar 24, 2009.
- "Minutes of the Meeting of Board of Governors" (PDF).
- "Kabul sends SOS for Indian professionals". Times of India. May 18, 2002.
- "As per the profile given on PPRC website".
- "Man who showed RSS modern ways is Gadkari's guide now". DNA. Feb 2, 2010.
- "Vinay Sahasrabuddhe's introduction given in Outlook Magazine's article". Outlook. Jan 25, 2010.
- "BJP launches its own think tank". The New Indian Express. Oct 22, 2013.
- "Parrikar, Sahasrabuddhe in Gadkari team". Indian Express. Dec 24, 2009.
- "BJP to send ministers to 'school for governance". The Economics Times. Nov 10, 2006.
- "Family's party ties, his Gadkari link helped Sancheti get RS ticket". Indian Express. Mar 21, 2012.
- "BJP's team for 2014 announced; several top party leaders to assist Modi". Dainik Jagran. July 20, 2013.
- Sahasrabuddhe, Vinay (15 July 2014). Beyond a Billion Ballots: Democratic Reforms for a Resurgent India. Wisdom Tree. ISBN 978-81-8328-322-9.
- "Shri Narendra Modi at the launch of book, "Beyond a Billion Ballots". FirstPost. Jul 30, 2012.
- "By the ballot". The Hindu. Oct 16, 2013.
- "Articles of Vinay Sahasrabuddhe in The Asian Age".
- "Think, feel, live like a woman. Article by Vinay Sahasrabuddhe". Deccan Herald. Jan 9, 2013.
- "Common ethos vs small identities. Article by Vinay Sahasrabuddhe". DNA. Sep 22, 2010.
- "At 60, Parliament must rejuvenate". The Pioneer. May 11, 2210. Check date values in:
- Listing on Google Books.
- "Printed word still influential: says Tendulkar". DNA. Feb 22, 1998.