|Born||Kuttanad, Alappuzha district, Kerala, India|
|Children||Vishnu Vinay, Nikhila|
He started his career with the film Super Star.
Vinayan has done films like Vasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njaanum, Karumadikkuttan (film), Oomappenninu Uriyadappayyan, Dada Sahib, Vellinakshatram, Aakasha Ganga, Rakshasa Rajavu, Kalyana Sougandhikam, Kasi (Tamil)Enn mana vaanil,Independence,sathyam,Albhthadweep,Athishayan,Dracula and Sipayi Lahala. He has made films in genres such as comedy, horror, action, fantasy and family drama.
Vinayan is also noted for introducing a handful of actors in the Malayalam film industry. Jayasurya, Indrajith Sukumaran, Anoop Menon, Honey Rose, Priyamani, Manikkuttan, Suresh Krishna, Meghana Raj, Lakshmi Menon etc. are some of the successful actors Vinayan has introduced in Malayalam.
In 2005, Vinayan created history by writing and directing the film Albhuthadweep (Wonder Island) which cast around 300 dwarfs for the first time in a film. The two-foot-high hero of the film, Ajayan, found a place in the Guinness Book of Records and Vinayan himself was listed in India's Limca Book of Records. The film was immensely successful, especially among children, besides garnering the FilmFare and the Cinema Express awards. The film was successfully remade in 2007 in the Tamil language by Vinayan himself.
Vinayan is the founder/president of the MACTA Federation. He has also launched a co-operative society (with the assistance of the Government of Kerala) for the benefit of film workers. Vinayan is also the Advisory Member of the Cine Workers Welfare Board, sponsored by the Government of India.
|2011||Raghuvinte Swantham Rasiya|
|2009||Naalai Namathey (Tamil)|
|Hareendran Oru Nishkalankan|
|2003||War and Love|
|Meerayude Dukhavum Muthuvinte Swapnavum|
|2002||En Mana Vaanil (Tamil)|
|Vasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njaanum|
|1993||Kanyakumariyil Oru Kavitha|
|Aayiram Chirakulla Moham|
- Iniyonnu Visramikkatte (Doordarshan)
- Omappenninu Uriyadapayyan
- Meerayude dhukavum muthuvinte swapnavum
- Boy friend
- Yakshiyum Njanum
- Raguvinte Swantham Rasia
- Dracula 2012 3D
- Aayiram Chirakulla Moham(story)
- Kanyakumariyil oru kavitha (story)
- Shipaay Lahala(story)
- Vaasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne njanum (story)
- Daadasaahib (story)
Rakshasa Rajavu (full script)
- kaasi (full script)
- Oomapenninu uruyadapayyan (story)
- kaattuchembakam (full script)
- En Mana Vaanil(full script)
- War&Love (story &co-script)
- Meerayude dhukavum muthuvinte swapnavum (full script)
Vellinakshathram (full script)
- Sathyam (full script)
- Albhuthadweep(full script)
- Boyfriend (story)
- Hareendran oru Nishkalankan (screenplay only)
- Athishayan(full script)
Black Cat (full script)
- Yakshiyum Njanum (full script)
- Raghvinte Swantham Rasia (full script)
Dracula (full script)
- Little superman(full script)
- Chaalkudikaaran changathi(story co-screenplay)
- My-Kerala.com: News
- "A thriller in the making". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2004-01-05.
- Arputha Theevu Preview, Synopsis - Tamil movie Arputha Theevu Preview, Synopsis
- MACTA | Film Institute | Cooperative Registrar | Vinayan | Co Operative Sector - Oneindia Entertainment
- "DRACULA - Vinayan To Scare Again"
- "Vinayan overtakes Rupesh Paul with another 'Dracula'"
- "Vinayan's 'Dracula' to start next month"
- "Vinayan with "Again Dracula"
- "Aayiram Chirakulla Moham - Mal Film". maebag.com. 2 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vinayan.|