|Occupation||Financial Trader, Author, Entrepreneur|
Stanzione first worked as a hairdresser in his family's business in Luton before becoming a currency trader in the 1980s. After losing his savings in the 1987 stock market crash, Stanzione started mail order sales of mobile phones. In 1999 The Observer reported that he was worth over £1 million.
He returned to trading in financial markets and had a financially successful strong run in commodities, making over £2 million from spread betting with firms such as IG Index. In 2003 he was running courses teaching people how to spread bet.
In 2004 he launched The Advert Channel which was the world's first television channel dedicated to television commercials. In 2005 the parent company floated on the UK Alternative Investment Market AIM as TV Commerce Holdings Plc (TVC). In 2006 regulators ruled that one of the channels owned by TVC had deliberately kept callers on premium-rate telephone numbers waiting longer than necessary. The company was fined by ICSTIS, the channel was forced to close, TVC's share price fell by over 50% as a result and TVC warned that it may no longer be viable. TV Commerce Holdings plc became a shell company known as Gemstones of Africa in 2009.
- Nic Fildes (25 November 2006). "Media regulators crack down on digital television channels". The Independent.
- "Yes it really could be you". London: The Observer. July 25, 1999. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- Insley, Jill (November 16, 2003). "Hi-tech messiah who wants to spread his betting secret". London: The Observer. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- Ives, Nat (July 26, 2004). "Commercial television in Britain means just that: a channel devoted to nothing but commercials". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- "Float of the Week TV Commerce". Investors Chronicle. January 2005. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- Robert Lea (24 November 2006). "Rip-off ruling rocks Sky TV firm". This is Money.
- "TV COMMERCE HOLDINGS PLC; RESULT OF EGM AND PROPOSED NAME CHANGE". January 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- Cowles, Gregory (June 16, 2013). "Best Sellers Books Paperback Business Books". New York: The New York Times -. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- "Best Sellers Books Paperback". New York: USA Today -. May 23, 2013. Retrieved 2014-03-26.