This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Gregory Stuart Lee White|
31 March 1960 |
|Associated acts||The Clash|
Gregory Stuart Lee White (born 31 March 1960, Marylebone, London, England) better known as Vince White, was one of the guitarists recruited by The Clash to replace Mick Jones after he was fired from the band in 1983.
White, along with Nick Sheppard, was one of the guitarists recruited by The Clash to replace Mick Jones when he left the band in 1983. He toured with the band, but only made a minimal appearance on the album Cut the Crap. The band finally split up in 1986.
Vince White has dedicated his whole life to music, specializing in all blues-based forms of music, rock, country. old-school to contemporary. Over the last several years he has shared the stage with many of his guitar-playing heroes, including BB King (3 times), Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter, Jimmie Vaughan, Robben Ford, Dick Dale, Lou Ann Barton, Pointer Sisters, Macy Gray, Berlin, The Motels, Ian Hunter, Robben Ford, Leon Russell, John Mayall, and many others.
In 2007, White wrote his account of the final tumultuous years of The Clash, titled Out of Control: The Last Days of The Clash published by Moving Target books. He is currently an artist living in Notting Hill, west London.
- "Vince White Biography". vincewhite.com. Retrieved 28 February 2008.
- Gilbert, Pat (2005) . Passion Is a Fashion: The Real Story of The Clash (4th ed.). London: Aurum Press. ISBN 1-84513-113-4. OCLC 61177239.
- Gray, Marcus (2005) . The Clash: Return of the Last Gang in Town (5th revised ed.). London: Helter Skelter. ISBN 1-905139-10-1. OCLC 60668626.
- Green, Johnny; Garry Barker (2003) . A Riot of Our Own: Night and Day with The Clash (3rd ed.). London: Orion. ISBN 0-7528-5843-2. OCLC 52990890.
- Gruen, Bob; Chris Salewicz (2004) . The Clash (3rd ed.). London: Omnibus. ISBN 1-903399-34-3. OCLC 69241279.
- Needs, Kris (2005-01-25). Joe Strummer and the Legend of the Clash. London: Plexus. ISBN 0-85965-348-X. OCLC 53155325.
- Topping, Keith (2004) . The Complete Clash (2nd ed.). Richmond: Reynolds & Hearn. ISBN 1-903111-70-6. OCLC 63129186.
|This article on a UK guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|