Vincent & Theo
|Vincent & Theo|
|Directed by||Robert Altman|
|Produced by||Robert Altman
|Written by||Julian Mitchell|
|Music by||Gabriel Yared|
|Edited by||Geraldine Peroni|
|November 2, 1990|
|197 minutes (BBC)
133 minutes (DVD)
Vincent & Theo is a 1990 biographical drama film directed by Robert Altman, starring Tim Roth and Paul Rhys. The movie is an exploration of the relationship between Vincent van Gogh and his art dealer brother, Theo.
Originally a four-hour mini-series for the BBC, Robert Altman and writer Julian Mitchell were able to pare it down to two and a half hours. The production saved money by hiring art students to reproduce Van Gogh's masterpieces.
- Tim Roth as Vincent Van Gogh
- Paul Rhys as Theo Van Gogh
- Kitty Courbois as Anna Van Gogh
- Johanna ter Steege as Jo Bonger
- Wladimir Yordanoff as Paul Gauguin
- Adrian Brine as Uncle Cent
- Hans Kesting as Andries Bonger
- Jean-Pierre Cassel as Paul Gachet
- Bernadette Giraud as Marguerite Gachet
- Anne Canovas as Marie
- Jean-Denis Monory as Émile Bernard
- Vincent Vallier as René Valadon
- Jean-François Perrier as Leon Boussod
- Jean-Pierre Castaldi as Father Tanguy
- Féodor Atkine as Dr. Peyron
Vincent & Theo received positive reviews from critics, as the film holds an 88% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 26 reviews.
Christian Faure was the assistant director of the movie.
- Vincent & Theo at the Internet Movie Database
- Vincent & Theo at Rotten Tomatoes
- Vincent & Theo at Box Office Mojo
|This article about a biographical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|