|Birth name||Vincent Mendoza Bueno|
|Also known as||Suitcase|
|Born||December 10, 1985|
|Instruments||singing, piano, drums, bass guitar, guitar|
On January 12, 2008, he became winner of the ORF programme, Musical! Die Show (Musical! The Show), an Austrian television musical contest. Vincent started dancing at the age of 4. Later, he sang and performed in the Sarah Geronimo concert in Vienna. On January 18, 2008, Bueno stated to media that he wanted to try his luck in Philippine showbiz, and he made his first performance on Philippine Television on ASAP XV on August 29, 2010. He also signed a contract under Star Records, an ABS-CBN Entertainment Group Company, to pursue his music career in the Philippines.
A graduate of music and performing arts at the Vienna Conservatory of Music, Bueno is also a composer of R&B music, having taken up special courses in acting, dancing and singing. At age 11, he managed to play 4 musical instruments - piano, guitar, drums and bass guitar. His father was a former vocalist and a 1970 local band lead guitarist.
"Musical! Die Show"
Vincent defeated Eva Klikovics and Gudrun Ihninger of 10 contestants / finalists, and earned the top prize of 50,000 EUR (3 million PHP) plus the "chance of a lifetime". He first performed "Grease Lightning" (from musical Grease), and then, "The Music of the Night" (from The Phantom of the Opera). Vincent got 67% of televotes (landslide victory) from televiewers in Austria and nearby countries. 2nd placer Austrian Eva Klikovics received 37% of televotes while Gudrun Ihninger was eliminated earlier, and salvaged third place. The television show is a reality-based talent contest which considers contestants’ theatrical and dancing skills or abilities, which in turn, are judged by televiewers' vote by phone or SMS.
The contest Musical! Die Show began on elimination round of November 23, 2007 with 10 contestants from 400 beginners who auditioned. Austria and other European televiewers rated / televoted the finalists. "Hair" was Vincent's first number, and he performed memorable songs - "I Wanna Be Like You" of Jungle Book, "Superstar" of Jesus Christ Superstar, "Why God Why?" of Miss Saigon, "Singin' in the Rain", and the German "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!" from Mary Poppins. "Musical - The Show", as project of Austrian broadcasting TV ORF, is not an ordinary singing competition like "Starmania" or "American Idol". Completely different, it involves theater arts, musical, and acting capability. Specifically, unlike Western and Asian talent show contests, Musical! Die Show, is comparatively more difficult and challenging due to its theater leanings. Aspirants would act and sing à la Broadway, and instead of merely singing pop tunes, they choose Broadway musical theater repertoire.
- "Miss Saigon" veterans (part of the original cast of the West End production of "Miss Saigon" in 1989)" Isay Alvarez and Robert Seña called Vincent Bueno, a phenomenon: "He's very good. Ibang klase siya. Pinanood ko siya nang todo. Impressed kami pareho ni Robert sa kanya. (He's a class of his own. I watched him closely. Robert and I are impressed with him). Vincent is a phenomenon. Marami siyang patataubin na singer lalo na sa Broadway musical singing. Kasi, bagay na bagay ang kanyang boses sa gano'ng genre. (He can upstage many local singers especially in Broadway musical singing because his voice fits the genre)."
Foray to the Philippines
His first performance on the Philippine television, ASAP XV, was on August 29, 2010, wherein he was first introduced as the "Pinoy Champ Austrian Singer". He had stayed in ASAP for some weeks. He had also signed a contract under Star Records. However he went back to Austria on September 14, 2010 to accomplish his pending tasks there. He then went back to the Philippines by early January 2011 to continue his music career.
Image and Artistry
Vincent's vocal range can be classified in the tenor range. His voice can be described as smooth, mellow, and sometimes mildly abrasive (see vocal belting). He often sings with a vibrato in his voice, and also incorporates beatboxing into many of his songs.
- German studio album
- 2008: Step by Step
- German single
- 2009: Sex Appeal
- English single
- 2011: Party Hard
- www.pep.ph/guide, Filipino singer Vincent-Bueno sweeps Europe off its feet in Musical!
- www.youtube.com, Vincent Bueno
- www.youtube.com, Vincent Bueno sings @ Sarah Geronimo's concert in Vienna
- PEP.ph Vincent Bueno is slated to do an album for Star Records
- services.inquirer.net, Filipino rocker hits global stage
- asianjournal.com,Austrian exposure
- showbizandstyle.inquirer.net, Vincent Bueno: Pinoy int’l star is born
- www.pressdisplay.com, Kandidaten stellen sich vor
- kleinezeitung.at, Kandidaten für "Musical! - Die Show" stehen fest
- www.vol.at/news, Zehn Musical-Star-Anwärter stehen fest
- GMA NEWS.TV, Filipino singer wins ‘Musical! The Show’ in Austria
- www.abs-cbnnews.com, Filipino is grand champion in Austria's 'Musical! Die Show'
- www.pep.ph/guide, Filipino-singer-Vincent-Bueno-sweeps-Europe-off-its-feet-in-Musical!
- musical.orf.at, Vincent Bueno, 21 Jahre, Wien
- www.goodnewspilipinas.com, Pinoy in Grand Finals of Austria's top talent show
- abs-cbnnews.com, 'Miss Saigon' veterans all praises to Filipino singing champion in Austria
- PEP.ph Vincent Bueno bridges the best of two worlds through his music