|Date of birth||16 August 1975|
|Place of birth||Vichy, France|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Born in Vichy, Gouttebarge played football in France between 1993 and 1997 for AJ Auxerre and FC Cournon-d'Auvergne before moving to the Netherlands. There he played for FC Volendam and FC Omniworld ( now Almere City FC ). Due to severe injuries, Gouttebarge played only 232 games as a professional footballer between 1993 and 2007. The Frenchman, also the holder of a Dutch passport, announced early in the 2006/2007 season that he would stop playing professional football at the end of the season in order to concentrate on his academic career. His last game was in 2007 in the away match against AGOVV.
During his professional career, Gouttebarge studied Sports Science at the University Blaise Pascal in Clermont - Ferrand, and graduated in 2000 with a degree in Exercise Physiology. From 2002, Gouttebarge studied next to his football career at the Academic Medical Center / Faculty of Medicine at the University of Amsterdam. Gouttebarge wrote a PhD thesis on clinimetrics and earned his PhD degree in late 2008. Gouttebarge now works as assistant professor at the Academic Medical Center of Amsterdam, and is also Chief Medical Officer at the World Players' Union FIFPro.
- "FIFPro, that's me - FIFPro World Player' Union". Fifpro.org. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Vincent Gouttebarge weken uit roulatie - Sport". Omroepflevoland.nl. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Voetbal International - Gouttebarge op proef bij Sparta". Vi.nl. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Gouttebarge stopt bij FC Omniworld". Voetbalzone.nl. 2006-11-17. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "V. Gouttebarge : Source". Dare.uva.nl. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Oud-prof onderzoekt versleten voetbalknieën - Sport". Omroepflevoland.nl. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "WK Brazilië: hitte als tegenstander - NOS Sport". Nos.nl. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Rode Duivels moeten extreme hitte vrezen op WK: "Er zijn gezondheidsrisico's"". Voetbal24.be. 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Dealing with concussion by John Brewin". Espn Fc. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Change head injury rules, urge unions - BBC Sport". M.bbc.co.uk. 2013-11-04. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Upside: Health and safety of players". USSoccerPlayers.com. 2014-02-05. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Research: Artificial turf versus natural grass - News". The PFA. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- Jack Ross (2013-11-13). "Concussion In Football". PFA Scotland. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "FIFPro World Player' Union". Fifpro.org. 2013-11-04. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "FIFPro, PFA Want Football Players Who Suffer Concussions To Be Removed From Game - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global". M.sportsbusinessdaily.com. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Mental and psychosocial state in professional football - Articles - Egyptian Professional Footballers Association Official WebSite". Epfaegypt.com. Retrieved 2014-02-28.