Vincent Harris (political strategist)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vincent Harris at the Harris Media offices.
|Alma mater||Baylor University |
University of Texas
|Occupation||CEO of Harris Media|
|Known for||Chief Digital Strategist for Senator Rand Paul, Campaign strategist for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Senator Mitch McConnell, Speaker Newt Gingrich|
Vincent Harris is an American conservative political strategist and the CEO of Harris Media, an online communications firm based in Austin, Texas.
Harris joined Mike Huckabee's 2008 Presidential campaign just a few months after it was announced, working as the campaign's official blogger. The following year, Harris served as Online Director for Bob McDonnell's successful gubernatorial campaign. McDonnell's online campaign, considered highly successful, was one of the first major Republican campaigns to embrace social media.
Harris was active in the 2012 Presidential campaign. He first served as the online strategist for Rick Perry. After Perry dropped out of the race and endorsed Newt Gingrich, Harris was hired to help the Gingrich campaign's online and social media operations. In 2012, National Journal named him one of ten Republicans to follow on Twitter.
Harris was hired by Senator Rand Paul's political operation, joining Senator Paul's 2016 team as the top digital strategist. Harris will sit at the "top of the leadership team" providing digital strategy expertise pertaining to data collection, website design and social media tactics, to name a few.
Harris's work with Paul was not without criticism. In October 2015, Harris was behind Paul live-streaming an entire day on the campaign trail. By the end of the day, Paul had enough and called it a "dumbass livestream." The comment from Paul brought about a flurry of negative attention to an already slumped campaign.
“I wish I knew [why the campaign was live-streaming an entire day]. I’ve been saying, I don’t want to do this, I don’t want to do this and now we’re doing this.”— Rand Paul, The Washington Post
In June 2016, POLITICO reported that Donald Trump's presidential campaign had hired Harris and his team to work for the campaign. Harris is currently attending the University of Texas working towards his PhD.
- Shane Goldmacher (28 June 2016). "Trump hires Rand Paul's former digital director". Politico. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Huckabee, Mike. Do the Right Thing. Sentinel HC, 2008, p. 195-196.
- Webb, Kane. "Arkansas underdog Mike Huckabee makes hay in Iowa," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Aug. 19, 2007.
- Finn, Mindy. McDonnell Online Strategy. Nov. 11, 2009.
- Hart, Kim. GOP leads media charge. Nov. 18, 2009.
- "Bob McDonnell's Impressive Online Campaign for Virginia Governor". epolitics.com.
- Young, Chris. "Campaigns master new media tools," Richmond Times Dispatch, Oct. 31, 2009.
- Delo, Cotton. Promoted Tweets Flourish in U.S. Election Build Up. December 20, 2011.
- "Promoted tweets flourish in U.S. election build up". www.marketingmag.ca.
- "Ten Republicans to follow on Twitter," by Adam Mazmanian, National Journal, August 27, 2012, Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Politico", News, Ted Cruz’s secret: Mastering social media, 2012.
- The Daily Dot, Mitch McConnell and the Republican meme machine, By Fidel Martinez, May 03, 2013
- Ashley, Killough. "First on CNN: Rand Paul hires Ted Cruz's digital guru". CNN Politics. CNN. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Brynes, Jesse (2015-02-05). "Top Rand Paul aide working on Bibi's reelection". The Hill.
- Kornbluh, Jacob. "Likud Campaign Hires GOP Digital Media Guru Vincent Harris". Jewish Political News & Updates.
- Feldman, Josh. "Rand Paul Complained About His 'Dumbass' Live Stream While It Was Going On". Mediaite. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Terris, Ben. "I experienced the irresistible torture of watching Rand Paul's campaign livestream". The Washington Post. The Washington Post. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- Goldmacher, Shane. "Trump hires Rand Paul's former digital director". POLITICO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Robert, Moser. "The Man Who Invented the Educated Political Operative?". UT College of Liberal Arts. University of Texas. Retrieved 25 November 2014.