Vincent R. Gray
Born in London on 24 March 1922, Gray was awarded a PhD in physical chemistry by the University of Cambridge after studies on incendiary bomb fluids made from aluminium soaps. He moved to New Zealand in 1970 to become the first Director of the Building Research Association (BRANZ) and later, Chief Chemist of the Coal Research Association. He also published many articles and reports, seven in peer-reviewed journals.
Views on climate change
After retirement, he had four and a half years in China and when he returned became a critic of the claim that climate was harmed by human emissions of greenhouse gases.
He commented on every publication of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, with 1,898 comments on the 2007 Report. He published critical studies on all of the reports, including a 2002 book The Greenhouse Delusion: A Critique of 'Climate Change 2001'. He published his autobiography Confessions of a Climate Sceptic in 2010  He was dismissive of anthropogenic global warming.
Gray called for the IPCC to be abolished, claiming it was “fundamentally corrupt” and that significant parts of the work of the IPCC, the data collection and scientific methods employed, were unsound.
Gray was featured on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation program Counterpoint in a debate entitled "Nine Lies about Global Warming", and was interviewed in a featured story in The New Zealand Herald as a "prominent" global warming nay-sayer.
In his book The Greenhouse Delusion: A Critique of "Climate Change 2001",  Gray argued "that the quality and reliability of the IPCC's measurements are poor, the system of determining how much weight should be attributed to different influences on the earth's temperature is faulty, and the validity of evidence derived from computer modeling is questionable."
- The Greenhouse Delusion: A Critique of "climate Change 2001" (2002), ISBN 9780906522141
- The Global Warming Scam (2015), ISBN 9781941071236
- "New Zealand, naturalisations, 1843–1981". Ancestry.com Operations. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- Barton, Chris (4 November 2006). "It's hype, hysteria and hot air says climate change nay-sayers". New Zealand Herald. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- Gray, V.R. (1986). "The chemical properties and composition of Mokau Coal". New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics. 29 (4): 447–461. doi:10.1080/00288306.1986.10422166.
- Gray, Vincent (2010). Confessions of a Climate Sceptic.
- "I know of many New Zealand scientists who are AGW sceptics. ... Vincent Gray, retired chemist living in Wellington (who wrote a book “The Greenhouse Delusion”, published in the UK) . . ."The Anthropogenic Global Warming Doctrine Dr Gerrit J. van der Lingen, Newsletter of the Geological Society of New Zealand, N0 138, November 2005: 60–64.
- Solomon, Lawrence (26 October 2007). "IPCC too blinkered and corrupt to save". National Post. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- Michael Duffy; Michael Manton; Ray Evans; Vincent Gray (8 May 2006). "Nine Lies about Global Warming". Counterpoint. ABC Radio National. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- Gray, Vincent (August 2002). The Greenhouse Delusion. ISBN 0-906522-14-5.
- Manson, Bess (28 July 2018). "Mary and Vincent Gray - couple die 15 days apart". stuff. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- "Vincent Richard Gray death notice". New Zealand Herald. 16 June 2018. Retrieved 16 June 2018.