This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
16 May 1965 |
Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales, U.K.
Regan was born on 16 May 1965 in Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales, the son of Irish immigrants. As a youth, he moved to Ireland with his parents, but returned to Britain and attended St Joseph's College, Ipswich, Suffolk, before attending the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts in London.
Regan first came on our screens in series 5 (1992) of LWT's London's Burning, playing Don, the love interest of Firewoman Kate Stevens (Samantha Beckinsale). Regan has over 15 stage roles to his credit, most recently as Achilles in Troilus and Cressida at the Edinburgh International Festival. In association with the Royal Shakespeare Company, the festival presented director Peter Stein's strongly cast and visually striking production. He is best known for Ancient Greece-based films 300, in which he played the Captain, Troy, where he played Eudorus, Achilles' second in command, and Clash of the Titans, in which he played King Cepheus.
In 1999 Regan received an Irish Best Actor nomination for his co-starring performance in the award-winning miniseries Eureka Street.
In 2012, Regan announced his intention to launch a theatre company in Beverley, Yorkshire, along with Judi Dench and other professional actors. That year, he appeared in films such as Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Lockout, and Snow White and the Huntsman.
Regan is also a screenwriter and director, developing projects for his own film company. His script, Come Like Shadows, is an accessible but classic interpretation of Macbeth headlining Sean Bean and Tilda Swinton, and will be directed by John Maybury. He also appeared briefly as a sexually confused character in British series The Street.
In 2013 he guest starred in the first episode of Series 10 of New Tricks.
He played the Duke of Savoy in the 4th episode of the BBC series The Musketeers in 2014.
Regan joined the cast of the BBC's Atlantis as Dion for series 2 starting November 2014.
Regan is married to actress Amelia Curtis. They have a daughter, Esme (born in 2007) a son Maximilian (born in 2012). He has another daughter, Chloe, with Alexandra Pell (born 23 April 1991).
- 1992 – Unwanted Woman (TV film)
- 1993 – Paul Calf's Video Diary (TV film)
- 1994 – 99-1 (TV film)
- 1994 – Black Beauty as: Sleazy Horse Dealer
- 1996 – Hard Men as: Tone
- 1998 – B. Monkey
- 1998 – Biblické příběhy: Jeremiáš (TV film)
- 1999 – The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc as: Buck
- 2000 – Ordinary Decent Criminal as: Shay Kirby
- 2001 – Murphy's Law as: Hatcher
- 2001 – Plan to kill
- 2001 – Black Knight as: Percival, Leo's Chief Henchman
- 2002 – Messiah 2 (TV film)
- 2004 – Troy as: Eudorus
- 2005 – ShakespeaRe-Told "Macbeth" as: Duncan
- 2005 – Unleashed as: Raffles
- 2007 – 300 as: Captain Artemis
- 2006 – Low Winter Sun (TV film)
- 2007 – Marple: At Bertram's Hotel (TV film)
- 2009 – Eva
- 2008 – Bathory as: Ferenc Nadasdy
- 2010 – Clash of the Titans as: Cepheus
- 2010 – The Big I Am as: Barber
- 2010 – Bonded by Blood as Michael Steele
- 2010 – The Holding as Aden
- 2011 – Outside Bet as Jago
- 2012 – Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance as Toma Nikasevic
- 2012 – Lockout as Alex
- 2012 – Snow White and the Huntsman as Duke Hammond
- 2012 – St George's Day as Albert Ball
- 2013 – Vendetta (2013) as Colonel Leach
- 2013 – Dementamania (2013) as Nicholas Lemarchand
- 2014 – Top Dog (2014) as Mr Watson
- 2016 – City of Tiny Lights (2016) as Tall Man / Schaeffer
- 1992 - London's Burning
- 1996 – Call Red
- 1998 – Invasion: Earth
- 1999 – Eureka Street
- 2001 – Rebel Heart
- 2002 – Rescue Me
- 2003 – Plan Man
- 2003 – 40
- 2005 – Empire
- 2007 – The Street as Charlie
- 2007 – Lewis as David Hayword
- 2009 – The Prisoner (miniseries)
- 2010 – Spooks
- 2010 – Strike Back as Matlock
- 2010 – Wallander as Anders Ekman
- 2011 – Camelot
- 2011 – Scott & Bailey
- 2011 – Inspector George Gently
- 2012 – Strike Back: Vengeance (Season 3) (2012) as Karl Matlock
- 2012 – Silent Witness
- 2012 – Hit & Miss as John
- 2013 – Starlings as Stephen
- 2014 – Midsomer Murders as Professor Philip Hamilton
- 2014 – The Musketeers as the Duke of Savoy
- 2014 – From There to Here as Stapleton
- 2014 – Atlantis as Dion
- 2015 – The Royals as King Simon
- 2015 – A.D. The Bible Continues (Miniseries) as Pontius Pilate
- 2016 – Undercover (Miniseries) as Dominic Carter
- "Vincent Regan's delight as Beverley's 'East Riding Theatre' set to open at Old Chapel". This is Hull and East Riding. 2012. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Hit & Miss: Meet the Cast and Characters". Sky. 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2012.