Vincent Scully Prize
The Vincent Scully Prize was established in 1999 to recognize exemplary practice, scholarship or criticism in architecture, historic preservation and urban design. Created by the National Building Museum in Washington, D.C., the award first honored the distinguished Yale professor and namesake of the award, author and educator, Vincent Scully.
The National Building Museum awards two other annual prizes: the Honor Award for individuals and organizations who have made important contributions to the U.S.'s building heritage, and the Henry C. Turner Prize for Innovation in Construction Technology.
|III.||2001||Andres Duany and Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk|
|IV.||2002||Robert Venturi and Denise Scott Brown|
|V.||2005||His Highness the Aga Khan established The Aga Khan Award for Architecture in 1977|
|VI.||2005||His Royal Highness Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, for long-standing interest in the built environment and commitment to creating urban areas with human scale|
|VII.||2006||Phyllis Lambert, architect, educator, activist, philanthropist and founder of the Canadian Centre for Architecture and planning director for the Seagram Building|
|VIII.||2007||Witold Rybczynski, architecture critic, author and professor|
|IX.||2007||Richard Moe, president of the National Trust for Historic Preservation|
|X.||2008||Robert A. M. Stern, Dean of the Yale University School of Architecture|
|XI.||2009||Christopher Alexander, architect, architecture theorist, author and professor|
|XII.||2010||Adele Chatfield-Taylor, president of the American Academy in Rome|
|XIII.||2011||William K. Reilly, former administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency|
|XV.||2013||Joshua David and Robert Hammond, the co-founders of the Friends of the High Line in New York City|
|XVI.||2014||Charlie Rose, executive producer, executive editor, and host of Charlie Rose|
|XVII.||2017||Laurie Olin, landscape architect|
- Henrika Taylor (2010-09-24). "Adele Chatfield-Taylor to receive Vincent Scully Prize".
- "Vincent Scully Prize: William K. Reilly". National Building Museum. November 8, 2011. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- "National Building Museum Names Paul Goldberger as the Fourteenth Laureate of the Vincent Scully Prize". National Building Museum. August 29, 2012. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Natl Bldg Museum Website". Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Natl Bldg Museum Website". Retrieved 31 Oct 2014.
- Chelsea Blahut, "Laurie Olin Announced as the 17th Laureate of Vincent Scully Prize", Architect, September 07, 2017.