Vincent van Ommen
|Vincent van Ommen|
Van Ommen at the premiere of A Real Vermeer, 2016
14 June 1982 |
The Hague, Netherlands
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
|Years active||2008 – present|
Vincent van Ommen is a Dutch film and television actor. He is known for his English language work in films like Life is an Art (2010), Amsterdam Heavy (2011), A Morass (2011), and the TV mini-series You Look Stunning Too (2013) in which he played the role of Richard. Video games he voiced for include Planet Explorers and Until I Have You.
He studied drama at De Trap, a private school for acting in Amsterdam. After completion he did a post-grad, specializing in acting for film and television. He also studied classical Shakespearean acting at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and followed an advanced acting course at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
His first screen role was in the short film Stop!. The film, depicting a violent theft and car chase, was released during the International Film Festival Rotterdam in 2008. The film was a viral success and was widely praised for its acting, multiple journalists filed police reports thinking it was real. The film reached national media and talk shows like De Wereld Draait Door and Editie NL.
In 2009, Van Ommen made his English language feature film debut as the immortal Elijah in the fantasy film Reiki, which screened at the Cannes Film Festival later that year. In April 2010, Reiki also screened at the Elf Fantasy Fair, the biggest fantasy event in Europe.
Director Jayant R. Harnam saw one of his short films and cast him in the leading role for his thriller Life is an Art, in which he stars opposite Alison Carroll. This movie was Van Ommen's second appearance at the Cannes Film Festival in 2010.
In March 2010, Van Ommen starred in the British film A Morass with Alessandro Giuggioli, and made his Dutch feature film debut in the film Verloren Jaren. He was also cast in the short film Klik alongside Lone van Roosendaal, Thomas Acda & Tim Oliehoek.
In January 2011, it was announced that Van Ommen was cast opposite Fajah Lourens in the action film Amsterdam Heavy by director Michael Wright. The movie also stars Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs).
In March 2011, he appeared in the short movie Paper Parachutes directed by Katie Pow, a children's fantasy film about obsessively ordered nine-year-old Miles. Both Amsterdam Heavy and Paper Parachutes screened at the 64th Cannes Film Festival and marked his third appearance at the festival.
In 2012, Van Ommen joined the film jury for ShortCutz Amsterdam. An annual film festival promoting short films in Amsterdam. Other jury members include Rutger Hauer, Roel Reine and Jan Harlan.
He starred in a slate of short movies, notably Millie directed by Merel den Otter, Faith, La Commedia, Escape and Orbit directed by Djie Han Thung.
|2008||De beste commercial||Zoon||1 episode|
|2008||Gamekings||Mark / Pascal||1 episode|
|2008||Kaaskoppen & waterlanders||Willem Drees||1 episode|
|2009||Koekeloere||Meneer Boer||1 episode|
|2010||Life is an Art||Nathan|
|2010||Verloren Jaren||Luuk||Dutch film|
|2010||Win/Win||Junior Broker||Dutch film|
|2011||Amsterdam Heavy||Agent van Beek|
|2011||Paper Parachutes||Uncle Ed|
|2013||You Look Stunning Too||Richard||Recurring role|
|2013||ShortCutz Amsterdam Jury||Himself|
|2016||Until I Have You||Keiroth|||
Awards and nominations
|2016||AGS Awards||Best Voice Acting||
- What about Vincent van Ommen - Interview (in Dutch), castingnieuws.nl. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- Biography - Vincent van Ommen Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- Film1 interview De Filmliefde van Vincent van Ommen (in Dutch), film1.nl.
- Vincent in Stop! imdb.com.
- Stop! reaches Dutch national news broadcast, EditieNL.
- ANP (24 May 2009). "Nederlandse acteur in film met Tomb Raider-model".
- Vincent van Ommen: Q & A
- RTL Boulevard interview Vincent van Ommen (in Dutch), RTL Boulevard broadcast.
- Novum interview Vincent: "Cannes was echt kicken" (in Dutch), broadcast. Retrieved 28 May 2010
- Ook Van Ommen in ‘Amsterdam Heavy’ (in Dutch), nlfilmdoek.nl. Retrieved 5 January 2011.
- Vincent van Ommen, Amsterdam Heavy, Cannes Film Festival 2011 RealTVFilms.com broadcast. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- Acteur Vincent van Ommen in Cannes Omroep West. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- ShortCutz Amsterdam
- Jurylid Vincent van Ommen en Eddy Terstall met Shortcutz-mascotte Mr Zee filmkrant.nl.
- Dutch Short Films Are the Focus - Shortcutz Amsterdam Go Social Film Magazine. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Filmography - Vincent van Ommen". IMDb. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Vincent van Ommen in Amerikaanse Videogame". DenHaag FM. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Tales - Official Trailer". Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Nederlandse acteur Vincent van Ommen maakt kans op stemprijzen". noordhollands dagblad.
- "9 AGS Awards Nominations for Unit I Have You". steamcommunity.com.
- "Haagse acteur Vincent van Ommen twee keer genomineerd voor internationale prijs". denhaagfm.
|This article about a Dutch actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|