Vincenzo (TV series)
|Created by||Studio Dragon|
|Screenplay by||Park Jae-bum|
|Directed by||Kim Hee-won|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Executive producer||Cho Moon-joo|
|Production company||Logos Film|
|Original release||February 20 –|
May 2, 2021
Vincenzo (Korean: 빈센조; RR: Binsenjo) is a 2021 South Korean television series starring Song Joong-ki as the title character alongside Jeon Yeo-been, Ok Taec-yeon, Kim Yeo-jin and Kwak Dong-yeon. It aired on tvN from February 20, 2021, to May 2, 2021, every Saturday and Sunday at 21:00 (KST); each episode was released on Netflix in South Korea and internationally after its television broadcast.
The first episode reached a 7.7% rating (AGB nationwide), making it the fourth highest-rated tvN drama premiere. The finale received 14.6% rating, making it the ninth highest-rated drama in Korean cable television history at the time. It also made the series the sixth highest-rated drama in tvN's history.
The series was also popular among international viewers through Netflix, maintaining its position in the top 10 TV shows on Netflix in the world since its start and reached the fourth rank on April 26. It ranked fourth on Forbes list of most-viewed Korean series on Netflix in 2021.
At the age of eight, Park Joo-hyung (Song Joong-ki) was adopted by an Italian family. He later joins the mafia and is adopted by Don Fabio, head of the Cassano Family. Renamed “Vincenzo Cassano” he becomes a lawyer, a consigliere for the mafia, and Don Fabio's right-hand man. After Fabio dies, Paolo, Fabio's biological son and the new leader of the Cassano Family attempts to kill Vincenzo.
He flees to Seoul and sets out to recover 1.5 tons of gold that he helped a recently-dead Chinese tycoon secretly stash within the basement of Geumga Plaza. However, a subsidiary of Babel Group has illegally taken ownership of the building, and Vincenzo must use his skills to reclaim the building and recover his fortunes.
Among the quirky tenants at Geumga Plaza is the Jipuragi Law Firm run by Hong Yoo-chan (Yoo Jae-myung) in which Vincenzo finds he has aligned interests. At first he comes into conflict with Hong Yoo-chan's daughter, Hong Cha-young (Jeon Yeo-been), an attorney for a rival firm, but after her father's death she takes over the practice and joins forces with Vincenzo and the other tenants to fight Babel Group.
Cast and Characters
- Song Joong-ki as Vincenzo Cassano / Park Joo-hyung
- An Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere of Korean descent. He is the adopted son of the late boss of the Cassano Family and Geumga Plaza's true owner. He becomes an Advisor/Foreign Legal Counsel to Jipuragi Law Firm, working with Hong Cha-young to destroy the Babel Group and reclaim the gold hidden in Geumga Plaza.
- Jeon Yeo-been as Hong Cha-young
- A lawyer, who is an associate for the Wusang Law Firm and the daughter of Hong Yoo-chan. Energetic, she tends to overreact. She later replaces her father as CEO of Jipuragi Law Firm. She joins Vincenzo in his vendetta against Babel Group.
- Ok Taec-yeon as Jang Jun-woo / Jang Han-seok
- An intern in Wusang Law Firm working under Hong Cha-young as her paralegal/assistant, and the real Chairman of Babel Group. He puts on a front as a happy-go-lucky, dumb, and naive man. However, he is revealed as the true power behind the Babel Group. He is the main antagonist of the series.
- Kim Yeo-jin as Choi Myung-hee
- A former prosecutor who quits the prosecutor's office to join Wusang Law Firm as its new Senior Partner, and in the process becomes the corporate fixer and attorney of Babel Group. She appears good-natured and enjoys Zumba dancing but is, in reality, extremely corrupt and is Jang Jun-woo's accomplice in his schemes.
- Kwak Dong-yeon as Jang Han-seo
- The half-brother of Jang Jun-woo and the previous chairman's illegitimate son who publicly acts as the owner of Babel Group in his brother's place. He appears rude, cocky and pretentious, but he is more morally equipped than his brother.
Wusang Law Firm
- Jo Han-chul as Han Seung-hyuk
- The CEO of Wusang Law Firm. He recruits Choi Myung-hee into Wusang. He eventually becomes the Chief of the Seoul Southeast District Prosecutors' Office.
- Yoo Jae-myung as Hong Yoo-chan
- A lawyer who was the CEO of the Jipuragi Law Firm and Chairman of the Development Opposition Committee for Geumga Plaza. He is the father of Hong Cha-young. He believes that justice is above all else and would never compromise his principles, and he was a mentor-like figure to Vincenzo. He is later killed under Choi Myung-hee's orders, inspiring his daughter Hong Cha-young to take revenge against Babel.
- Yoon Byung-hee as Nam Joo-sung
- A paralegal working at Jipuragi Law Firm under lawyer Hong Yoo-chan and later Hong Cha-young. He is a former special effect make-up artist. After the death of Hong Yoo-chan, he joins Vincenzo and Hong Cha-young in destroying Babel Group.
- Choi Young-joon as Cho Young-woon
- Manager of Geumga Plaza. His name is used in Geumga Plaza's deed. Vincenzo once saved his life back in Milan, and is thus indebted to Vincenzo. It is later revealed that he is an undercover agent of the International Security Intelligence Service, but he remains as an ally to Vincenzo.
- Choi Deok-moon as Tak Hong-shik
- Owner of the laundromat. He purposely ruins Vincenzo's limited edition bespoke suit because he thought that Vincenzo wants to evict him and the other tenants. He was a former gang member and uses scissors as his weapon.
- Kim Hyung-mook as Toto
- Owner of the Italian restaurant in Geumga Plaza. He pretends to have studied in Italy to be a chef and feels threatened by Vincenzo who easily learns his secret.
- Lee Hang-na as Kwak Hee-soo
- Owner of a snack bar in Geumga Plaza. She regularly beats her teenage son who secretly smokes. She was a former boxer.
- Kim Seol-jin as Larry Kang
- Owner of a dance studio in Geumga Plaza. He is a clean-freak and hates it when people makes his studio dirty.
- Kim Yoon-hye as Seo Mi-ri
- Owner of the piano school in Geumga Plaza. She has a crush on Vincenzo. It is later revealed that she was a hacker and designed the security of the gold vault. She narrowly escaped assassination and moved to Geumga Plaza to keep an eye on the gold.
- Yang Kyung-won as Lee Chul-wook
- A self-proclaimed expert martial artist and owner of a pawnshop in Geumga Plaza. He often talks big about beating up opponents but he chickens out.
- Seo Ye-hwa as Jang Yeon-jin
- Lee Chul-wook's wife. She berates her husband when he shows false bravado.
- Kang Chae-min as Kim Young-ho
- Kwak Hee-soo's son. He often smokes with his friends against his mother's wishes.
- Ri Woo-jin as Jeokha
- The abbot of Nanyak Pagoda in Geumga Plaza. He felt a strong presence of Buddha under the place he usually sits because of a golden statue of Buddha stashed under there. Sometimes he gives Vincenzo advice on how to deal with his problems and insecurities.
- Kwon Seung-woo as Chaeshin
- A monk assisting Jeokha. He is close to the other tenants and act as an advisor.
Ant Financial Management
- Kim Young-woong as Park Seok-do
- CEO of Ant Financial Management. He is a gangster who worked for Babel Group. He was in charge of Geumga Plaza's demolition, but moves into the plaza after nearly being killed by Babel and starts a business called ByeBye Balloon. He eventually helps Jipuragi in their fight against Babel.
- Lee Dal as Jeon Soo-nam
- Employee of Ant Financial Management. He is a gangster and Park Seok-do's second-in-command. He joins his boss in helping Jipuragi fight Babel Group.
- Jung Ji-yoon as Yang Joo-eun
- The accountant of Ant Financial Management and later ByeBye Balloon. She has a crush on Vincenzo. She helps Jipuragi fight Babel Group.
International Security Intelligence Service
- Im Chul-soo as Ahn Gi-seok
- Team leader of the Italian Organized Crime Division of the International Security Intelligence Service. He goes undercover to spy on Vincenzo by becoming a protégé under Chef Toto.
- Kwon Tae-won as Tae Jong-gu
- Director of the International Organized Crime Bureau, under the International Security Intelligence Service. He initially disapproves of Ahn Gi-seok's plan to launch an operation to spy on Vincenzo, but eventually helps Gi-seok and Jipuragi.
Seoul Southeast District Prosecutors' Office
- Seo Jin-won as Hwang Jin-tae
- Chief of the Seoul Southeast District Prosecutors' Office. Choi Myung-hee's former boss. He is on Babel Group's payroll after being blackmailed.
- Hwang Tae-kwang as Seo Woong-ho
- Deputy Chief of Seoul Southeast District Prosecutors' Office. He is murdered by Jang Han-seok.
- Go Sang-ho as Jung In-kook
- A prosecutor from Seoul Southeast District Prosecutors' Office. He works with Cho Young-woon to obtain the Guillotine File and helps Vincenzo fight Babel. He later betrays Vincenzo and works for Jang Han-seok. He is killed by Vincenzo for his betrayal.
- Salvatore Alfano as Paolo Cassano
- Vincenzo Cassano's adoptive brother and new leader of the Cassano Family. He tries to have Vincenzo killed out of resentment, but fails, causing Vincenzo to flee to South Korea. He later helps both Choi Myung-hee and Han Seung-hyuk in killing and framing Vincenzo, but fails.
- Luca Vaquer as Luca
- Vincenzo Cassano's personal driver and assistant. He works for the Cassano Family and is more loyal to Vincenzo than Paolo. He updates Vincenzo about the current affairs in Italy.
- Yoon Bok-in as Oh Gyeong-ja
- Former maid accused of murdering the late CEO of Shinkwang Bank and Hong Yoo-chan's client. It is later revealed that she is Vincenzo Cassano's birth mother. She is killed, orchestrated by Choi Myung-hee under Jang Han-seok's order.
- Jung Wook-jin as Lee Seon-ho
- One of the test subjects for the drug RDU-90. He is the whistleblower for Babel Pharmaceuticals.
- Lee Do-guk as Hwang Gyu
- Choi Myung-hee's former enforcer and later Vincenzo's enforcer. He arranged Hong Yoo-chan's murder. He used to work for the Korean Military's Intelligence Division. He is later killed by Vincenzo after exceeding his usefulness.
- Kim Tae-hoon as Pyo Hyuk-pil
- Choi Myung-hee's former enforcer and currently Vincenzo's enforcer. He works under Hwang Gyu. He also used to work for the Korean Military's Intelligence Division. He is later killed by Choi Myung-hee after Vincenzo abandoned him.
- Acting as a limousine taxi driver.
- Lee Hee-joon as an unnamed robber #2 (Ep. 1)
- Jung Soon-won as an airport police (Ep. 1)
- Kim Jin-yi as past client (Ep. 4–5)
- Shin Seung-hwan as So Hyun-woo (Ep. 5)
- A corrupt attorney on Wusang Law Firm's payroll.
- Jeong Yeong-ju as a lady driving out of the court (Ep. 5)
- Cha Soon-Bae as Judge Heo (Ep. 6)
- Ahn Chang-hwan as Gilbert
- A homeless man staying outside Geumga Plaza (Ep. 6–7, 12)
- Yoo Yeon as Kim Yeo-won (Ep. 7)
- The wife of Gil Jong-moon, also the head of Sungwon University Hospital's Pediatric Cancer Center.
- Kim Byung-ji as coach of the youth football team (Ep. 7)
- Kim Sung-cheol as Hwang Min-sung (Ep. 8, 20)
- The CEO of Shinkwang Bank.
- Im Chae-moo as an employee of Moomoo Land (Ep. 8)
- Jeon Gook-hyang as Seo Young-sun (Ep. 8, 20)
- The mother of Hwang Min-sung and Chairwoman of Shinkwang Finances.
- Nichkhun and Hwang Chan-sung as leads of UCN drama "The Age of Stray Dogs and Wild Dogs" (Ep. 12)
- Yoon Kyung-ho as Nam Shin-bae (Ep. 13)
- The chairman of the Babel Guardian Committee Union.
- Jeon Jin-oh as Park Chan-gi (Ep. 13)
- Lee Hye-jung as Jung Do-hee (Ep. 14–15)
- The director of Ragusang Gallery.
- Keum Gwang-san as Keum Gwang-jin (Ep. 14)
- Jeon Jin-gi as Oh Jung-bae (Ep. 15)
- The CEO of Daechang Daily.
- Lee Geung-young as Park Seung-joon (Ep. 17)
- A presidential candidate.
- Yoo Tae-woong as Kim Seok-woo (Ep. 17–20)
- The secretary of Park Seung-joon, and a senior of Han Seung-hyuk.
This section needs expansion with: short summary of each episode. You can help by adding to it. (June 2021)
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date||South Korea viewers|
|1||"Episode 1"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||February 20, 2021||1.948|
|Vincenzo is the adopted son of Fabio, the Don of the Cassano Family. He is trusted by his adoptive father and in turn hated by his adopted brother, Paolo. When Fabio dies, Vincenzo takes it upon himself to execute his last word and sets fire to the vineyard of a rival mafia head. Paolo tries to assassinate Vincenzo and fails. Vincenzo warns Paolo by blowing up his car and leaves Italy for Korea. In Korea, Geumga Plaza is the last standing residential commercial building that is not acquired by the Babel Group. The owner, Mr. Cho, is the right-hand man of Vincenzo. Years ago, Vincenzo and Mr. Cho helped a Chinese tycoon to hide 1.5 tons of illegal gold under the plaza. Now the tycoon is dead and the gold can only be retrieved by demolishing the structure. In the meantime, righteous lawyer Hong Yoo-chan represents innocent drug testers in a lawsuit against Babel Pharmaceuticals. Hong Cha-young, his daughter, is the defendant's lawyer, from the Wusang Law Firm. She bribes a key witness and wins the case.|
|2||"Episode 2"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||February 21, 2021||2.389|
|3||"Episode 3"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||February 27, 2021||2.098|
|4||"Episode 4"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||February 28, 2021||2.587|
|5||"Episode 5"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||March 6, 2021||2.447|
|6||"Episode 6"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||March 7, 2021||2.893|
|7||"Episode 7"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||March 13, 2021||2.429|
|8||"Episode 8"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||March 14, 2021||2.755|
|9||"Episode 9"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||March 20, 2021||2.364|
|10||"Episode 10"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||March 21, 2021||3.024|
|11||"Episode 11"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||March 27, 2021||2.439|
|12||"Episode 12"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||March 28, 2021||2.840|
|13||"Episode 13"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||April 3, 2021||2.871|
|14||"Episode 14"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||April 4, 2021||2.884|
|15||"Episode 15"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||April 10, 2021||2.628|
|16||"Episode 16"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||April 11, 2021||2.754|
|Oh Jung-bae is killed by three people hired by a lawyer at Wusang on behalf of Han-seok and Myung-hee. They attempt to frame Vincenzo, who escapes from the police and finds the true killers with help from the employees of ByeBye Balloon and Tak Hong-shik. The killers and the man who hired them are arrested. As a return favour for their help, ByeBye Balloon takes promotional images of Vincenzo. Vincenzo and Cha-Young take Oh Gyeong-ja out for a day, where they take pictures and go for a walk outside. Mother and son have a heart-to-heart, but neither admits to their relationship to one another out loud. At Geumga Plaza, a person dressed as a gas inspector cuts the gas pipe in the snack bar. The fire brigade arrives and Vincenzo manages to throw the device intended to set the gas alight outside, saving the plaza. Han-seo reveals to Vincenzo and Cha-young that he is the one who called in the tip to the fire brigade. Vincenzo decides to visit his mother but arrives at the hospital to find that she has been murdered. With Ahn Gi-seok's help, Vincenzo locates his mother's murderer, chases him to Han-seok's property and kills the murderer in front of Han-seok, Han-seo, Myung-hee and Seung-hyuk. He promises to come for them soon, firing a parting shot at Han-seok.|
|17||"Episode 17"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||April 24, 2021||2.719|
|A funeral is held for Oh Gyeong-ja. A party is held for the corrupt officials bidding on office space inside Babel Tower. Residents from Geumga Plaza infiltrate the event as various support staff. After the bidding closes, one of Myung-hee's former "crystal balls" appears with bombs strapped to his chest, saying that he has been threatened and that if the assembled members do not agree to tear up their contracts and cut ties with Babel group, the room will be blown up by a bomb in a cake. As a show, he indicates that a model of Babel Tower will explode, but is instead himself blown up by Vincenzo. Cha-young is horrified by this but reaffirms her commitment to getting revenge on the men who killed her father. The officials at the party receive text messages telling them to tear up and eat the contracts, announcing who they are, which they do. The doors to the room are opened and the assembled guests flee. The timer on the cake reaches zero and a spray of liquid is emitted rather than an explosion. The second "crystal ball" finds Myung-hee but is later killed by her. Han-seo and Vincenzo play hockey together and Han-seo gives Vincenzo some inside information. Residents from Geumga Plaza threaten the officials at the party with video footage of the event. Seung-hyuk arranges a meeting with Park Seung-joon and informs him of the location of the Guillotine file. A second party is held with corrupt officials at Han-seok's home. Director Tae is working with Vincenzo and is recording this meeting. Kim Seok-woo (on advice from Candidate Park) promotes Seung-hyuk to Chief Prosecutor of Namdongbu and re-instates Han-seo as chairman of Babel Group. A trap is set for Vincenzo by Myung-hee and Seung-hyuk with Paolo, with Interpol arriving at the ice rink where Vincenzo and Han-seo are playing. Han-seo appears to shoot Vincenzo in the shoulder.|
|18||"Episode 18"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||April 25, 2021||3.109|
|Han-seo tells Han-seok, Myung-hee and Seung-hyuk what happens at the ice rink, saying that the agents are overpowered by Vincenzo's men who were already at the rink. The officers were then taken to a warehouse where the Interpol officers were killed and the Korean officers were threatened. Han-seo was let off with a parting shot. This is later shown to be a fabrication - Han-seo and Vincenzo planned the whole thing: the police officers were sent off with evidence of bribery and corruption by Paolo and the Jason Fund. Officials who were present at the party at Han-seok's home are gathered, where a clip recorded by Director Tae is played aloud. Vincenzo and Cha-young file a lawsuit alleging that the approval process for Babel Tower was corrupt. Vincenzo meets with Chief Prosecutor Han and threatens him to find a reason to send Han-seok to prison. Han-seok is attacked in his home. Cho Young-woon is kidnapped by Kim Seok-woo to find the person who built the security system for the vault underneath Geumga Plaza. Han-seok is sent to jail for his own safety, where he is visited by Vincenzo who reveals that he is like a sated cat playing with Han-seok. Luca arrives in Korea, informing Vincenzo that he is needed to save the Cassano family back in Italy from the Luciano family. Vincenzo prepares to leave Korea for two weeks. Kim Seok-woo finds out that it was Seo Mi-ri who designed the vault and forces her to open it. They find out that the vault is empty when they open it. Seo Mi-ri flees and is saved from Kim Seok-woo's goons by the timely arrival of Vincenzo.|
|19||"Episode 19"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||May 1, 2021||3.075|
|Vincenzo is overpowered by Kim Seok-woo's goons, but the residents of Geumga Plaza arrive. It is revealed that many of them have skills in fighting and eventually subdue all of the goons. The gold had been removed by Vincenzo - the monks reveal that they know about the vault but not its contents, so with their and Seo Mi-ri's help, the gold had been moved already. Vincenzo reveals that he did not leave Korea but instead paid the Lucianos to leave them alone. At the trial of Geumga Plaza Residents vs Babel Tower, Vincenzo is called by Cha-young as the first witness and shows the video from the two parties, with Han-seo, Han-seok, Myung-hee and Seung-hyuk's faces blurred out. The approvals for Babel Tower are overturned. Vincenzo tells Han-seo that he should leave the country for his safety, but Han-seo refuses. Myung-hee fabricates evidence that she was the one who set Han-seok up, which allows her and Han-seok to swap places in prison. Prosecutor Jung is celebrating his promotion when he is confronted by Vincenzo on the balcony, who kills him and makes it look like a suicide. Cha-young heads to a law school get-together, where she is kidnapped by Han-seok. Han-seok then kidnaps Han-seo as well. Vincenzo receives a package with the jewellery he purchased for Cha-young covered in blood. Han-seo and Cha-young wake up at Han-seok's home. Han-seok calls Vincenzo, informing him of where they are. Vincenzo arrives. Han-seok tells Han-seo that if he kills Vincenzo, he will be allowed to live. Han-seo lunges at Han-seok instead, giving Vincenzo enough time to free Cha-young and attempt to escape. Han-seok shoots at Vincenzo but hits Cha-young instead.|
|20||"Episode 20"||Kim Hee-won||Park Jae-bum||May 2, 2021||3.841|
|After shooting Cha-young, Han-seok sees an opportunity to shoot and effectively murder Vincenzo once and for all, but at the last second, Han-seo grabs the gun and points it at himself. Han-seok immediately shoots his brother before jumping down the terrace and escaping. Han-seo perishes in redemption as Vincenzo acknowledges that he rightfully earned his place as his brother. Later, Vincenzo looks after Cha-young at the hospital with relief that she's doing okay. He realizes that it is their last night together as he is to escape Korea for his crimes. Elsewhere on the next day, Seung-hyuk is ordered by Vincenzo to release Myung-hee from prison in exchange for his life being spared; however, Han-seok learns of this deal and has Seung-hyuk killed regardless. Myung-hee and Han-seok are both being tracked and tailed, both about to meet their impending doom. Myung-hee is up first; after transferring money to her account at Han-seok's villa, she returns to her apartment to retrieve her passport in order to escape Korea, but Vincenzo is already there, rendering her effectively cornered. Her demise comes as she's tied to a chair with mangled feet, with Vincenzo spraying fuel on her and lighting her on fire, causing her to dance and scream while Zumba music plays in the background. Meanwhile, Han-seok and his men are confronted by Geumga Plaza tenants, and while Chul-wook is stabbed, Han-seok is eventually knocked out, enabling Vincenzo to take him to his end. With Han-seok tied up, Vincenzo explains that Han-seo's critical thinking before his death allowed Vincenzo to hunt him down, afterwards revealing a piercing drill that would ever-so-slowly impale his body, resulting in a torturously long, excruciating death. Han-seok cries out, pleading for a quick death, but instead, he meets his agonizing doom in tears. The next day, a crow feasts on his barely conscious body. Before Vincenzo could escape Korea, Mr. Cho and Gi-seok say goodbye while Cha-young and Joo-sung arrive to do the same. As a year passes, the new Cassano family has moved on with their lives, both collectively and individually; Chul-wook survived the stabbing, Mr. Cho and Gi-seok search for Vincenzo globally, Cha-young wins Geyong-ja's posthumous retrial, and Geumga Plaza tenants protest against a greedy political candidate. Cha-young attends a diplomatic Italian celebration, where she briefly reunites with Vincenzo. The series closes off with Vincenzo monologuing, still as his villainous self, stating that in a world where evil is all too prominent, justice alone won't defeat villains, and that oftentimes ruthlessness is needed to rid the world of them.|
In May 2020, director Kim Hee-won and screenwriter Park Jae-bum teamed up for Vincenzo. In July 2020, it was reported that Song Joong-ki and Jeon Yeo-been are considering the offer to star in the series; while Ok Taec-yeon was confirmed for the cast. Song and Jeon confirmed their appearance in the following month.
The first script reading took place on January 5, 2021.
The drama serves as a reunion project for Kwak Dong-yeon and Kim Yeo-jin who both starred in the 2018 drama My Strange Hero. This drama also reunites Ok Taec-yeon and Jeon Yeo-been who worked together in Save Me (2017).
Episodes 17 and 18 were delayed one week due to the production team wanting to "improve quality" of the episodes.
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||May 2, 2021|
Vincenzo: Original Soundtrack (Various Artists)
|1.||"Ombra mai fu"||Choi Sung-hoon (La Poem)||3:01|
|2.||"Adrenaline (Italian ver.)"||Aalia||3:27|
|5.||"Is This Love"||Aalia||3:37|
|6.||"I'm Always By Your Side"||John Park||3:51|
|7.||"Questo edificio è mio"||Song Jin-seok||2:14|
|8.||"Night Of Sicily"||3:03|
|10.||"The Last Of Babel"||Lee Nyeom||2:55|
|12.||"For The Justice"||2:15|
|15.||"Un diavolo scaccia l'altro"||Lee Nyeom||2:48|
|17.||"If You Want"||Kim Dong-hyeok||1:32|
|20.||"Is This Love (Guitar Ver.)"||2:08|
|22.||"Finestra di espiazione"||3:07|
|25.||"Dark Side Of Me"||2:05|
|26.||"A Silent Cry"||2:41|
|28.||"Country Of KIMCHI"||1:29|
|29.||"Vincenzo The Phoenix"||Kim Dong-hyeok||1:58|
|33.||"I'm Sorry I Didn't Know"||2:07|
|34.||"Chaos KEUMGA Plaza"||2:21|
|35.||"Il male è grande e vasto"||2:34|
|36.||"Is This Love (Piano Ver.)"||2:05|
|38.||"Bungeoppang With My Mom"||2:18|
|42.||"Through The Years"||2:12|
|44.||"Your Vacancy"||Lee Nyeom||3:30|
|46.||"Why Are You Standing There"||1:34|
|47.||"Never felt better"||1:17|
|49.||"Happily Today As Well"||1:34|
|53.||"Cavalleria Rusticana"||Pietro Mascagni||3:32|
|54.||"Fish-shaped Buns And Carp-shaped Buns"||1:32|
|57.||"March of The Priests"||Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart||2:47|
|59.||"It Smells Bad Somewhere"||2:07|
|60.||"Nabucco Hebrew Slaves Chorus"||Giuseppe Verdi||3:54|
|62.||"Where Is My Gold"||2:45|
|63.||"Vincenzo Theme But Gisuk Theme"||2:33|
|65.||"Escape From Us"||2:19|
|67.||"Gold is in our hearts"||2:02|
A 7.7% average viewership rating was recorded nationwide for the series' first episode, at the time making it the third-highest premiere rating of any weekend drama of the network and fourth-highest premiere rating overall, bested by Mr. Sunshine, Encounter and Mr. Queen.
The drama is currently the tenth highest-rated drama in Korean cable television history.
|Ep.||Original broadcast date||Average audience share|
|1||February 20, 2021||7.659% (1st)||8.728% (1st)|
|2||February 21, 2021||9.295% (1st)||10.207% (1st)|
|3||February 27, 2021||8.121% (1st)||9.340% (1st)|
|4||February 28, 2021||10.215% (1st)||11.201% (1st)|
|5||March 6, 2021||9.674% (1st)||10.683% (1st)|
|6||March 7, 2021||11.082% (1st)||12.165% (1st)|
|7||March 13, 2021||9.241% (1st)||9.992% (1st)|
|8||March 14, 2021||10.380% (1st)||11.292% (1st)|
|9||March 20, 2021||9.057% (1st)||9.729% (1st)|
|10||March 21, 2021||11.375% (1st)||12.745% (1st)|
|11||March 27, 2021||9.311% (1st)||10.705% (1st)|
|12||March 28, 2021||10.736% (1st)||12.405% (1st)|
|13||April 3, 2021||10.815% (1st)||11.555% (1st)|
|14||April 4, 2021||11.258% (1st)||12.487% (1st)|
|15||April 10, 2021||10.296% (1st)||11.150% (1st)|
|16||April 11, 2021||10.572% (1st)||11.600% (1st)|
|17||April 24, 2021||10.961% (1st)||12.278% (1st)|
|18||April 25, 2021||12.276% (1st)||13.912% (1st)|
|19||May 1, 2021||11.854% (1st)||12.659% (1st)|
|20||May 2, 2021||14.636% (1st)||16.564% (1st)|
|Special||April 17, 2021||4.445% (1st)||5.098% (2nd)|
Awards and nominations
|Year||Award ceremony||Category||Nominee / Work||Result||Ref.|
|2021||57th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Director (TV)||Kim Hee-won||Nominated|||
|Best Actor (TV)||Song Joong-ki||Nominated|
|Brand of the Year Awards||Drama of the Year||Vincenzo||Won|||
|Actor of the Year||Song Joong-ki||Won|
|Actress of the Year||Jeon Yeo-been||Nominated|
|3rd Asia Contents Awards||Best Creative||Vincenzo||Nominated|||
|Best Asian TV Series||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Song Joong-ki||Nominated|
|Best Writer||Park Jae-bum||Nominated|
|Seoul International Drama Awards||Top Excellence Korean Drama||Vincenzo||Won|||
|Top Excellence Korean Actress||Jeon Yeo-been||Nominated|||
|Top Excellence Korean Actor||Song Joong-ki||Won|||
|14th Tokyo Drama Awards||Special Award for Foreign Drama||Vincenzo||Won|||
|Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards||Presidential Commendation||Park Jae-bum||Won|||
|6th Asia Artist Awards||Best Artist Award||Jeon Yeo-been||Won|||
|Korea Content Awards||Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Commendation||Kim Hee-won||Won|||
|26th Asian Television Awards||Best Drama Series||Vincenzo||Won|
|NME||2021||The 10 best Korean dramas of 2021||4th|||
- Vice-president for video contents at Logos Film's parent company
- Kim, Hee-kyung (January 31, 2021). "호화 캐스팅에 수백억 제작비…'텐트폴' 드라마 전쟁". Hankyung (in Korean). Archived from the original on February 9, 2021. Retrieved February 12, 2021.
- Song, Eun-kyung (August 10, 2020). 송중기-전여빈-옥택연, tvN '빈센조' 출연 … 내년 방송 [Song Joong-ki, Jeon Yeo-been and Ok Taecyeon to appear on tvN 'Vincenzo' ... Broadcast next year]. Yonhap (in Korean). Archived from the original on February 6, 2021. Retrieved October 27, 2020.
- MacDonald, Joan (January 6, 2021). "10 Dramas To Watch Out For In 2021". Forbes. Archived from the original on January 11, 2021. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- "Nielsen Korea". AGB Nielsen Media Research. Archived from the original on February 20, 2021. Retrieved March 22, 2021.
- "'빈센조' 송중기, 악당의 방식으로 빌런 옥택연X김여진X조한철 처단". Hankyung (in Korean). May 3, 2021. Archived from the original on May 12, 2021. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- "[Update] "Vincenzo" Currently Ranked 4th Most Popular TV Show On Netflix Worldwide". Kpopmap - Kpop, Kdrama and Trend Stories Coverage. April 27, 2021. Retrieved December 18, 2021.
- Feldman, Dana. "Here Are The 10 Most-Viewed Korean Series On Netflix In 2021". Forbes. Retrieved December 18, 2021.
- "Kim Hyung-mook Confirmed for "Vincenzo", a Buttery Chef". HanCinema. September 8, 2020. Archived from the original on October 30, 2020. Retrieved October 27, 2020.
- Park Soo-in (March 17, 2021). "고상호 '빈센조' 합류 "송중기와 또 한 번 호흡, 기쁘고 설레". Newsen via Naver (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 22, 2021. Retrieved March 17, 2021.
- Hong Se-young (February 16, 2021). "[단독] 진선규, '빈센조' 특별출연 .. '승리호' 송중기와 인연". Sport Dong-A (in Korean). Archived from the original on May 16, 2021. Retrieved February 16, 2021.
- Shin Young-eun (February 16, 2021). "[단독] 이희준, '빈센조' 특별출연 … '보고타' 송중기와 인연". Daily Economy Star Today (in Korean). Archived from the original on February 16, 2021. Retrieved February 16, 2021.
- Bae Hyo-joo (February 17, 2021). "'빈센조' 진선규→이희준, 첫회부터 화려한 특별출연 "하드캐리 기대"". Newsen (in Korean). Archived from the original on May 16, 2021. Retrieved February 17, 2021.
- Lee Min-ji (March 4, 2021). "'빈센조' 신승환 특별출연, 송중기X전여빈과 호흡(공식)". Newsen via Naver (in Korean). Archived from the original on May 16, 2021. Retrieved March 4, 2021.
- Hong Se-young (March 11, 2021). "빈센조' 김성철·김병지·임채무·전국향 특별출연 [공식]". Sports DongA via Naver (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 22, 2021. Retrieved March 11, 2021.
- Park Soo-in (March 27, 2021). "빈센조' 측 "2PM 닉쿤 황찬성 특별출연" 옥택연과 의리(공식입장)". Newsen via Naver (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 22, 2021. Retrieved March 27, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (February 20, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on February 21, 2021. Retrieved February 21, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (February 21, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 26, 2021. Retrieved February 22, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (February 27, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 26, 2021. Retrieved February 28, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (February 28, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 26, 2021. Retrieved March 1, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (March 6, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on March 7, 2021. Retrieved March 7, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (March 7, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on March 8, 2021. Retrieved March 8, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (March 13, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on March 14, 2021. Retrieved March 16, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (March 14, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on March 15, 2021. Retrieved March 16, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (March 20, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on March 15, 2021. Retrieved March 21, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (March 21, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on February 21, 2021. Retrieved March 22, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (March 27, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on February 21, 2021. Retrieved March 28, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (March 28, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on March 29, 2021. Retrieved March 29, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (April 03, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 26, 2021. Retrieved April 4, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (April 04, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 26, 2021. Retrieved April 5, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (April 10, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on June 13, 2021. Retrieved April 11, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (April 11, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 11, 2021. Retrieved April 12, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (April 24, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 25, 2021. Retrieved April 25, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (April 25, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 25, 2021. Retrieved April 26, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (May 1, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on May 2, 2021. Retrieved May 2, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (May 2, 2021)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on May 2, 2021. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- Kim, Seong-Hyun (May 26, 2020). '왕남' 감독·'열혈사제' 작가… tvN '빈센조'로 의기투합(공식) ['The King's' Director and 'The Fiery Priest' Screenwriter together for tvN 'Vincenzo' (official)]. YTN (in Korean). Archived from the original on November 23, 2020. Retrieved February 6, 2021.
- "Song Joong-ki and Jeon Yeo-bin Mentioned for tvN's "Vincenzo"". HanCinema. July 6, 2020. Archived from the original on July 8, 2020. Retrieved February 6, 2021.
- "Ok Taecyeon to Star in "Vincenzo"". HanCinema. July 30, 2020. Archived from the original on August 12, 2020. Retrieved February 6, 2021.
- Park, So-yeon (August 10, 2020). '빈센조' 송중기X전여빈X옥택연, 레전드 라인업 완성 … 2021년 방송 ['Vincenzo' Song Joong-ki x Jeon Yeo-bin x Ok Taec-yeon completes legend lineup; Broadcast in 2021]. Exsports News (in Korean). Archived from the original on February 9, 2021. Retrieved February 6, 2021 – via Naver.
- Hwang, Hye-jin (January 5, 2021). ‘빈센조’ 송중기X전여빈X옥택연X유재명 대본리딩 어땠나, 美친 연기 열전. Newsen (in Korean). Naver. Archived from the original on January 5, 2021. Retrieved September 26, 2021.
- "'빈센조', 16회까지 방송 후 한 주 결방" (in Korean). Ilgan Sports. Archived from the original on May 12, 2021. Retrieved May 12, 2021.
- "'Chinese' bibimbap in 'Vincenzo' stirs up Korean viewers". The Korea Times. March 15, 2021. Archived from the original on May 12, 2021. Retrieved May 12, 2021.
- "빈센조 OST Part.1" [Vincenzo OST Part.1]. Melon. Archived from the original on April 11, 2021. Retrieved February 28, 2021.
- "빈센조 OST Part.2" [Vincenzo OST Part.2]. Melon. Archived from the original on June 13, 2021. Retrieved March 7, 2021.
- "빈센조 OST Part.3" [Vincenzo OST Part.3]. Melon. Archived from the original on April 22, 2021. Retrieved March 14, 2021.
- "빈센조 OST Part.4" [Vincenzo OST Part.4]. Melon. Archived from the original on April 22, 2021. Retrieved March 21, 2021.
- "빈센조 OST Part.5" [Vincenzo OST Part.5]. Melon. Archived from the original on April 22, 2021. Retrieved April 4, 2021.
- "빈센조 OST Part.6" [Vincenzo OST Part.6]. Melon. Archived from the original on April 25, 2021. Retrieved April 25, 2021.
- "July 7, 2018 Nationwide Cable Ratings". Nielsen Korea. Archived from the original on July 8, 2018. Retrieved December 13, 2020.
1st (tvN) 미스터션샤인<본> 8.852%
- "November 28, 2018 Nationwide Cable Ratings". Nielsen Korea. Archived from the original on January 29, 2021. Retrieved December 13, 2020.
1st (tvN) 수목드라마(남자친구<본>) 8.683%
- "December 12, 2020 Nationwide Cable Ratings". Nielsen Korea.
1st (tvN) 토일드라마(철인왕후조선중전영혼가출스캔들<본>) 8.030%
- Kim, Ji-hye. 제57회 백상예술대상, TV·영화·연극 부문 최종 후보 발표..13일 생방송[공식] [The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards, finalists announced in the TV·Film·Drama category.. Live broadcast on the 13th]. Herald Pop (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 12, 2021. Retrieved April 12, 2021 – via Naver.
- "2021 올해의 브랜드 대상 수상 기업" [2021 Brand of the Year Grand Prize Winner]. kcforum (in Korean). August 19, 2021. Retrieved August 19, 2021.
- "Asia Contents Awards". asiacontentsawards.com. Retrieved October 9, 2021.
- Lee Han-lim (August 20, 2021). "'서울드라마어워즈 2021', 한류드라마상 온라인 투표 진행" [Seoul Drama Awards 2021', online voting for Hallyu Drama Awards] (in Korean). The Fact. Retrieved August 23, 2021 – via Naver.
- Ahn Yun-ji (October 21, 2021). "'빈센조' 작품상 최우수 수상 "송중기·제작진 고마워"[서울드라마어워즈]" ['Vincenzo' Best Drama Award "Thanks Song Joong-ki and the production crew" [Seoul Drama Awards]] (in Korean). Star News. Retrieved October 21, 2021 – via Naver.
- "(Actress) Outstanding Korean Drama Global Vote". Pikkle. Retrieved August 23, 2021.
- "(Actor) Outstanding Korean Drama Global Vote". Pikkle. Retrieved August 23, 2021.
- "宮藤官九郎「長瀬智也くんしかできない役」、東京ドラマアウォードでグランプリ受賞". natalie. Retrieved October 28, 2021.
- "윤여정에 금관문화훈장…오늘 대중문화예술상 시상식". Maeil Business Newspaper. Retrieved October 28, 2021.
- "Asia Artist Awards". www.asiaartistawards.com (in Korean). Retrieved December 13, 2021.
- "빈센조·슬의생 등 K드라마 열풍 이끈 '스튜디오드래곤' 대통령 표창". 국민일보 (in Korean). December 9, 2021. Retrieved December 13, 2021.
- "The 10 best Korean dramas of 2021". NME. December 21, 2021. Retrieved December 22, 2021.