This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Director(s)||Eun Seok Yi, Jae Ho Han|
|Producer(s)||Chris Gyselinck, Yong Shin Kwak, Eun Do Chae, Dong Kun Kim|
|Artist(s)||Kim Bum, Celder, Moonssang|
|Composer(s)||Hana Chae, Sangmin Sung, Gahae Kim, Dong Hyuc Shin, Kun Young Lee|
|Genre(s)||Action MMORPG, Hack and Slash|
Vindictus is an action massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) created by devCAT, an internal studio of Korean free-to-play game publisher Nexon. Vindictus is a prequel to the MMORPG Mabinogi, and is known as Mabinogi Heroes (Korean: 마비노기 영웅전) in Asia.
Vindictus takes place in the same setting used in Mabinogi, but is placed chronologically several hundred years prior to the first game, during a period of war and strife. Vindictus follows Nexon's traditional free-to-play model. The game itself is free to download and play and charges no purchase price. The game contains a virtual item shop to purchase in-game items with Nexon's virtual currency called NX (or Karma Koin) to enhance the player's character's appearance and abilities.
In Vindictus, "classes" and "characters" are one and the same. When beginning the game, players will have a choice to play as one of seventeen characters, each of which has different combat skills and abilities. Players are free to alter certain aspects of their character's appearance, but basic abilities and combat styles are set at character creation – although some classes have access to two weapon types with different combat styles. All characters are gender-locked. Though the game was originally intended to have five characters, there are now currently twenty plus.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2013)
Vindictus was nominated for best MMO at E3 2010 that was held at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 14 to 17. IGN awarded Vindictus Best Free-to-Play MMO Game of 2010.
- ^ "Vindictus for PC Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- ^ "Best Free-to-Play MMO Game 2010 - Vindictus - Free-to-Play - IGN". ign.com. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- Official website (North America)
- Official website (in Korean)
- Official website (in Chinese)
- Official website (Taiwan)
- Official Vindictus Wiki
- Korea Game Awards Winner
- 2010 video games
- Active massively multiplayer online games
- Massively multiplayer online role-playing games
- Free-to-play video games
- Hack and slash role-playing games
- Nexon games
- Source (game engine) games
- Video games based on Celtic mythology
- Video games developed in South Korea
- Video games featuring female protagonists
- Windows games
- Windows-only games