Vineet Kumar Singh
|Vineet Kumar Singh|
|Born||15 Jan 1980 (38)
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Vineet Kumar Singh is an Indian film actor and writer. After a series of unnoticed performances in his early career including City of Gold, he got noticed for his role in films like Bombay Talkies and Gangs of Wasseypur. His role in Ugly got him his first Screen nomination for Best Supporting Actor. He is making his Bollywood Debut as Lead Actor with the 2018 Anurag Kashyap Film Mukkabaaz in which he is playing the titular role of the Boxer named Shravan Singh. 
Vineet is from Varanasi. He was interested in sports and even played Basketball on a National level for Sub Junior and Mini level. But later realized that his height can be a hindrance for him to play Senior level Nationals. His father was a noted mathematician and therefore his family had an academic background. He wanted to join National School of Drama but due to parental pressure and social norms he could not pursue the same.  He is CPMT qualified and topper from his medical college. He has done his masters in Ayurveda from Nagpur. He is a licensed medical practitioner with an MD (Doctor of Medicine) in Ayurveda. He started his career as an Assistant Director despite being a licensed medical practitioner with an MD (Doctor of Medicine) in Ayurveda. He has also spent few years of his life in Haridwar and moved to Varanasi for study purpose.
Vineet Kumar Singh came to Mumbai to participate in Superstars Talent Hunt and got a chance to meet Actor-Director Mahesh Manjrekar. He worked as an Associate/Assistant Director for Mahesh Manjrekar in Films like Viruddh(2005) and Deh in the initial years of his Career. In 2007, Singh left Direction to focus solely on acting. After doing several hit and miss roles in films like Gori Tere Pyaar Mein and Isaaq, he got his break in Marathi bilingual City of Gold(2010). It was after this he met the ace director Anurag Kashyap and was casted for the role of Danish Khan in Gangs of Wasseypur. Even amongst actors like Manoj Bajpai, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Piyush Mishra and Richa Chadha Vineet was noticed. His effortless portrayal of Danish Khan bagged him challenging roles in movies like Bombay Talkies (2013) where he got a chance to work with legend Amitabh Bachchan and Ugly (2014) which gave him his first Screen nomination. He also appeared in Birla Sunlife and 7up Nimbooz commercials. Vineet was seen opposite Raima Sen in the 2016 Film Bollywood Diaries directed by K.D. Satyam. This film also stars Ashish Vidyarthi and Salim Diwan. Vineet will be next seen in 'Aur Devdas' directed by renowned director Sudhir Mishra. In his upcoming movie of 2018 Mukkabaaz, the Actor plays the role of a Boxer. This Film was screened in the Special Presentations section at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival and the 2017 Mumbai Film Festival. The actor trained hard for two years to prepare himself as the Protagonist of this Anurag Kashyap Film. 
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2013||Ugly||Chaitanya||Screen in 2013 Cannes Film Festival|
|2013||Bombay Talkies||Vijay||Segment Murabba|
|2013||Gori Tere Pyaar Mein|
|2012||Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1||Danish Khan|
|2012||Gangs of Wasseypur - Part 2||Danish Khan|
|2010||City of Gold||Mohan|
|2007||Chain Kulii Ki Main Kulii||Sohail|
- "Mukkabaaz Trailer: Vineet Kumar Singh is the Mike Tyson of Uttar Pradesh in this Anurag Kashyap film".
- IANS. "Interview". Times Of India. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Pareira, Priyanka. "Struggler by Choice". IndianExpress.
- Singh, Anvita. "Vineet Kumar Singh: Before Mukkabaaz, five movies where the actor proved his mettle". IndianExpress.
- "18 years of struggle was more painful than training for Mukkabaaz: Vineet Kumar Singh".
- "Vineet Kumar Singh underwent extensive training for Mukkabaaz".
- Singh, Vineet. "About Me". Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Vineet Kumar Singh recalls struggling years".
- Shapiro, Dev. "SHORTS: Interview with Vineet Kumar Singh". Selig Film News.
- Shetty, Shakti. "There is no such thing as a camp: Vineet Kumar Singh". Midday.
- "Anurag Kashyap's 'Mukkabaaz' to open Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Fest". The Statesman. 8 September 2017.
- Quint, Entertainment (27 December 2014). "Before 'Mukkabaaz', Here's Cheering for Vineet Singh, the Actor". The Quint".
- "Vineet Kumar Singh underwent extensive training for 'Mukkabaaz'".
- "Not scared of any Boxer Now - Actor Vineet Kumar Singh".
- Bains, Pahull (31 October 2017). "The sweet science of 'Mukkabaaz'". Livemint".