||This article is incomplete. (May 2016)|
|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
methyl (2β,3β,4β,5α,12β,19α)- 4-(acetyloxy)- 15-[(4R,6R,8S)- 4-(1,1-difluoroethyl)- 8-(methoxycarbonyl)- 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9-octahydro- 2,6-methanoazecino[4,3-b]indol- 8-yl]- 3-hydroxy- 16-methoxy- 1-methyl- 6,7-didehydroaspidospermidine- 3-carboxylate
|AHFS/Drugs.com||International Drug Names|
|ATC code||L01CA05 (WHO)|
|Molar mass||816.92 g/mol|
|(what is this?)|
Vinflunine (INN, trade name Javlor) is a novel fluorinated Vinca alkaloid undergoing research for the treatment of bladder cancer. It was originally discovered by the team of the Professor Jean-Claude Jacquesy (UMR CNRS 6514 - Poitiers University), developed by Laboratoires Pierre Fabre and was licensed to Bristol-Myers Squibb for development in certain countries, including the United States.
On November 23, 2007, Pierre Fabre and BMS announced that they are terminating their license agreement for the development of vinflunine.
As of 2016[update] In some countries, vinflunine is the only commercially approved agent for salvage therapy of urothelial carcinoma, (with approval based on the results of a phase III trial), with a reported median OS of about 6 months.
Approvals and indications
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2016)|
- Kruczynski A, Barret JM, Etiévant C, Colpaert F, Fahy J, Hill BT (March 1998). "Antimitotic and tubulin-interacting properties of vinflunine, a novel fluorinated Vinca alkaloid". Biochem. Pharmacol. 55 (5): 635–48. doi:10.1016/S0006-2952(97)00505-4. PMID 9515574.
- Vinca Alkaloids in Superacidic Media: A Method for Creating a New Family of Antitumor Derivatives Fahy, J.; Duflos, A.; Ribet, J.-P.; Jacquesy, J.-C.; Berrier, C.; Jouannetaud, M.-P.; Zunino, F. J. Am. Chem. Soc.; (Communication); 1997; 119(36); 8576-8577.
- "Bristol -Myers Squibb press release - Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pierre Fabre Provide Update On Vinflunine Development Status". Retrieved 2008-06-27.
- Systemic Therapy for Urothelial Carcinoma: Is a Renaissance Around the Corner? 2016
- Bellmunt J, Theodore C, Demkov T; et al. (2009). "Phase III trial of vinflunine plus best supportive care compared with best supportive care alone after a platinum-containing regimen in patients with advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelial tract.". J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:4454-61. doi:10.1200/JCO.2008.20.5534.
|This antineoplastic or immunomodulatory drug article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|